Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you marry a police officer?
Never! The police has a bad reputation! 12 48.00%
Yes. They will protect me. 11 44.00%
I don't know. 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 08:24 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,101 times

Advertisements

I won't say never, but I would have a very difficult time with it. I was interested in a guy friend a good while back until I found out he was up for Army Special Ops training. That killed it for me. I still hear from him occasionally and he wants to give it a try, but I can't imagine what it would be like to wait around while he's deployed - not knowing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 08:27 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,302,537 times
Built-in, free, alarm system

Old 12-05-2009, 08:27 PM

279 posts, read 593,359 times
I would try to avoid marrying a police officer, fireman, military guy, or anyone else in a potentially dangerous profession.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:34 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BangBangShrimp View Post
I would try to avoid marrying a police officer, fireman, military guy, or anyone else in a potentially dangerous profession.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's not the job itself as much as the kind of people these types of jobs attract.
Well, if y'all come across any good looking law enforcement/military guys looking for a serious relationship - send 'em to Texas! I'll be happy to check out your rejects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I would have married one in a heartbeat (I come from a family of law enforcement), plus it was also my intended career field.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:49 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Well, if y'all come across any good looking law enforcement/military guys looking for a serious relationship - send 'em to Texas! I'll be happy to check out your rejects.
Be careful what you wish for, TT... I know you don't look at it this way, but if I were you I'd be counting my blessings I got rid of one!

Old 12-05-2009, 11:46 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ha-ha, sure! If you wanna find domestic violence, first look in the military and law enforcement's marriages!
Military, perhaps.

Police officer.....do you have stats on that? Or just an opinion based on a few anecdotal cases? Anyone with any history of DV is disqualified permanently from being a cop, and one complaint terminates their employment forever and bars them from ever being rehired. Very, very few other professions have that sort of consequnces for DV.

I highly doubt officers would be more driven to do such a thing than people in other careers when they have career ramifications far greater than people in other careers, and anyone with a history of that is not permitted into the profession in the first place.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:53 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,029,815 times
If I can handle what Im handling now with someone thousands of miles away from me...I can handle a cop.

My uncle is a retired cop, and my aunt handled it just fine.
So..yes.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:59 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,647,809 times
Modifying the question for gender...no.

I can't say the personality defects that go along with being a cop appeal to me in any way.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:01 AM

52,233 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Police and firefighers are some of the most noble and honorable people.

Is this actually a thread????????????

Yes, there are some dangers associated with it. That is part of the job.

Same with our military. Whether you agree with the politics or not, these people are out there doing what our country thinks needs to be done.

I wish all of the people that serve the public the best.

Next time I see a young Marine, I'm gonna buy him a couple of drinks.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:06 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,029,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Police and firefighers are some of the most noble and honorable people.

Is this actually a thread????????????

Yes, there are some dangers associated with it. That is part of the job.

Same with our military. Whether you agree with the politics or not, these people are out there doing what our country thinks needs to be done.

I wish all of the people that serve the public the best.

Next time I see a young Marine, I'm gonna buy him a couple of drinks.
*Pokes*

Dont forget Sailors....they're the ones that dont look like bellhops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships