Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

Men have S.R.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 09:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Sperm Retention.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:54 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Sorry to disappoint you but ever since I first join the "menstruation club" in my Teens I suffer no mood swings and am pretty level at all times ! Not all women are slaves to their hormones you know...

Some of us even manage to function quite normally every day of the month without our partners having to worry about PMT and its "effects" . And to buck the so called trend I loathe shopping , do not want children, have no interest in cooking and domestic chores, and do not chat ceaselessly on the phones to my friends...

Go figure...
Thank you for explaining this so well.

Actually, with the advent of newer birth control options, some of us don't have periods AT ALL. It is a well-known side effect of Depo-Provera that monthly cycles will likely cease. Also, using monophasic pills without taking the placebos (the week off or "sugar pills") results in a sort of hormonal stasis - the endometrium never prepares for an ovum, ovulation never occurs, therefore menstruation does not occur. I recommend it for patients with severe PMDD or PMS or for those (like myself) who suffer from hormone-induced migraine headaches.

If I'm being a b!tc4, it's probably because I'm having a bad day, just like everybody else does once in a while. It has nothing to do with my idle ovaries.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:33 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,506 times
Just because you don't feel good doesn't give you the right to act like a sociopath. In the US at least I see women given a pass for their unacceptable behavior because of PMS and whatnot. Strange that overseas the women tend to keep their attitude in check and not act out. And as others in this thread pointed out, males undergo hormone fluctuations just the same and have to deal just like women do. However, they're not given a free pass to act like a brat and thus usually they do not. I think it's because people overseas don't tolerate misbehavior and the women are forced to conduct themselves in a civilized manner. In the US, not so much. In fact the media encourages the misbehavior by deflecting responsiblity (blames it on PMS, hormones, etc) and then chastises anyone for thinking different.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:50 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,993 times
The best days are 3 days before, and 4 days after. The rest, well it's touch and go.

My gf always asks me when she is getting her period, for some reason I always know and she doesn't. I am about as accurate with her period as I am with guessing the grocery bill at the grocery store.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:55 PM

36,537 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Just because you don't feel good doesn't give you the right to act like a sociopath. In the US at least I see women given a pass for their unacceptable behavior because of PMS and whatnot. Strange that overseas the women tend to keep their attitude in check and not act out. And as others in this thread pointed out, males undergo hormone fluctuations just the same and have to deal just like women do. However, they're not given a free pass to act like a brat and thus usually they do not. I think it's because people overseas don't tolerate misbehavior and the women are forced to conduct themselves in a civilized manner. In the US, not so much. In fact the media encourages the misbehavior by deflecting responsiblity (blames it on PMS, hormones, etc) and then chastises anyone for thinking different.
I hope you have taken cover!

I read once where "they" were considering classifying PMS as a legit mental disorder.
For some women it is much more than not feeling good.

In some countries women are forced to stayed locked up during menstration.
It has been my observation that men have a free pass to misbehave. Heard the expression, boys will be boys?

Old 12-04-2009, 12:56 PM

138 posts, read 285,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
I'll be at home watching 2 and a half men

I Love that show !

Old 12-04-2009, 02:04 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,424,911 times
I have exactly two "crazy" days a month. I'm in consolable, depressed, emotional, and I hate the world...then it goes away and I'm back to my normal self. This has been going on for about 2 years now. I blame Aunt Flo.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:14 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Just because you don't feel good doesn't give you the right to act like a sociopath. In the US at least I see women given a pass for their unacceptable behavior because of PMS and whatnot.
Dude, what kind of women are you hanging out with who act like sociopaths?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships