Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 05:43 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Ma'am, with all due respect, could it be that you are just paranoid and hypersensitive?
She's probably not paranoid, but I bet she is hypersensitive about it. Black chick with racial issues, probably one of those who refuse to date men of her own race (like many Asian women) but its okay.

Thing about people who post here, you create sort of a "Personality Profile" by all your posts and thread topics in your history. From her "where to find a guy like John Lennon" and "I like Jewish guys" to "People stare at me and my Italian boyfriend" all just says she definitely has issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
The white men you are talking about are probably just nice.

Black women are envious of you girl!! They want what you got!

White women and black men are also envious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
I've noticed that certain people stare in different ways

White women/black men look in a more glaringly type of way
black women look astonished
White men smile and try to start up conversations with us

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
It's one of these.

1. They are racist and don't approve of your relationship
2. They are checking you out
3. They are checking him out
4. You are imagining it

Without being able to go inside their heads, who knows?

/thread.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:44 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
cuz 75% percent of people are closet rascist!
and 25% are paranoid and schizophrenic. My guess is that one or both are just hot.

I'd stare cause I'm jealous

I took my GF who is Latino but so dark she looks black with me back to the sticks of the midwest and we got the stare. I could care less but the GF was bothered. I just told here they wish they could have you but you are taken. The main thing is to not let it bother you.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:45 PM

We don't know that she has issues that are any of your business.

I used to live in two cities where I got discriminated against. And dirty looks was a part of it. I moved to another city and have been there for a few years and have never been given dirty looks other than on a rare blue moon occasion. The acceptance and kindness I receive is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

Thing about people who post here, you create sort of a "Personality Profile" by all your posts and thread topics in your history. From her "where to find a guy like John Lennon" and "I like Jewish guys" to "People stare at me and my Italian boyfriend" all just says she definitely has issues.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:46 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
We don't know that she has issues that are any of your business.

I used to live in two cities where I got discriminated against. And dirty looks was a part of it. I moved to another city and have been there for a few years and have never been given dirty looks other than on a rare blue moon occasion. The acceptance and kindness I receive is amazing.
What minority are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 10-26-2009, 05:46 PM

A part of it is envy. That is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
and 25% are paranoid and schizophrenic. My guess is that one or both are just hot.

I'd stare cause I'm jealous

I took my GF who is Latino but so dark she looks black with me back to the sticks of the midwest and we got the stare. I could care less but the GF was bothered. I just told here they wish they could have you but you are taken. The main thing is to not let it bother you.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:47 PM

I do mind. And I will not answer your question. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
What minority are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 10-26-2009, 05:48 PM

548 posts, read 1,251,966 times
I have to bring my bf with me everywhere because I get harassed on the streets, we live in Jamaica, queens now but are trying to move.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:49 PM

How could she be imagining it? If people are staring. They are making facial contact and eye contact with her or him. That is observable. You observe that with your eyes. It's direct observation.

If it was an imagination she would have to be schizophrenic. LOL!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
It's one of these.

4. You are imagining it[/b]

Without being able to go inside their heads, who knows?

/thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships