Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:11 AM

28,966 posts, read 30,320,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
If she was all that perfect,she wouldn't have slept with a guy only capable of the level you say you were at.
Totally agree adding...
she probably would not slap you across the face, but by now, realized, that you were both young and immature...at the time...not now cat...not now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 08:23 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,762,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
Who doesn't ??
Let sleeping dogs lie, be in the now, not the past-nobody lives there anymore.
The past and one's feelings and experiences in the past define one's future. Burying and ignoring might be good for some but not for most.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:42 AM

865 posts, read 2,433,658 times
Yes...and now 16 yrs later we have reconnected, and it is even more intense than it was back then. Too bad we were too young and stupid to realize what we had at the time. Now everything is complicated.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:52 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,549,687 times
I sometimes miss an ex-boyfriend I broke up with about a year months ago. He was extremely nice but left me without so much of a goodbye. No closure. Nothing. So because of this I would never try to contact him but he will always have a special place in my heart.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,150 times
We were together for about 1 year. It was about 10 years ago. I was very ****ed up back then (alcohol, weed, unhealthy habits, no direction, immature, dependent,...). We did not have a good relationship. I was abusive, always trying to bring him down. We separated. I've been single since then working hard to be a better person and have an interesting career. I know we'll never be together again. I'm not sad it was an experience. One which had an important impact on my life. Sometimes I google his name just to see his lovely face.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:33 PM

542 posts, read 1,100,229 times
I still dream about all of my exes. I don't know why. Maybe it's because i'm single? Anyway, i dream about one ex in particular waaay too much. He's my last ex, and whenever i dream of him, i'm always sooo happy to be with him and i always wake up feeling angry at myself for feeling that way in my dream, when i don't want to go there again.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:17 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,594,108 times
Yup. Once in a hike something triggers it. Sometimes its a person ho looks like her sometimes the perfume. I don't know if she was the one that go away. More like destined to fail. I'm happily married but once in a while there is a what would of been if?

Old 02-21-2016, 08:24 AM

1 posts, read 706 times
I find myself going long periods of time not to thinking much about an ex and then all of a sudden it's like a wall that I built up is starting to crumble and my mind wanders over the ruins more and more frequently. I sit here now wondering if I should contact him and just have a slight catch up but a part of me knows it's really not worth it. I've moved on he's moved on its just a shame that someone who was once such a big part of my life is now no where to be seen in it. He's certainly not the one who got away and I wouldn't wish to get back together with him. I think it's more this need to be remembered that I seem to have... A need to be wanted. Petty really... But it's true. We were engaged and living together, for 4 years. We have been apart almost 3 years ago. He's contacted me in the past nothing in particular just chit chat and maybe try and brag abit about his life.. It hasn't bothered me in the slightest. I guess I do miss him or atleast I miss certain parts of him... But I would never consider being with him ever again.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:43 AM

65 posts, read 55,810 times
Think about them? Yep. Wish they were back in my life? Good God, NO.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:52 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,485,340 times
Old thread, but I'll play. I think anyone who reads the Relationships forum can't avoid it, as we all draw upon our experiences with exes to talk here.

Otherwise, meh, they pop into my head now and then, sometimes pleasantly, sometimes unpleasantly, but they usually pop right back out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships