Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 10:42 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I do not care how old he is!!! I care that he lied!!!

Yeah, I get that. Im saying women fib about their age and weight all the time. Men dont usually dump them over it. But if that is the way you feel about it, dump him now and find someone who you are sure will never ever fib, fudge or tell a little white lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 10:52 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
Where did you get that I am insecure?
I didn't. I mentioned that he was insecure. I proposed that this could only be a good thing if you yourself were also insecure.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:12 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Well... I had been seeing this guy for a couple of months now, maybe a bit less... idk.

He said he was 35, I believed him... and turns out he is 39!!! he'll be 40 in March!!! ugh... why lie? specially on something so trivial, something that will sooner or later be discovered? I don't think I mind it much, I am almost 28; a 12 year difference is not that bad...

Now I am dissapointed, and a bit upset... don't know what to do, he is nice, and I enjoy his company, but he lied!!! ugh...

what do you all think? should I cut him a break? should I dump him for being a liar?
How much do you weight?

There's my point.

Cut him a break. He's getting older and more worried about women finding him TOO old.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:14 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Yeah, I get that. Im saying women fib about their age and weight all the time. Men dont usually dump them over it. But if that is the way you feel about it, dump him now and find someone who you are sure will never ever fib, fudge or tell a little white lie.
"Yes Honey....you do look fat in that dress."

"You really gonna wear that dress?"

"That dress shows your pudges."

"Are you gaining weight?"

Yeah. I think a little fib in the right context is o.k.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:18 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,322 times
Are you much younger than him?
Because sometimes, older men are insecure or threatened when they date women who are younger than themselves.

My older brother was in that same situation.

Not to excuse him from the lying part, but maybe you can forgive him & just keep your eyes open.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:30 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Well... I had been seeing this guy for a couple of months now, maybe a bit less... idk.

He said he was 35, I believed him... and turns out he is 39!!! he'll be 40 in March!!! ugh... why lie? specially on something so trivial, something that will sooner or later be discovered? I don't think I mind it much, I am almost 28; a 12 year difference is not that bad...

Now I am dissapointed, and a bit upset... don't know what to do, he is nice, and I enjoy his company, but he lied!!! ugh...

what do you all think? should I cut him a break? should I dump him for being a liar?
Tit for tat. Lie to him that you have only one leg or breast and see what he says

Old 11-30-2009, 11:41 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
I do not care how old he is!!! I care that he lied!!! from the very beginning I was very clear about the one thing that I wanted in a relationship and that is HONESTY!!
You seem to have your mind made up.
If total honesty is what you expect, theres no point to see him in the future.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:59 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
I do not care how old he is!!! I care that he lied!!! from the very beginning I was very clear about the one thing that I wanted in a relationship and that is HONESTY!!
My gf I met on-line and she fudged her age because she got tired of only getting contacts from much older guys. She came clean right on the first date or two so it wasn't a big issue (although I gave her some heat about it so she got the point.) and she since realizes it was a mistake.

If she'd kept it hidden for months or so...then I'd at a minimum taken a break from her and most likely have broken up with her.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:03 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Quote:

Ehh it was only a couple months. I would let this one slide but keep your eye open. Think about turning 39 yourself and then you actually get that "over the hill" label....I think I would probably lie a bit too. Thats just a ewwy label to have on yourself. He probably prizes his youth and that is why he is dating a 28 year old.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:05 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Ehh it was only a couple months. I would let this one slide but keep your eye open. Think about turning 39 yourself and then you actually get that "over the hill" label....I think I would probably lie a bit too. Thats just a ewwy label to have on yourself. He probably prizes his youth and that is why he is dating a 28 year old.
Oh man! I'm turning 40 in February and I can't wait to be over the hill! LOL Wait, what's on the other side of the hill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships