Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 03:50 PM

12,585 posts, read 17,018,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Seriously? It was a joke. Get over it! And get over yourself. You're obsessive, controlling, posessive and jealous and these are some of the worst qualities in a human being. You say a lot of things like "I know I'm making a lot of this and that shows insecurity on my part" but if you actually believed that, you wouldn't be doing all this. There is no justification for what you're doing so just STOP. YES you are totally out of line! You should just be grateful that your girlfriend is even still with you and tolerating this kind of behavior because believe me, if I were her, you would have dumped on your a$$ a long time ago.

For my first witness to take the stand to back up my "Moody, crazy" comment.

No further questions your honor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 04:17 PM

890 posts, read 2,792,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ep4shrt View Post
she has told me that they have never been together sexually and that she has no feelings for him than friends i no im messed up but please what gives here am i totally out of line.
It's very hard to read without paragraphs and some capitalization, but I did read it all.

1. You have the right "to feel" whatever you want to feel. If it was to feel offended, then that's entirely up to you.

2. You don't want that offensive material for your girl friend. However, the decision whether that material is offensive or not, is your girl friend's right to decide for herself.

3. What you can do is express yourself in terms of how you feel about it to your girl friend. Perhaps say "I find that offensive and it makes me feel insecure that some guy can just casually talk, text or joke to you about sex." But that's how far you can go. It is your girl friend's choice to do whatever with it.

4. You admit it to yourself that you feel insecure and that is something only you can deal with and correct.

5. As for wanting or demanding to talk to the guy, what did you expect to accomplish? The guy correct his actions? Stop being friends to your girl friend? Do you think the guy or your girl see your actions are justifiable?

6. By going beyond expressing yourself and your concern to your girl friend, you deny her the choice to want to put consideration to your feelings. It is a controlling behavior on your part because the incident was beyond your control to begin with.

7. And that you did not validate her point of view, just as much as she did not validate you because you did not express yourself clear enough.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:22 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,970,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Are you about 15 years old by chance? Paragraphs, spaces after a period/sentence, and MAJOR INSECURITY issues! This is how you throw your girlfriend into the arms of another guy, keep up the psycho/possessive behavior and she really will be doing it with someone else, and not just texting.

I'll just echo this. That was painful to read. And you need to relax! Things will get worse if you continue like this.

And for the love of god, why do people have to quote OP's over and over, especially long ones?!

Old 10-17-2009, 12:31 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,534,589 times
Quote:
...am i totally out of line.
Yes.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:41 AM

3 posts, read 10,926 times
Well thanks to everyone who replied.you all seem to mean well.Sorry about my grammar and improper puntuation to those of you who have a problem with it.I understand I have a problem with trust, insecurity,and i,m sure you all are so well rounded.I have spoken with the guy and He called me appologized said it was a forwarded joke and did,nt mean anything by it.I thanked him and told him that I made it more than it was and that I was quite insecure after reading it.I no that i have quite a bit of work to do on myself.I was willing to put myself in the position where i was judged by many.Once again thanks.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:08 AM

10,219 posts, read 17,986,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
And for the love of god, why do people have to quote OP's over and over, especially long ones?!
So no one mistakes it for a reply to the post immediately above. Why does it bother you? It's not like you have to read it over and over again. Why do you care?

Old 10-17-2009, 04:29 AM

3,665 posts, read 8,689,737 times
You are going to lose your girlfriend.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:38 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,951,997 times
dude, you have no business talking to this guy.

you go behind your girlfriend's back, find something, and then hysterically overreact ??

way to go !!

wonder what that guy thinks of you now ?

wonder how safe he thinks his friend (your g/f) is being with you ?
wonder how much word will spread among their social group now about what a control freak you are ?

wonder how long before she realises herself and kicks your sorry ass to the curb ?
wonder if she'll realise before you get to the posessive jealous stage, and then wind up following her about to make sure she doesn't talk to a man ?
wonder how long before you hit her "just once, and i'm real sorry babe" when she seems to be flirting with the guy in the bar ?

congratulations.

you just took the first major step to being dumped.
i hope ignorance works out ok for you.

you have a major problem my friend. get help before it gets worse.

Quote:
Well thanks to everyone who replied.you all seem to mean well.Sorry about my grammar and improper puntuation to those of you who have a problem with it.I understand I have a problem with trust, insecurity,and i,m sure you all are so well rounded.I have spoken with the guy and He called me appologized said it was a forwarded joke and did,nt mean anything by it.I thanked him and told him that I made it more than it was and that I was quite insecure after reading it.I no that i have quite a bit of work to do on myself.I was willing to put myself in the position where i was judged by many.Once again thanks.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:41 AM

4,574 posts, read 9,191,150 times
Dump the chick. Shes getting perverted texts from other males. You had every right to act the way you did. Some dude sending some crap like that to your girl? And now you've let what little you had (a head on your shoulders) get taken from you. I don't know how you let yourself think that it is you that have the issue but it is not. You are not getting sexual texts from other women, it is the other way around. You will only regret looking like a fool later on. Find a classy girl and move on.Notice how your girl had a "friend" ready to 'step in' after you guys 'broke up'. Yea women do that. Its called shopping around. You are getting played.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:57 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,951,997 times
some folk need to get out more !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships