Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 12:34 PM

84 posts, read 268,281 times

Advertisements

I can not get over the number of old friends and relatives who have decided to swear off men and dating after a few bad relationships. They assume that because a few men have treated them poorly, that they are destined to be single and without a female/male relationship forever. Many have given up on themselves, became mannish, fat and they have stopped trying to be attractive. Many have announced to the world that they are now free of men and will never date again.

Do you know any men that would say that after a bad relationship? I do not, just lots of women! Why?

Old 10-13-2009, 12:55 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainy Intellectual Type View Post
I can not get over the number of old friends and relatives who have decided to swear off men and dating after a few bad relationships. They assume that because a few men have treated them poorly, that they are destined to be single and without a female/male relationship forever. Many have given up on themselves, became mannish, fat and they have stopped trying to be attractive. Many have announced to the world that they are now free of men and will never date again.

Do you know any men that would say that after a bad relationship? I do not, just lots of women! Why?
Welcome to CD. Give it some time. We have our share of bitter men here.

It's unfortunate but I think they're all silly. It's a huge sign of weakness and minimal intelligence when you allow a few bad apples to pave such a miserable path to the rest of your life.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:55 PM

911 posts, read 2,375,178 times
i know quite a few women that are like that

Old 10-13-2009, 01:00 PM

951 posts, read 1,810,997 times
Default I Give Up!

Quote:
Do you know any men that would say that after a bad relationship?

Why?
That's what they all say, with one exception, and everyone laughs at him.

Why?

Divorced guys usually got burned, at least any guy with a good job. The examples that women give when this didn't happen are not found in my social circle. Two weeks ago, I had a beer with a guy paying $60,000 c/s and the kid(s) live with him! Our advice: you only have 36 more months left so don't rock the boat. The lawyers are the only ones who will gain if you make an issue of this. Perhaps she'll bank some of the $180,000 and not come back to court for more, right away.

Nowdays, single guys usually spend years preparing themself for a decent job (and thereby marriage) and often find the pickings thin when they are finally ready. The population of remaining women have too many "hidden" problems on top of the obvious ones. Making your way through a minefield is nobody's idea of a good time! PTSD anyone?

Old 10-13-2009, 01:07 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Yes....I have also heard "im gay" from guys after dating people who they refered to after transgressions discovered as c** dumpster. Fill in the blanks...LOL

The "gayness" lasts for about the first man kiss that grosses them out with stuble. lol

I go anti whatever that anti-man thing is. But I get very anti-male post break-up. The only dude I want to talk to at that point is a gay dude.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:07 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Well, I don't want to play "Blame The Victim" here. But when somebody has a string of disastrous relationships, whether that person is a man or a woman, the problem is always, without exception, the person who's doing the complaining.

You heard right, folks. If you have had a bunch of women or men tear out your heart and stomp that sucker flat, then chances are close to 100% that a) you have terrible taste in opposite sex, b) you are socially retarded, or c) you just have awful judgement.

Time to face the music. The problem's not with them. It's with you.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:09 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Well there is always more reason than one...And sometimes...people just suck and you can't predict the future.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:22 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, I don't want to play "Blame The Victim" here. But when somebody has a string of disastrous relationships, whether that person is a man or a woman, the problem is always, without exception, the person who's doing the complaining.

You heard right, folks. If you have had a bunch of women or men tear out your heart and stomp that sucker flat, then chances are close to 100% that a) you have terrible taste in opposite sex, b) you are socially retarded, or c) you just have awful judgement.

Time to face the music. The problem's not with them. It's with you.
You've got that right. And it's easier to blame an entire gender than it is to fix what's really wrong.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:31 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I can only speak for myself and my experience.

After being married nearly 30 years, and soon to be divorced (not my idea btw), I've learned so much about men and their minds and thoughts and stupid mid life crisis issues that I really don't want to deal with it again. It's like having kids, I raised mine and don't want to raise any more.

I'm going to be glad to be on my own and not have to tiptoe around some fragile male ego or play stupid mind games (mind games!! after 30 years!!!!). If a guy wants to fit into MY life, and I don't have to play psychologist or sex therapist, then maybe I'll consider it. Otherwise I'm going to stay planted firmly in the platonic zone.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:50 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:

Hi Brainy Intellectual Type,

I have two single guys my team of about 10 who are off the sidelines and for some time. They are both near 40. They are not vocal about it. I stayed on the sideline for a long time as well for related reasons like seeing bad divorces and X-girlfriends . I kept it to myself for the most part. I just decided to find out about women and meet enough of them on a casual basis to be able to tell the difference. Once you meet enough, its much easier to tell. I was also smart enough to know it just sounds like whining and sour grapes.

The bad news for them is no man will care about the point they are making. Very few men will cry about manly fat women refusing to date. I don't recall a single suicide over my hesitation either. I think most women would just figure I am not available and move on to someone who is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships