Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 08:59 PM

52,245 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Didn't read all the posts, but got the general idea. I think I would have a hard time if the hubster was into hardcore rap, or most rap for that matter. I take the mick out of him 'cause he loves his bubble gum rock! Thankfully he's ok with my choice of Hellyeah, BLS, Motorhead. etc.

BTW... we both love Polka on the Sunday morning radio!
Love the Black Label, and Lemmy's nasty ass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 11:13 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
But if you think that a woman's only value is her vagina , then it really wouldn't benefit her to actually like the music you do anyways.
You obviously don't get it, and that's why you're a perfect example of someone's only value being their vagina.

1. No one is asking her to LIKE THE DAMN MUSIC. It's just really stupid and low that she doesn't respect that he has his own taste in music and as long as he doesn't push it on her then there is nothing wrong with it. She's the one with a problem.

2. Men have different physical needs than women that obviously women like yourself don't understand (again, my reason for guessing you're the type to hold out on sex as leverage in a relationship). Therefore we're willing and able to have sex with a girl whose personality we dislike simply for the satisfaction of our physical needs. Once those needs have been satisfied, we are able to move on.

Hopefully you learned something today.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:51 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
So you describe yourself as petty then.
I'd be pretty enraged if you broke up with me over a movie ha ha. But seriously, I would probably be able to find better.
Oh yeah..I used to be a petty, arrogant jerk in my youthful womanizing days. I remember one time I took a girl straight home because, during our first drink we were having right after I picked her up at her house, she advised me that she did not "put out on the first date." So I just honestly told her that was a dealbreaker, so to speak and therefore couldn't afford to waste any further time with her; I had to get to the clubs pronto so i could get layed.
Ahh, the arrogance of youth! Of course, back then, I was a young, handsome, ballplayer and--at the risk of sounding conceited--really could get any woman I wanted.
I swear, y'all: sometimes I think back on the stuff I used to do wand it makes me cringe! LOL. (But in a good way).

Old 10-23-2009, 04:47 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
You obviously don't get it, and that's why you're a perfect example of someone's only value being their vagina.
Excuse me??? My vagina does have value, but it would have NO value to you since I would never have sex with a pig .

Quote:
1. No one is asking her to LIKE THE DAMN MUSIC. It's just really stupid and low that she doesn't respect that he has his own taste in music and as long as he doesn't push it on her then there is nothing wrong with it. She's the one with a problem.
She is the one with a problem, but that doesn't mean she should be forced to date anybody she doesn't like.

Quote:
2. Men have different physical needs than women that obviously women like yourself don't understand (again, my reason for guessing you're the type to hold out on sex as leverage in a relationship). Therefore we're willing and able to have sex with a girl whose personality we dislike simply for the satisfaction of our physical needs. Once those needs have been satisfied, we are able to move on.
First of all, I don't know where you assume to know that I would hold out on sex as leverage. Here's a hint: Stick to what you do know instead of making generalizations. Second of all, you are speaking for all men, and that is incorrect. You are also speaking for all women assuming that a woman can't just have sex with a guy just because she lusts him. Women do that all the time and there is mutual agreement. Nevertheless, a guy who thinks that a woman's only value is her vagina, isn't much of a bargain, if you ask me. Since a woman is composed of many wonderful qualities that a man like you could never even imagine. If you have needs like everybody else, then its okay to also like the person, but you don't seem to care about the person as a whole . You are stuck in your viewpoint that women who don't like the music that you do must be brainless. Or women who don't think like you, must be brainless. Let me assure you, that is just a fantasy because if you see women as lacking brains, then you won't have to feel guilty for using her. But of course, you are. Using her, that is.

Quote:
Hopefully you learned something today.
I learned you are in deep denial over your own actions and the effect of such actions. You would rather cover up your misdeeds with excuses, than to actually get a real relationship where a woman will have sex with you because she likes you, not the lies you spew. Yes, I learned that, thanks teacher.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:58 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
So you look back on your arrogant and selfish ways and feel good about it. Hmm okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Oh yeah..I used to be a petty, arrogant jerk in my youthful womanizing days. I remember one time I took a girl straight home because, during our first drink we were having right after I picked her up at her house, she advised me that she did not "put out on the first date." So I just honestly told her that was a dealbreaker, so to speak and therefore couldn't afford to waste any further time with her; I had to get to the clubs pronto so i could get layed.
Ahh, the arrogance of youth! Of course, back then, I was a young, handsome, ballplayer and--at the risk of sounding conceited--really could get any woman I wanted.
I swear, y'all: sometimes I think back on the stuff I used to do wand it makes me cringe! LOL. (But in a good way).

Old 10-23-2009, 10:25 PM

543 posts, read 999,692 times
I'm a metal head...married to another metal head. We are crazy about each other, and we head bang together, go to concerts together and play bad guitar together.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:35 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
I like 80's and 90's rock, like Bon Jovi, Scorpions, White Snake, Cinderella, Guns and Roses, Aerosmith, Queensryche (Jet City Woman), Crocus, Grandfunk Railroad, Billy Idol, AC~DC, Skid Row (used to love the song "Youth gone wild"), Tom Petty, Def Leppard (Love Bites). These bands were what I loved when I was a teenager. Nowadays, I don't listen to too much rock . I do like bands such as Nickelback ,Framing Hanley, Staind, Puddle of Mudd, and Coldplay among others. I also like other music, not just rock and to me music is personal and not a reason I would use to not date someone. Unless they wanted me to go to their grunge concerts while I would rather do something else.

Last edited by temptation001; 10-24-2009 at 01:05 AM..

Old 10-24-2009, 10:39 AM

20,717 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Romeo and Juliet from Prokofiev or "You Know What You Are" from Ministry and anything in between.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:30 PM

543 posts, read 999,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconer84 View Post
The sad thing is that most people who don't listen to metal don't even really know what metal is. There are tens of thousands of great bands out there that many people would love if they just had the opportunity to hear them.

People are just too close-minded these days. They hear the term heavy metal and believe it carries some negative connotation when the fact is that it is without a doubt the most diverse musical genre with the most talented musicians in the world.

Metal has produced some of the most beautiful, heartfelt, emotionally honest music I have ever heard in my life, but people assume that the genre is all about dressing up in scary costumes and growling.

That is so far from the truth. Listen if you don't believe me...

Savatage - Believe

YouTube - Believe

Kamelot - Abandoned

YouTube - Kamelot "Abandoned"

Opeth - To Bid You Farwell

YouTube - Opeth - To Bid You Farewell

Falconer - En Kungens Man

YouTube - En Kungens Man by Falconer (Lyrics)
Please, listen to real heavy metal!!!!!!!

There's nothing like
Black Sabbath (Ozzy's years) and Metallica from 1983-1991.

Now that's metal!

Old 10-25-2009, 06:56 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Have you heard the song called Iron Man? It's pretty funny dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay26 View Post
Please, listen to real heavy metal!!!!!!!

There's nothing like
Black Sabbath (Ozzy's years)
and Metallica from 1983-1991.

Now that's metal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships