Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 11:31 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,386,313 times

Advertisements

Honestly, approaching people randomly on campus may not be the best approach. IT can often come across as creepy. It never hurts to try, but I would not get your hopes up to much regarding this approach. I guess if you see someone who you think is attractive who you see often on campus, you could start by saying hi, and then after a couple of times try to stop and have more of a conversation - like hey.. I see you a lot on campus. It would be cool if we could get together sometime after/in between class.

Other than that, if you want to meet more girls, and your current social/life structure does not present opportunities to meet new girls - you simply have to change up your social network. Maybe you are not attracted to the girls in your classes - but they may have cute friends. And maybe if they think you are a nice/cool/fun/friendly/smart guy, they will invite you to social activities and introduce you to some of their friends who you may find attractive.

Are there any guys in your classes you are friendly with? Do they live on campus? Perhaps you could stay and party with them occasionally and crash at their house. Maybe those guys have female friends they can introduce you to.

Honestly, I have no problem with casual sex. I think the problem lies when there are different expectations. I.e. you are just looking for casual hook-ups, and the girls you meet are hoping for a "relationship".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 11:34 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,953 times
Maybe this is why so many college kids are into lame scenes like hipster, emo, hip-hop, etc. etc. It's their ticket to getting laid.

OP, just turn yourself into a punk rocker and get laid by all the cute punk chicks or something. College is a stupid scene, just get stupid with it. YOu sound like you're ready for it.

I think you need to post a picture of yourself so we can give you proper advice.

Post a picture.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:54 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,922 times
Still asking us how to help you talk to girls, huh? Go to a therapist or a counslor.

There are those in college campuses are they? Speaking of what guys say to each other when girls are not around, I bet those girls who do see you go: "Look at that guy over there just hanging around." "I know. He looks creepy. He always hangs around here. He could be anti-social." [add giggles and snickers and talks to some nice guys who are sociable.]

Old 09-07-2009, 01:15 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,021,053 times
I think if you wear a pair of leotards and stuff a salami down your shorts, you'll probably get a few dates. Oh, before I forget, shove the salami down the front, not the back.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:37 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
OH MOTHER OF GOD!!!! ANOTHER THREAD ON THIS! HASN'T IT SUNK IN YET!!!??

The only nonsense are 4 G-D threads you've started taking up real eastate on the board.

You want to know how to pick up chicks...stop being a jacknut, hit yourself in the head with dating book or see professional help!!

There is NO secret list for it and never will be -you, your situation and intentions are a mess, but for god sakes man, pull lyour needy little self together man - the problem is YOU and you and TVSG should get together and form a club.

FOUR THREADS!! - seek professional help!

SOMEONE STOP THE THREADS I WANT TO GET OFF...AHHHH

Old 09-07-2009, 04:32 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,678,383 times
Dear Centurian,

Good morning. I have read all four of your threads on this subject and have kept quiet until now. I agree with you, being a commuter, working part time, majoring in mechanical engineering, etc. limits your ability to meet girls. However, it doesn't make it impossible. The type of girls you are looking for, ie bootie calls, are out there. If you aren't meeting them you need to change up your routines and frequent other places. You might also want to work on your approach because you do not have game.

As a wife and mother, I find your goal, laying as many girls as you can, shallow and short sighted, but that's your choice. Just remember that this course of action will open you up to countless diseases and unintended consequences - like unwanted pregnancies. While you're looking for sex, the girl you hook up with may be looking for a baby, child support, etc. As you know, every person has their own selfish motivations and plans.

I hope someday, when you grow up, you'll realize that having a loving relationship, being honest and empathetic, sharing common interests, and caring more about another person than yourself are the important things in life. Although physical gratification is great, when paired with love and caring it is unbelievable.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:58 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
How to pick up college chicks
YouTube - Maximum Exposure - How to Pick Up College Chicks

Here are a whole list of websites dedicated to nothing but 'how to pick up college chicks'
How to pick up college chicks - Yahoo! Search Results

Old 09-07-2009, 06:25 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,462,559 times
What if you tried thinking of women as people first and tried getting to know them?

Join an organization or a club or two that interests you and take your time. When you meet other people (both men and women) look them in the eye, smile, say hello, and introduce yourself. Ask what they are majoring in or where they are from. Listen and think of something you might have in common and say "really? That's kind of cool, what do you think of..." (fill in blank with whatever common denominator you came up with)? Then it's important to LISTEN to what they say and reply with something that has something to do with what they just said. Make sure you smile a little.

After a few minutes, if you run out of things to say, tell them it was very nice meeting them and repeat their name. Then say "see you later." And then move along.

Do this over and over again building on listening to the other person, thinking of pleasant, inoffensive things to say in return, and remembering what they said. In your spare time do a little research on some of the topics your new acquaintances mentioned (don't cyber stalk) and think of questions and comments about whatever the subject was. Think sports, fashion, movies, nature, music, art, etc. Keep it simple. Remember to smile and use good manners. Even guys appreciate good manners. It shows class.

Eventually you'll make enough friends or friendly acquaintances that you'll meet someone to spend some time with.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:29 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,077,860 times
I told you, join something on campus...

Don't use this commuter excuse to hide behind. Get involved in campus life and meet people who live on campus or in campus housing.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:36 AM

1,639 posts, read 5,101,441 times
I sent you stuff but you apparently ignored it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships