Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 09:52 PM

63 posts, read 246,225 times

Advertisements

Seriously, I'm tired of sifting through all the hostile and useless garbage. It's ridiculous how out of hand this is getting. I just want to come clean, start from the beginning, and let you all no that I'm not going to change my mind about what I want to do.

I'm 22 years old. I've only had 2 girlfriends my whole life and I've been single for a year. I've been getting down because I feel like I've missed out on so much of my youth. While most guys were my age were going out and meeting people and having fun and meeting lots of girls, I was stuck with either only one or none.

I decided that I want to spend my last 1 or 2 years in college doing what other guys have been doing; meeting girls and having fun.

If it seems like I only want to "use women for sex," how do you know those very girls don't want to "use ME for sex" either?

If it seems "shallow" and "superficial" to "look at women as sex objects," well, what else am I supposed to do? When I see a girl I don't know, I may think she's very beautiful, but that's it; I don't know anything about her. I don't know what her personality is like or what she likes to do in her free time or even her name.

Until a guy really gets to know a girl, all she really is to him is an image; a "sex object." Why do you think it's impossible that I can grow to like and respect her once I really get to know her?

All I know is, I want to know how to get to know girls in college.

Like I said, I work and study, so I really don't have time for school clubs (and like I said, they don't tend to have a really attractive crowd anyway.)

I don't live on campus and commute, so meeting people is significantly harder; that I can't throw parties either (who's going to drive 20 miles to my house to party anyway?)

All my friends are guys and don't go to my school, so I can't meet girls through them either (and they tend to hang out with other guys mostly)

And I'm a mechanical engineering student. There are extremely few girls in my classes and like I said, I'm not particularly attracted to them.

That being said, would someone please tell me how to overcome these obstacles to meet girls at school? How do I approach a group of strangers walking around or sitting down and make myself likable to them?

And once again, please, please stop trying to convince me what I'm doing is wrong. I will not change my mind, so if you're so dead set against what I'm doing, stop wasting my time and the time of the people who are trying to help me out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 10:00 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,670,235 times
Do we really need a 4th thread on this??????????????

I posted some good ideas for you previously and I think others have as well.

I don't think you can see the woods from the trees my friend.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:02 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,853,391 times
Tomorrow is Labor day. Its registration next week and for the next ten days its non stop partying. Where have you been for the past 4 years?

Mid terms are in October. Sober up by then.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:04 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,574,531 times
Hire a hooker already.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:05 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
The civil engineering department is generally juxtaposed to Mechanical. That's how it was in mine, ten years ago, and I bet this is the general norm.

They will teach you

Old 09-06-2009, 10:49 PM

63 posts, read 246,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Do we really need a 4th thread on this??????????????

I posted some good ideas for you previously and I think others have as well.

I don't think you can see the woods from the trees my friend.
I know, but it's buried in so much hostile nonsense and filth that I'm tired of sifting through all of it.

There's 50+ pages and the bulk of it is me defending my wants from the likes of lovesMountains and pitt-transplant saying things like "Oh my God, you're such a disgusting and horrible person to want to be with young college aged girls!" I'm a young college aged guy!

It's ridiculous.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:58 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,078,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurian View Post
I know, but it's buried in so much hostile nonsense and filth that I'm tired of sifting through all of it.

There's 50+ pages and the bulk of it is me defending my wants from the likes of lovesMountains and pitt-transplant saying things like "Oh my God, you're such a disgusting and horrible person to want to be with young college aged girls!" I'm a young college aged guy!

It's ridiculous.
The fact that you are on this forum begging for advice on this is absolutely pathetic. You are a sorry mofo.

Maybe you should try some man booty. Because the ladies obviously aren't feeling you.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:04 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,164,177 times
Just think how scary it must be for a girl to be around a guy she doesn't know. She knows there is practically nothing she could do if you wanted to hurt her.
You think a girl will feel comfortable around you a complete stranger, while you are constantly checking her out? Yes, if you think of girls as only as "sex objects" you will be.
You need to break your obsession of sex. Just talk to them with no expectations, have fun and forget about trying to get laid or finding a girl friend. Learn to enjoy their company without going there.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:15 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,941 times
1. How do we know that girls don't want to use YOU for sex?

Well the answer to this is very obvious, my friend. . . if they wanted to use you for sex, they'd be doing it right now. But as seeing that you're on an internet forum asking US how to meet cute college chicks and convince them to bang bang bang with you. . . something tells me it's just not happening.

2. How do I approach a group of strangers walking around or sitting down and make myself likable to them?

Yeah, this can be taken as creepy. And fake. And contrived. You shouldn't be obsessing over making yourself likable and should instead focus on putting your (key word: YOUR) best foot forward.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:19 PM

358 posts, read 982,727 times
Err... d'you have any friends at school... at all?

Just make friends, man. By making friends you'll meet girls and by meeting girls, you'll eventually meet a girl that is a fit for you.

You gotta stop sounding so desperate, man. Girls aren't gonna be real attracted to that. Plus, it's gonna make you look weird when you've been there for how long and haven't made friends.

Listen, you're sort of in the same situation as me.

I'm 21 and in my last year of college. I commute to campus and work part time. I can count the number of girlfriends I've had on one hand, but it doesn't mean I've missed out on my youth.

Damn dude, you're still young.

Just make friends, man. That's all you gotta do. Things will fall into place and you'll eventually meet a girl. Just know that it may take time, as most things do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships