Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 03:36 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

all of them, from time to time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 03:38 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Yeh...I usually think about everyone I came across in my life at some point. I don't have feelings for anyone that was an ex when I think of them. I just wonder what they are doing.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:39 PM

240 posts, read 437,292 times
I'm the one that got away and whew they are calling trying to get me back

Old 10-20-2009, 04:41 PM

612 posts, read 1,843,607 times
When I run into some girls that I liked in high school, it triggers some emotions. Knowing that I could have had a chance with them if I was as courageous as am I today. But the past is the past and that opportunity is gone. Take it like a man and move on!

Old 10-20-2009, 06:39 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,576,070 times
I think about an ex a little more than I should, yes. I've looked at profile and friends list, but didn't have the audacity to try to contact him.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:37 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
I think about an ex-boyfriend, probably much more than I should.

I think because I still don't have anyone serious in my life, I tend to "idealize" the relationship with my ex-bf and remember the good things about him, rather than how incompatible we were.

At least I've stopped thinking about my ex-fiance the way I used to. He still pops into my dreams at night sometimes though - and I have no idea how to stop that.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i do i do, but then i wake up alone ----and happy.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Do you, despite if you are single, married, ect, still occasionally think about one of your ex-girlfriends/boyfriends? How long has it been since that relationship ended? Why do you think that you still think of them,was it good physical chemistry, "the one that got away", a great friend? With the advent of so many networking sites(Facebook, Twitter, MySpace), would you ever try to contact that person again?
Ha!....My ex did contact me...and wanted to take me out to lunch..only to tell me, that he was engaged! WTF! I said I was happy for him and at least he found the right person. That night I ate a half gallon of icecream...gawd....

Old 10-20-2009, 10:47 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Do you, despite if you are single, married, ect, still occasionally think about one of your ex-girlfriends/boyfriends? How long has it been since that relationship ended? Why do you think that you still think of them,was it good physical chemistry, "the one that got away", a great friend? With the advent of so many networking sites(Facebook, Twitter, MySpace), would you ever try to contact that person again?
Interesting question, I'm curious to read all of the responses..

As for myself, I do think about my ex wife a bit, but we are still close friends. It's been six years since we divorced, but everything happened so smoothly that it wasn't a big deal at all. As to the reason I still think of her? There's a lot of things, so I can't pin anything exactly - she's just really a good friend, and will never be anything more than that. We went through a lot together - from my long hospital stays and countless dr. appointments to her being diagnosed as being Bi-Polar - things like that will bring anyone together. Still, looking back, I don't really consider the time that we were married as being "married" - was more like good friends living together.

As for ex girlfriends, I can't say that I think about them a lot. I do have one on facebook that I occasionally talk to, but it's more of a passing thing. She contacted me, I just went with it. Nice girl and all, but as one grows older, things change. The only time I ever think of any ex's is when a certain song comes on, or I catch a certain scent.. I just kinda smile, shake my head, and laugh at all the crazy things that I've done.

Good times..

Old 10-20-2009, 10:50 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Every now and then I do but not often enough for me to worry about it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships