Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 05:00 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,769 times

Advertisements

If my wife found sexual messages from some one else on my phone I would come home to my bags packed and on the front door and vice versa. You set boundaries early on. It amazes me how many people really are not capable of having serious relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 05:24 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
If my wife found sexual messages from some one else on my phone I would come home to my bags packed and on the front door and vice versa. You set boundaries early on. It amazes me how many people really are not capable of having serious relationships.

A tad bit over reactive when this person could be on a mass email or text list for hokey, jokey stuff people send out and not have current one on one contact with this person at all. Geesh, bring it down a notch. I don't like being on these 'send this to ten people' mass email lists either and just blow off most of them. As an adult, particularly with a guy who has admitted they have broken up off and on every week or month (so they are barely in a relationship let alone married), I'd take more offense to him making a phone call to this person on my behalf when told not to and would have packed his bags and set them at the curb - for good. I mean grow up if you are going to have a relationship - doesn't sound like one or a healthy one with or without the text messages.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:49 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,869,223 times
Quote:
So you've never told a sex joke to a group of people? Or been there when someone else told a sex joke to a group of people?

My UNCLE just recently sent me a mass joke email which made the reader think it was about sex when it was really about the flu. It dosn't mean anything! It's pretty sad if you would leave your wife over something she can't control and means nothing.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:45 AM

Trust me, the signs are there. The fact that she talks to her male "friend" about how their relationship is going. How she does not want to tell him that she is back together with him. The fact that she says excuses like "hes busy". The game playing when he tries to confront the guy. The OP is getting played for sure

Old 10-17-2009, 08:24 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ep4shrt View Post
Well thanks to everyone who replied.you all seem to mean well.Sorry about my grammar and improper puntuation to those of you who have a problem with it.I understand I have a problem with trust, insecurity,and i,m sure you all are so well rounded.I have spoken with the guy and He called me appologized said it was a forwarded joke and did,nt mean anything by it.I thanked him and told him that I made it more than it was and that I was quite insecure after reading it.I no that i have quite a bit of work to do on myself.I was willing to put myself in the position where i was judged by many.Once again thanks.
WOW! Just plain wow.

You sound just like my wife. I sometimes feel bad for some of the things I say about her on here but you....YOU! Holy crap! You do what she does in thinking you can control everything that a person does. That is completely insane Dude.

You let other people decide what is offensive or not. If you were to sit down and watch a movie with a group of friends and it offends you then you need to leave the room. Instead you feel you can make EVERYONE turn the movie off cause it offends you and only you. Get over yourself.

Oh, by the way...she will dump you just like I have the curb waiting for my wife when my boy moves out. People can't and shouldn't have to live like that. Control yourself.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:29 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:

You set the boundaries? Sounds like she set the boundaries.

First of all, if my wife found sexual messages from someone else on my phone she would get an earfull for even being on my phone. Second, I would tell her to pack her bags if she don't like it. I am the joke man and if you were to read into something sent by someone you wouldn't understand anyways.

Dang Dude. Be the man in the family. A capable relationship is not..NOT what you described.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:19 PM

3 posts, read 10,911 times
Well Norcal dude you are the only person who seems to understand where i was coming from when i posted this.My girlfriend looked over my shoulder got the the name of this forum and now has read and seen all of this thread.So needless to say anymore posting on this matter will not be private.I am not trying to keep any secrets from her and i knew by posting I was opening myself up to extreme critizism.I have had to look at my insecurity,mistrust,emotional immaturity,and control issues.Once again thankyou to everyone that took the time to respond.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
You set the boundaries? Sounds like she set the boundaries
No I am the man of house. Father makes the decisions, the mother runs the show. That's how it goes around my neck of the woods.

A woman in a relationship getting sexual messages from another party is simply not appropriate. Reading these posts makes me so glad I listened to my mother and married catholic.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:12 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,630 times
Wow.

I've gotten that CHAIN TEXT before. I repeat, CHAIN TEXT. It's just a joke. I agree full-heartedly with everyone who said you are overreacting. God forbid she have a male friend. What are you going to do then? Throw a raw chicken in his kitchen? Boil his bunny?

Old 10-17-2009, 06:13 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,630 times
Quote:
No I am the man of house. Father makes the decisions, the mother runs the show. That's how it goes around my neck of the woods.

A woman in a relationship getting sexual messages from another party is simply not appropriate. Reading these posts makes me so glad I listened to my mother and married catholic.

Father makes the decisions? Well, what if the mother wants a say in the decision? Don't tell me you're one of those guys who believe that men are the only sex capable of making solid, sound decisions?

And please, that chain text is NOT a sexual message. It's just a dirty joke that was not individualized for the recipient in any manner or form. L
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships