Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Ep- Ep- started this thread

2,080 posts, read 4,171,145 times

Advertisements

Meet girl online. Meet for dinner for the first time. Spend 3 hours talking, laughing, having a great time. Have a lot in common. Girl texts me the next morning saying she had such a great time. I call girl later to see if she wants to do something over the weekend, she just wants to be friends.

Thought I finally found a decent girl for a change =/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 09:08 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,873 times
Why isn't she a decent girl? Because she wasn't into you?

You may have been a great guy, and a fun date, and she texted to let you know that, but in the end you were not "the one" for her and therefore she wasn't the one for you either.

Get over it! Move on!

Old 10-15-2009, 09:30 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,728,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
Meet girl online. Meet for dinner for the first time. Spend 3 hours talking, laughing, having a great time. Have a lot in common. Girl texts me the next morning saying she had such a great time. I call girl later to see if she wants to do something over the weekend, she just wants to be friends.

Thought I finally found a decent girl for a change =/
That's where you erred, mate. Next time, keep it quiet for 24 hours and your cell phone will have a text flood.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:40 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
I applaud you for not playing by silly rules (wait X amount of time). You took a chance and it didn't work out. It's not the end of the world. At least she's not stringing you along making you think you're more than you really are.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:48 PM

393 posts, read 1,498,381 times
Ouch - the "just friends" kiss of death. I know it REALLY stings right now and you're wondering how such a good time can be had between the two of you while the next second she decides to cool things off before anything gets started. There's a million possible reasons for it so it's best not to torture yourself. On to the next! And if this individual wants to be your friend and really initiates that, then so be it.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:56 PM
Ep- Ep- started this thread

2,080 posts, read 4,171,145 times
Heh guess I've just been on a string of bad dates lately and thought this one was good so I was more excited then normal. She really didn't have to send the text. We were also going to just meet for drinks but she was hungry so we got dinner too. She could have paid half if she knew she wasn't gonna see me agian. There's $60 I'll never see again, lol.

Oh, and I know all the rules of dating. The whole call after X hours thing, ect. I've been in the dating game long enough that I'm tired of dumb rules. I've been ignoring all the dumb ones and if a girl doesn't want to see me because I called one day later instead of 2-3 oh well...prob not what I'm looking for anyways.

Life was easier when I was younger and a jerk and didn't try and treat girls nice! =0

Old 10-15-2009, 10:27 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
You can have "chemistry" of a sort but not "that" sort of chemistry. You should actually feel extremely lucky that she didn't play any games but was totally upfront.

Sounds like she'd be quite a good friend to have. My gut reaction would be to - well - simply be a friend.

Your post is a bit grammatically stilted. Are you from Eastern Europe? I confess I do have a bit of a problem when, along with that, you say, "Thought I finally found a decent girl for a change."

Sounds to me that she's a very decent girl. Just one who might like to have you as a friend but who just doesn't see a romantic interaction.

Nothing wrong with that! Friends generally last longer than romantic relationships.

Hope this helps!

Old 10-15-2009, 10:34 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,576,837 times
Did you perhaps go off on a speech about manure?

Old 10-16-2009, 04:42 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,933,140 times
Go with it. At worst, you end up with another friend. At best, maybe one day you marry your best friend.

And I can tell you, marrying your best friend is awesome. When you're all done screwing, you still like each other!

Old 10-16-2009, 04:43 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times
Epron?/Tvsg??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships