Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 08:00 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by triton1 View Post
I am afraid my location in Illinois is a problem, because even though i hate winter, i still get quite depressed when the weather warms up because I just know that absolutely no woman within the entire state of illinois, as well as the entire chicago tri state area will ever touch me with a 75 foot pipe. And no, I never wear a bag over my face in warm weather.
Maybe that's the problem! Maybe you should wear a bag over your head - even in warm weather!!!

Old 05-23-2007, 08:25 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Just why do you hate yourself so much triton? Maybe you need to straighten that out and you will get rid of your obvious paranoia. I've read this thread almost clear through, and most of the posters are trying their darndest to lighten you up, and make you laugh, and letting you know that sometimes all you need is a little humor. Everybody has problems. My problem is that I am not 26 years old again like you. The longer you nourish your present outlook on life the harder it will be to change. Your next post should be about your good qualities!! Let us know what they are, And don't tell us you don't have any.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:37 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
Who remembers NAH??????

Does anything "familiar" come through here via Triton1?????

Old 05-23-2007, 09:41 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Who remembers NAH??????

Does anything "familiar" come through here via Triton1?????
I think some people are just lonely for attention. What better place to receive it than on cd

Old 06-06-2007, 04:21 PM

326 posts, read 470,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Just why do you hate yourself so much triton? Maybe you need to straighten that out and you will get rid of your obvious paranoia. I've read this thread almost clear through, and most of the posters are trying their darndest to lighten you up, and make you laugh, and letting you know that sometimes all you need is a little humor. Everybody has problems. My problem is that I am not 26 years old again like you. The longer you nourish your present outlook on life the harder it will be to change. Your next post should be about your good qualities!! Let us know what they are, And don't tell us you don't have any.
basically, I just don't feel welcomed in society anymore and many times, I even feel as if autistic/nerdy men like me just do not belong in the community. Many times, I feel so discriminated against and so totally heartbroken that my life literally feels like a house built on quicksand.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:35 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Do like me. Don't worry for one second what everybody else thinks. You know what you like in life (maybe). So do what you like. Go where you like. Eat what you like. Dress how you like. And quit worrying about other people accepting you or not. Ignore them. It's a big world out there. Grab her by the hips and get you some! Sitting in a corner..whining and crying because nobody likes me...will get you nowhere. Stand up, grow a pair, and go after what ever it is you want.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:48 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,641 times
If there was anything I ever learned in my short life of 22 years, it is this:

Only you can get yourself into and out of a situation. Seize the day and take action. Whining and complaining about everyone else and everything else around you is not going to bring solutions to your problems or any true sympathy in the long run. The longer you sit and complain, the less time you have to truly being enjoying life. Consider today to be day 1. Have a go at it.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:18 PM

292 posts, read 993,777 times
Blue62 quoted this "Your next post should be about your good qualities!! Let us know what they are, And don't tell us you don't have any."

And you responded:
Quote:
basically, I just don't feel welcomed in society anymore and many times, I even feel as if autistic/nerdy men like me just do not belong in the community. Many times, I feel so discriminated against and so totally heartbroken that my life literally feels like a house built on quicksand.
I'm responding: "Your next post should be about your good qualities!! Let us know what they are, And don't tell us you don't have any."

Triton1 elsewhere on this forum I posted about how just a few years ago I thought I was going to have to live my life as a hermit. I think I have an idea of what you are feeling. I found my way in to society I think you can too. Please post up some of your good qualities.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:28 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Dude, you need to snap out of it! If you continue to wallow in self pity and misery, it's nobody's fault but your own! You are the only person in this world who is responsible for your happiness or lack of it. Sure, maybe you have some disabilities, but everybody has something and most people work through those things and have a pretty good grip on life. I don't feel sorry for you. You have some challenges? Okay, work through them the best you can and start making your life better!

Old 06-06-2007, 08:41 PM

326 posts, read 470,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorst View Post
Triton1 elsewhere on this forum I posted about how just a few years ago I thought I was going to have to live my life as a hermit. I think I have an idea of what you are feeling. I found my way in to society I think you can too. Please post up some of your good qualities.
well, I am not a para or quadraplegic, nor am i wheelchair ridden. i do have a few talents, especially fixing small electric appliances, especially antiques (except for heaters). I also tend to do well growing weird plants that no one else would even think of trying to grow due to the apparent difficulty of keeping them alive more than a few days (venus flytraps and pitcher plants, for instance). but still, how can i enjoy myself when practically nobody in the community ever wants to talk to me or hang out with me? how can I be happy when practically every time i nicely say "hi" to someone in the community, I get a mean face, ignored, or even a police threat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships