Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 05:42 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,307,654 times

Advertisements

I am 32, I don't consider myself immature or superficial but I don't understand why so many guys go for the cheerleader type of woman.

I have talked to some girls that fit the stereotype and usually they are so DUMB! I can spot them from like miles away, they usually have no personality, they always dress the same way, talk about their dogs, celebrities, some sports team and they are so incredibly SUPERFICIAL. They all sound the same and use the same stupid language like "Oh My God"! Genius!

I can understand wanting a woman like this to have sex but wanting someone like this for a long term relationship, I can't understand it! Maybe two superficial people make the perfect superficial match, the only explanation I can come up with

Last edited by Repubocrat; 12-06-2009 at 05:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 05:47 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am 32, I don't consider myself immature or superficial but I don't understand why so many guys go for the girl next door/cheerleader type of woman.

I have talked to some girls that fit the stereotype and usually they are so DUMB! I can spot them from like miles away, they usually have no personality, they always dress the same way, talk about their dogs, some sports team and they are so incredibly SUPERFICIAL. They all sound the same and use the same stupid language like "Oh My God"! Genius!

I can understand wanting a woman like this to have sex but wanting someone like this for a long term relationship, I can't understand it! Maybe two superficial people make the perfect superficial match, the only explanation I can come up with
I take a girl next door type to mean just a nice down to earth girl, do you take it to mean something else.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:49 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,559,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
I take a girl next door type to mean just a nice down to earth girl, do you take it to mean something else.
Also the way I always understood it.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:56 PM

20,708 posts, read 19,353,439 times
The skirts.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:56 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,307,654 times
Let's not hijack the thread, please. I mean girl next door as in Playboy's Girls Next Door, I have always understood this term as having a sexual connotation, go to Google, type girl next door and look at all the images that come up

Old 12-06-2009, 05:59 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,251 times
Yeah, girl next door means wholesome. The girl you grew up with. Everyday girl. Normal.
[/hijack]Sorry.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:01 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,749 times
I wasn't hijacking the thread. Just trying to understand your question since I had a different definition than you.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:04 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,670,441 times
I think of the girl next door type as being just a nice girl who may not have gotten much attention in her life, but has substance. The cheerleader type you described is a person who has the need to be the center of attention and has been simply due to her looks. I see these two as totally different types of women.

I'd hope my DS ends up with a nice, girl next door type.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:08 PM

20,708 posts, read 19,353,439 times
Quote:
Let's not hijack the thread, please. I mean girl next door as in Playboy's Girls Next Door, I have always understood this term as having a sexual connotation, go to Google, type girl next door and look at all the images that come up
Hi Repubocrat,

You have been reading too much Penthouse forum.
The girl next door means an ordinary girl. It means a girl without the pomp and complications.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:37 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
I am 32, I don't consider myself immature or superficial but I don't understand why so many guys go for the cheerleader type of woman.

I have talked to some girls that fit the stereotype and usually they are so DUMB! I can spot them from like miles away, they usually have no personality, they always dress the same way, talk about their dogs, celebrities, some sports team and they are so incredibly SUPERFICIAL. They all sound the same and use the same stupid language like "Oh My God"! Genius!

I think for the same reason men like the girls that work at Hooters. Cheerleaders smile alot, they are enthusiastic, athletic and fit. Even if they're in a terrible mood, have PMS, when they're cheerleading, they don't act grumpy and sour, they don't act like biitches, they may be that but the cheerleader image isn't that. Their skirts are short but they aren't necessarily slutty same as tennis skirts aren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships