Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 08:34 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesacat View Post
SWB, My partner and I agree...although we're lesbians, we still think you're hot. I have to agree with the others though that part of your problem may be just your youth and partially your standards. I agree with you though, I couldnt be with a smoker or a druggie either but as for age and looks...well, I am ten years older than my partner and we get along wonderfully. Maybe you should take another look at those 30 somethings.
Michelle has a single gay brother who lives in Maryland but that might be a bit to far away for you.
Oh..and btw, we drive for a trucking company called TRL. Its located in Pittston which is close to you I think. Perhaps we'll see each other around sometime.

Hello there! I just came across your reply now; sorry about my tardiness! First of all, what the hell is it with just about everyone on this forum having some sort of connection to little Pittston, PA? That makes over a half-dozen of us now that are somehow related to this town of 7,700! Wow! Representin' Tomato Town! WOOO!!

Thanks for the compliments! I don't often hear them; it's mostly moreso a case of people nitpicking every little flaw that they can with my appearance (including my doting sister who loves to inspect my nosehair length every opportunity she gets and my ex-boyfriend, the cuticle coniesseur!) LOL!

I suppose I could (and should) consider older men. After all, my 19-year-old friend Erin is currently dating a 40-year-old man and is quite happy. Why couldn't the same be said for me when Scranton's young single gay dating pool is so abysmal otherwise? He may be keeling over from old age when I'm just turning 35, but at least I could enjoy romance for a little while, right? LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 05:54 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Hi, SWB. THis thread hit while I was on vacation. WIsh I could have been a part of it. You know I love ya, man, even tho you're a lot younger than I am and you're a gay guy and I'm a straight woman. You're a special person and I always look for your posts.

Having said that, I see that you mention you're getting desperate. DO you think maybe that's coming thru? I would think guys are guys, and the straight ones I knew did not like to feel a sense of desperation coming off their potential dates. So, as a number of folks so kindly said, relax. It'll happen when you least expect it and when you're not looking for it.

Best of luck to you, handsome.

Old 05-28-2007, 06:20 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
I hear ya there. I actually have a quirky sort of personality like him, and I think I could do a decent job of mimicking him.
I don't think you should mimick anyone. I think you should be you. why be someone else, meet someone, have them like you for who you are, not to only find out later who you really are?

I think you are cute... also, not much on that striped shirt... Love that 1st pic...

Go to a good salon and tell them to make you beautiful...

Old 05-28-2007, 08:50 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,168,409 times
How many gay guys pass through Lowe's, many? I don't see it as a great pick up joint for you, but I could be wrong - they need to update their cute homes too, or do they just hire it all done? Either way, just get out there more. Go do something different, get out of your routine.

Focus on what you want and keep your eye on that. Don't dwell on what you don't have. I swear if you focus on having romance or the perfect man in your life, you will find it. Just be happy and you will become happier. Be yourself and some great guy will see you and say "hey that guy is just what I'm looking for!!"

Old 11-16-2007, 02:36 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,797 times
hahahha.. BUMP! I was browsing through some older posts when I found this... my jaw dropped when I saw who the OP was.

good times good times! LOL

Note to the topic: I wouldn't think gay men would be hanging around lowes looking for other gay men. Would you not be better off in a library? or, a state park of botanical gardens? art classes? stand up comedy clubs? (trying to think of fun alternatives to gay bars)

Old 11-16-2007, 02:56 PM

223 posts, read 694,242 times
wait... old thread. My mistake for not reading through it!

Old 11-16-2007, 04:40 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,401,511 times
I can't really see the pics. They are too small.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:51 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Alright, SWB, although I already think your a sexy beast, I'm still gonna wave my magic wand and send you off to Sexy Beast Land for a little while

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Old 11-16-2007, 07:06 PM

223 posts, read 694,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Alright, SWB, although I already think your a sexy beast, I'm still gonna wave my magic wand and send you off to Sexy Beast Land for a little while

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/hrtofdixie69/scranton.jpg (broken link)

AI WAY!

Old 11-16-2007, 07:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
boundaries are good. they make everybody relax some.
nice photos but i am thinking you are working very hard and need to take some time for yourself to just relax a lil.
dont have to eat the elephant all in one bite.
have a good evening. welcome to the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships