Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 11:24 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,150,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Let me guess. You are a huge "Cranberries" fan.
I like them but I don't consider them alt-rock. They were mainstream at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 06:54 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,742,740 times
My husband found this last night, and I thought of you people. This cracks me up.

Heads up: if you don't like metal, you will probably hate this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxUZUn

Old 10-21-2009, 07:57 AM

3,440 posts, read 8,046,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Oh please. Didn't you say earlier that you thought metal was for bad people or something to that tone?
If you go back a re-read my posts, I said some rock bands are ok and metallica was one of my fav. As far as other types of rock, there are certain styles that I avoid because they often involve WAY to much death and darkness.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:37 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,150,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
If you go back a re-read my posts, I said some rock bands are ok and metallica was one of my fav. As far as other types of rock, there are certain styles that I avoid because they often involve WAY to much death and darkness.
I didn't know you liked hard rock/metal

Old 10-21-2009, 10:40 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,168,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrian12 View Post
so i met this woman a couple weeks ago and we got to chatting
nice looking , cool ,bla bla bla
so we got on the subject of music and i said i like heavy metal and just about any other music too
she said heavy metal. yuk and that was pretty much the end of the conversation

and this has happend to me before

now what is funny is i was seeing a disco band (which is a really good band)

i suppose people have a stereotype about metal heads

well guess what
i have a job, short hair, shave every day, not a drunk, not a druggie, or a wife beater

it would be like saying that if you like dance music than you are a club skank, or if you like rap you are a crackhead shooting people, or if you like country than you drive a primered pick up truck and live on a farm, or if you like elton john than you are gay

it is a shame someone will judge you cause of the music you like

i have no problem with any one listning to any kind of music
even if i dont like it i dont judge people on their music
I am exactly like you and I have this exact same problem. The answer: don't tell them until deeper in the relationship. Say you like a lot of types of music or just say you like rock. You don't have to tell them what type of rock (heavy metal is rock). I just don't bring it up anymore, because it prevented me from getting another date. It's a flag for women, I don't know why, but it is, just don't bring it up.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:28 AM

911 posts, read 2,377,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I am exactly like you and I have this exact same problem. The answer: don't tell them until deeper in the relationship. Say you like a lot of types of music or just say you like rock. You don't have to tell them what type of rock (heavy metal is rock). I just don't bring it up anymore, because it prevented me from getting another date. It's a flag for women, I don't know why, but it is, just don't bring it up.

very good advice
but...
id rather know now that these people have a problem with my music than after a while when i really like the person.

and if they should ever come to my place they are gonna see my cd collection and be like WTF.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:30 AM

911 posts, read 2,377,122 times
but next time anyone asks ill tell them i like rock and everything else. and ill see if that works

who knows maybe they will get to know me and wont have a problem when i break out a slayer cd

Old 10-21-2009, 11:44 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,168,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrian12 View Post
but next time anyone asks ill tell them i like rock and everything else. and ill see if that works

who knows maybe they will get to know me and wont have a problem when i break out a slayer cd
Exactly. The other way I justify it as well is let's say a girl is low enough/stupid enough to hold our heavy metal desires against us as a personality flaw. Well when you bring her home, make sure lights are off and get the best of her that night. Then if it's a problem in the morning when she sees your lamb of god poster on the wall, then you can laugh because you got the only thing of value from her before she could walk away.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:19 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,983,629 times
Rammstein lyrics don't involve death and darkness anymore than metallica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post

Old 10-21-2009, 05:03 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,449,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Exactly. The other way I justify it as well is let's say a girl is low enough/stupid enough to hold our heavy metal desires against us as a personality flaw. Well when you bring her home, make sure lights are off and get the best of her that night. Then if it's a problem in the morning when she sees your lamb of god poster on the wall, then you can laugh because you got the only thing of value from her before she could walk away.
What a disgusting post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships