Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 02:17 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! After nearly three years alone, I'm finding myself stuck in a rut of loneliness and depression, and I'm determined to turn that around. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm working full-time at a job making $10/hr. while earning high grades in college in pursuit of a highly-demanded degree. I run several miles per day and barely have an ounce of fat on my body. I have my own car, and I should have my own place soon. I like to volunteer, and I love animals. I don't have a nasty bone in my body (besides some rush-hour road rage), and my heart is ready to burst from all the pent-up romance I have stored inside of it. In my opinion, I'm not a bad catch. This must mean that my outward appearance repels people like the plague! I'm going to post several pictures of myself, and I'd gladly appreciate any and all feedback on what to do to lure prosepective dates my way. Is my hair too dated? Does my attire make me look too metrosexual? Should I go tanning? Should I go for teeth whitening? Should I get a facial? Should I get a full body wax? I just don't know what to do, but I'm desperate to just lie down on the loveseat and cuddle with someone while watching a movie. Honestly, could the dating pool in Scranton just be that abysmal? I suppose I could always expand my horizons an hour away to NJ to find someone---love knows no boundaries, right?

I don't wanna grow up!

At least I found a cow that would put out for me!

My friend and I in Massachusetts, one of my favorite places.

Blazing a trail through the Poconos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 02:23 PM

422 posts, read 2,005,480 times
ARe you gay or straight? You have the look of a gay man. And a person sexual preference is really no business of mine. I'm just saying you look femine. You could stand to gain some wait. And hair spray in men--that look is out. Let your hair grow out a bit. OTher than that you are cute and a great smile.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMe View Post
ARe you gay or straight? You have the look of a gay man. And a person sexual preference is really no business of mine. I'm just saying you look femine. You could stand to gain some wait. And hair spray in men--that look is out. Let your hair grow out a bit. OTher than that you are cute and a great smile.
Thanks for the input. Yes, I am gay, and I'm actually glad that I have the supposed "gay look to me." This means that I'm not scaring away potential dates because they think I might be straight. As for the weight, I think I must have a medical condition related to an obscenely-high metabolic rate. I can sit down and eat half a cheesecake and not gain an ounce, which is really irritating! Actually, I didn't want to post a shirtless picture of myself and cause a vomit wave to occur, but I'm more defined than I am scrawny---I'm a runner and have a six-pack when I flex (No, you can't see my ribs either!). Actually, it's hair gel, not hairspray, and I'm not sure of the latest trends in mens' hairstyles. I always liked the "gelled" look in others, but I hear wavy and bushy might be making a comeback, so you might be right. Thanks for the compliments too! We're only a hop, skip, and a jump away from each other---have anybody in mind you could set me up on a blind date with? LOL!

Old 05-07-2007, 02:50 PM

Hahahah. I know some lesbians...hmmm.

Well if you wanna gain weight...STOP RUNNING!!!!!! And ok--hair gel is fine, but not if it makes your hair hard and pointy. Spike look is kinda out. Keep smiling. OH and what is with the stripes on the shirt. Freckles and stripes don't go. Your beautiful face is busy enough. Stick with solids and stay away from CLAY Gaykin closet.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Hahahah. I know some lesbians...hmmm.

Well if you wanna gain weight...STOP RUNNING!!!!!! And ok--hair gel is fine, but not if it makes your hair hard and pointy. Spike look is kinda out. Keep smiling. OH and what is with the stripes on the shirt. Freckles and stripes don't go. Your beautiful face is busy enough. Stick with solids and stay away from CLAY Gaykin closet.
Well, running is my favorite hobby. It's actually quite rewarding to go into work at Lowe's and hear "Hey, aren't you that guy that runs through Avoca?" at least once a week from some random customer, since my running route takes me past hundreds of vehicles per day. It feels good to be known as "that guy who runs!" LOL! Perhaps I can use that to my advantage when I "run" for political office in the future (cheesy pun intended).

Agreed that the spiked look is on its way out with the death of the metrosexual craze. I've actually been told that blond highlights in my hair might be interesting for the summer. As far as the stripes are concerned, I'm just like WNEP's wacky weather guy Joe Snedeker---we both own a plethora of shirts with horizontal stripes! It's funny you should mention Clay Aiken, I had a girl ask me out at work one day because she idolized Clay Aiken and thought I made a great substitute! Dear God no!!! LOL! Now I get told I look more like Ryan Seacrest (even scarier! AHHH!!!) LOL!

Old 05-07-2007, 03:06 PM

well if you get those blonde highlights you will look like Ryan Seacrest.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:08 PM

788 posts, read 4,068,020 times
I think you're a cutie pie, but I'm a woman.

As far as gaining weight is concerned, why don't you just scale the running down a little bit and start working out with weights? That will help build some mass, but you will still be very healthy.

Also, one of my best friends is a gay male in San Diego (you guys kind of look a like--freckles, reddish hair, in shape, attractive), anyway, he meets men all of the time becasue he is in a very gay friendly, large city. Plus, he has lots of gay friends and goes out a lot. If that isn't your scene (going out a lot and moving), I really think an online dating service might be a great idea. A lot of people I know have used them with great success.

You seem like a great catch to me too. Not getting dates doesn't mean you're not wonderful and attractive. It just means you are having some alone time--I've been there, and yes, it does get very lonely. It seems like when you are looking for someone, there isn't anyone, and when you just want to date and have fun--the ONE shows up. Just keep your head up, and try the online dating service. I know it used to have a stigma attached to it, but it just doesn't anymore (at least in CA).

Old 05-07-2007, 03:11 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
I don't know SWB, people here seem to like you a whole lot. I can't imagine things are much different in real life. Maybe you're just going through a low spell. That's normal. People in their early 20's tend to go through that kind of thing. You're still developing your sense of identity. I sort of remember going through the same thing when I was your age, I didn't quite know myself yet.

Just hang in there and ride it out. If you need help, simply ask. And no, you don't need to change your appearance, but I admire MollyMe for being so direct.

And I'm sure you are an excellent catch, but your sense of well-being should not depend on someone else's attention. Just be and enjoy yourself.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:15 PM

Quote:
well if you get those blonde highlights you will look like Ryan Seacrest.
AHHHH!!! Perhaps I should try a different strategy. As straight women, if any of you could take any male celebrity on a date, who would it be? Perhaps I'll then try to emulate them.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:19 PM

788 posts, read 4,068,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
AHHHH!!! Perhaps I should try a different strategy. As straight women, if any of you could take any male celebrity on a date, who would it be? Perhaps I'll then try to emulate them.
Johnny Depp---his whole deep, kind of dark persona is soooo sexy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships