Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 08:14 PM

63 posts, read 246,320 times

Advertisements

So my parents are usually the ones to buy food at the super market, but my mom wasn't feeling good today so she gave me a list of items to buy at the super market.

I haven't shopped at the super market in God-knows-how-long, but I went today, and I was stunned as to how many gorgeous women there are just idly shopping around; like the kind of girls you expect to find at high end, trendy nightclubs.

I looked around and thought to myself, "damn, so this is where they all go during the daytime."

I wanted to talk to a few of them, but I couldn't bring myself to. I thought the supermarket would be a good place to meet girls, since there's no chance of them thinking you're just some other sleazy guy at a nightclub.

But at the same time, I was worried they would think, "wow, who does this guy think he is? Is he seriously trying to pick me up in a supermarket?"

So what can I do? Is there way I can effectively meet these women?

PS, and please don't give me the "just say hi" routine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 08:20 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,858,437 times
Default Seems Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurian View Post
How do you meet girls at the SUPER MARKET?

Next time get TVandSportsGuy to tag along. Tell him he needs snacks for tonight's game.

You'll look good in comparison. Everything in life is relative.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:23 PM

63 posts, read 246,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Next time get TVandSportsGuy to tag along. Tell him he needs snacks for tonight's game.

I have no idea what you're talking about or getting at ... ... ...

Old 11-09-2009, 09:04 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,331,150 times
lots of places like the supermarket and the laundromat, library, the park are great for meeting people......why would you only be able to meet people at bars and nightclubs?
just strike up a conversation about 'those mellons' ...

Old 11-09-2009, 09:23 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,664,563 times
Another great social place is Starbucks. Some, moreso than others. Depends on the lo-cal.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:25 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
So my parents are usually the ones to buy food at the super market, but my mom wasn't feeling good today so she gave me a list of items to buy at the super market.

I haven't shopped at the super market in God-knows-how-long, but I went today, and I was stunned as to how many gorgeous women there are just idly shopping around; like the kind of girls you expect to find at high end, trendy nightclubs.

I looked around and thought to myself, "damn, so this is where they all go during the daytime."

I wanted to talk to a few of them, but I couldn't bring myself to. I thought the supermarket would be a good place to meet girls, since there's no chance of them thinking you're just some other sleazy guy at a nightclub.

But at the same time, I was worried they would think, "wow, who does this guy think he is? Is he seriously trying to pick me up in a supermarket?"

Hi Centurian,

That's basically cold calling. Since women are there to shop, there will be a lower ratio of available women. Also its only a single contact and some women just cannot be approached by just a single contact. So expect a low success ratio and get some thick skin if you want to try it.
Then its just a matter of getting her attention and catching her looking. If she looks like her dog died, probably save it.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post

Omg I am sooo laughing outloud!!!!

Old 11-09-2009, 09:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
I have no idea what you're talking about or getting at ... ... ...
See the Search word in the blue bar above..type Tvandsportsguy and tell him"I'm told I am like you?"

Old 11-09-2009, 09:53 PM

687 posts, read 2,129,141 times
One time at band camp?... oops, wrong thread!

Seriously, humor is an effective conversation starter. One time I was bent over the watermelons at the grocery store, using my patented knocking technique to find the sweetest one, when I heard a voice say, "Give it up sweetie. There's no one in there!" Everyone around me burst out laughing, including me He was a lovely older man. We had a nice chat.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:59 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Ram the cart gently into her bum and say sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships