Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 12:27 PM

6,455 posts, read 9,822,257 times

Advertisements

I think i would tell her something like "God told me I need to move on" and throw it back at her lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 12:34 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
I think she is suffereing from a mental crack and using god as a plug. You are caught in the storm is all. I hope she gets the help she needs and you get thru this yourself. Sorry it's happening to you.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:40 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,344,116 times
Tell her God told you to part ways with her.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:11 PM

748 posts, read 1,314,810 times
God... hmmm... people get influenced easy enough, and depending in your up-bringing God is a very powerfull influence. With that said... this sounds to me like she has no God to speak of but the one she has created in her mind to use as an excuse for her behavior. It sounds to me like she really needs some counceling, and perhaps, if she really wants a God, she could talk to her priest/pastor/rabbi/guru what ever branch she believes in; but she does need councel.

As for you... living with an over religious person is difficult, but you got out, all you can do know is take care of yourself, you have been hurt by this situation and it is your turn to heal.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:56 PM

52,292 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Just because someone has religion, doesn't mean they have integrity or pure motives.
Amen to that!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:53 PM

16 posts, read 32,742 times
Exactly, after reading her message, I fully see what was going on, and pureness, integrity had nothing to do with anything. What's more is that still she won't own up and see things for herself ( god is th only thing making he realize an change), there always needs to be a third party. She won't do muchin terms of our relationship for herself, without mentioning god or whoever.... My words an thoughts never had business there. I don't know how I can trust her anymore, after such a deep manipulative, controlling, and destructive marriage. It never affected her emotionally, mentally, and physically like it did me... Now I finally can see why. This hurts me so much, I don't know my wife, i guess I Never did.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:09 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,317,297 times
Thumbs down Doodoo types

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
I agree.

To the OP, sounds like she's playing Red Light, Green Light with you and God. Sounds as if you catch her doing something in regards to you that is not spiritually fit, she pulls out the Get Out of Hell card immediately and waves it in your face.

Just because someone has religion, doesn't mean they have integrity or pure motives.

I'm sorry.
That is exactly right! I dealt with that deal just last year. With a person who pretended/faked piousness but whose motives were as dirty as doodoo. The only god that person served was the god of self!

Don't get me wrong. I have had the wonderful opportunity of meeting a real saint a time or two. But those folks are rare, and few and far between.

And BTW, they usually don't hold up signs advertising their goodness. Always be suspicious of anyone who does that.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:48 PM

16 posts, read 32,742 times
Yea, I understand that no one is as holy as they claim. Its just getting to be too much, I dont expect everyone to read my other large posts, but hopefully everyone understands that this relationship has eroded in pretty much every aspect ...but with her bringing god into the picture ( AGAIN), that erases any possibility of me bringing that particular subject up...and its beginning to be like that for everything. Once she recieves her revelation, thats about as far as it goes for me, cuz after that, gods in control. But thats just it, we have been on a toxic steady decline and she continues to tell me that god is doing wonders in her life, showing her how to be a wife, where she is lacking, now all of a sudden, all the revealing of her manipulation, lies, control...but thats about as far as it gets, because all of these issues continue to surface, and she can pretty much push them away becuse god is real in her life, and hes doing everything thats needed. So I can never speak up on...well anything in her mind , since we hardly ever agree and well, in her mind, its god.......Im so drained....I dont even know.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:52 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,047,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I think i would tell her something like "God told me I need to move on" and throw it back at her lol
Amen!!!

Josh, I'm sorry to say you have been thoroughly laundered. We are responsible for our own actions. Saying God told me to do XYZ, doesn't make it acceptable.

Old 11-26-2009, 01:03 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,570,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Tell her God told you to part ways with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships