Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 10:26 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,973,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
My theory is you know yourself better than anyone else does so there is no room to pass judgment if you are happy, healthy and not harming anyone else If you think you should stay single I have to assume you know what you are talking about.

Forget folks who say you should be a certain way...let them walk a mile in your moccasins

Definitely...and if you recall, I never said I had any problem being judged, thats to be expected...just letting it be known that the people judging can also be judged.. thats all

I asked why any man would care much about what other men choose to do with their love lives. But again I say, to each their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 10:26 PM

382 posts, read 758,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Really? there are people who think crimes are socially acceptable?..lol Well thats why they are in prison isnt it now? Last time I checked no one has been imprisoned for remaining single. Some people even proudly proclaim to be independent..imagine that.

Everytime I hear someone say that they cant live without someone else holding their hand through life I laugh and call them clingy, attention wh_ores. But to each his own eh?
Those teens that start dating when they're 13 and at 18 are already having marriage style arguments but in the end they can't live without each other? Yeah, sure... Those ones make me sick.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:28 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,245,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Definitely...and if you recall, I never said I had any problem being judged...just that letting it be known that the people judging can also be judged.. thats all

I asked why any man would care much about what other men choose to do with their love lives. But again I say, to each their own.
Wise words Your life and time here is just as precious as the next persons so make the best of it I never understood why people were more interested in others lives and didn't tend to their own gardens...know what I mean?

Old 12-12-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercrazy View Post
Those teens that start dating when they're 13 and at 18 are already having marriage style arguments but in the end they can't live without each other? Yeah, sure... Those ones make me sick.

Yup those..and the ones who at 21 are so in love, yet are competing to see which one can rack up the most extramarital affairs..lol

Old 12-12-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Wise words Your life and time here is just as precious as the next persons so make the best of it I never understood why people were more interested in others lives and didn't tend to their own gardens...know what I mean?
certainly mrstewart..as long as people are happy in their current situation, or dont seek my counsel, they are their own moral arbiter imo.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:54 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,643,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
YES, some people think sex with children is NORMAL I mean, I am basing my opinions on the fact that HUMANS are social beings by nature. Everytime I hear someone say that they would rather be by themselves than interact with others, I find that VERY strange!
I freely admit to being antisocial.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:39 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,722,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I found this sentence interesting. It really should never be about someone else "expecting" you to "adust your life" around them. If the relationship was a good healthy solid one, you'd be adjusting things all on your own, at no one's request, simply because you wanted to.
Chessie's Mom,

you are completely right. that is how I see things. so far that idea has been harder to realize, than it was to theorize.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:31 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,184,667 times
This was a crazy thread to read after the week I've had. All I know is that my husband has been my savior the past week. I should start a tribute thread to him and all excellent mates. When the sh*t hits the fan, going it alone can be tough. Many in this thread make realize how fortunate I am.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:46 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,351,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
This was a crazy thread to read after the week I've had. All I know is that my husband has been my savior the past week. I should start a tribute thread to him and all excellent mates. When the sh*t hits the fan, going it alone can be tough. Many in this thread make realize how fortunate I am.

Hi Brauwyn,

Once again this is why you are a excellent model for modern women. You like your man. I recognized that right away. You always express an impression of feminine capability instead of a phony vocal fry.

The problem nice men face in this post feminist society is in the current electronic hook up culture is the potential severe punishment commitment may bring to a man verse just catting around. Without supporting social structures, the relationship provider man is the one who is left holding the bag(and the over 35 year old woman).

Unfortunately nature has created the cad who likes to sleep around. Women are engineered to want little to do with him when they are not fertile. Woman prefer metro sexual men with feelings. However once women are at their most fertile, they want the masculine testosterone roll in the hay. Then women will be naturally programmed to return to the nice metrosexual fellow. We used to have a social structure that contained this.

So now that the men who cat around can use email, cell phones and other forms of presence he may juggle many women. The most attractive men then hog most of the attractive women. Given the fat epidemic, this pool of attractive woman has shrunk to where these woman are like a fussy princess who have the illusion that there are more of these sexy men than there are. Many women in this category may think she had a few boy friends where in reality she was part of an invisible harem. Access to young women is just so easy for the man who cats around. No angry fathers, brothers or uncles..

So is it any wonder that many men who either cannot or choose not to operate in this way just decide to drop out? Do they want to settle for some 30 year old woman who "enjoyed her freedom" and had several sexual partners which were nothing more than these few men catting around?

Old 12-13-2009, 10:27 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,184,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Brauwyn,

Once again this is why you are a excellent model for modern women. You like your man. I recognized that right away. You always express an impression of feminine capability instead of a phony vocal fry.
I'm in good company. My best friend came out from Indiana to help me get through recent life events. Her dh, like mine, is rock solid. They have a two-year-old and a busy life. He was on the net looking for flights for her before it was even mentioned.

Quote:
The problem nice men face in this post feminist society is in the current electronic hook up culture is the potential severe punishment commitment may bring to a man verse just catting around. Without supporting social structures, the relationship provider man is the one who is left holding the bag(and the over 35 year old woman).

Unfortunately nature has created the cad who likes to sleep around. Women are engineered to want little to do with him when they are not fertile. Woman prefer metro sexual men with feelings. However once women are at their most fertile, they want the masculine testosterone roll in the hay. Then women will be naturally programmed to return to the nice metrosexual fellow. We used to have a social structure that contained this.

So now that the men who cat around can use email, cell phones and other forms of presence he may juggle many women. The most attractive men then hog most of the attractive women. Given the fat epidemic, this pool of attractive woman has shrunk to where these woman are like a fussy princess who have the illusion that there are more of these sexy men than there are. Many women in this category may think she had a few boy friends where in reality she was part of an invisible harem. Access to young women is just so easy for the man who cats around. No angry fathers, brothers or uncles..

So is it any wonder that many men who either cannot or choose not to operate in this way just decide to drop out? Do they want to settle for some 30 year old woman who "enjoyed her freedom" and had several sexual partners which were nothing more than these few men catting around?
After my brother's death it has become all too clear (for me) that inter-personal problems between the sexes, in general, amounts to fluff. I say, enjoy the angst. Distract yourself (general you) as you see fit because reality, constituted by life/death, is dirty business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships