Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 07:12 PM

326 posts, read 470,843 times

Advertisements

also, i am VERY intolerant of cold weather. so intolerant in fact that i actually have to wear a plastic bag over my head and face for temps that are like 20 degrees F and lower.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:19 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,780,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton1 View Post
yes, i am autistic, and with the girl situation, and even with the entire social situation as well, i am VERY LITERALLY like a helpless sailor traped in a capsized ocean liner. (hypothetically named S.S. Illinois) people pass me in the streets, they ignore me or they give me a mean face, practically nobody even likes to talk to me.
Triton, you my son has HFA as well. Remember Autism is a social disorder. And with that meeting the right girl no matter where you live will be a bit more difficult than for the typical guy. But remember the typical guy is not looking for the same things you are.
You are young, do not force yourself on to anyone, it will happen (I am on the spectrum myself) and did not meet the perfect man until I was in my late 20's...but marriage is a lifetime commitment, and I have fun looking, don't take everything so seriously (easier said than done)... and you will be just fine!! BTW stop with the plastic bags...you'll suffocate!!
MBG

Old 05-14-2007, 07:37 PM

[quote=BTW stop with the plastic bags...you'll suffocate!!
MBG[/QUOTE]

in january 2003, i went with a special ed group on a hike through the woods in yorkville, illinois and nearly got frostbite after barely 45 minutes outside. the sun was out and shining full blast and the sky was crystal clear. i had no choice, they made me go out with them. in fact, i actually even felt ice crystals on my face, especially on my nose, cheeks, forehead, and had to hold my face next to a hot furnace vent to thaw myself out. that is basically what kicked me into the habit of wearing a plastic bag in extreme cold weather. don't worry, i won't suffocate; there's always some air coming in through the open end of the bag.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:29 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Triton, what makes you think things are going to be different anywhere else? You take yourself with you wherever you go. Go to Florida if that's what you want, but what if things are the same in Florida? Are you going to hate all the girls there because they are all married or snobby or whatever? Where will you go next? You need to sort all this stuff out within yourself because it's not really anybody elses fault you don't have a girlfriend.

BTW, I consider you lucky!!!

Old 05-14-2007, 09:37 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,734,779 times
Default Come on Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by triton1 View Post
also, i am VERY intolerant of cold weather. so intolerant in fact that i actually have to wear a plastic bag over my head and face for temps that are like 20 degrees F and lower.
Get out of Chicago.

Go to Oil City, Pa. Never gets below 20 F in Oil City. We were told that for months and months. You really need to live in West Palm Beach, FL.

Palm trees and cool babes on every block. No wonder the babes are not impressed with that bag over your head.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:40 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Yeah, that bag on the head thing's probably not workin' for ya when you go to meet some chick's parents. No wonder they want to have you arrested!!! LOL

Old 05-14-2007, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
Get out of Chicago.

Go to Oil City, Pa. Never gets below 20 F in Oil City. We were told that for months and months. You really need to live in West Palm Beach, FL.

Palm trees and cool babes on every block. No wonder the babes are not impressed with that bag over your head.
actually, i am hoping to live in either fort myers or fort lauderdale. apparently, there is a bit too much crime in west palm beach, as well as the northwest side of miami.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:12 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
So is it like a clear plastic bag or is it one of those ugly white grocery bags you can't see through? Your not stumbling and running into things are you? That might get the cops called on you as well. What you need is a gumball globe! Like a plastic space helmet! Or a gold fish bowl.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:43 AM

989 posts, read 3,526,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yeah, that bag on the head thing's probably not workin' for ya when you go to meet some chick's parents. No wonder they want to have you arrested!!! LOL
you took the words right out of my mouth...

Old 05-15-2007, 05:48 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,796,519 times
Something tells me that its not Illinois that's the problem......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships