Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 06:28 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,740,663 times

Advertisements

Years ago, my friend and his dad took a trip together, to sit in on the Iran Contra Hearings. One night, while strolling around Washington D.C., his dad was propositioned by a "street walking". While my friend and I found it very amusing, his dad felt quite the contrary. The poor guy was so offended, he called all the way back home, to tell his wife about it. Today, they've been married for over 40 years, and I seriously doubt if he has every cheated on her. True story.

Last edited by Just1Fan; 03-09-2012 at 07:58 PM..

Old 03-09-2012, 06:31 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,403,014 times
I've heard of men who cheat when their spouse, or girlfriend (1) gets fat when they haven't, and/or (2) starts to nag more than usual. That is, if they can get away with it.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 03-09-2012 at 06:41 PM..

Old 03-09-2012, 06:35 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,198,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I've heard of men who cheat when they're spouse, or girlfriend (1) gets fat when they haven't, and/or (2) starts to nag more than usual. That is, if they can get away with it.
Oh please! Oh - and I'm assuming you meant to say "their spouse or girlfriend" and not "they're spouse or girlfriend." Sorry - couldn't resist!

Men cheat. Women cheat. People cheat for all sorts of reasons. Luckily, there are many of both sex that do not cheat.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:36 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,019,285 times
Quote:
I've heard of men who cheat when they're spouse, or girlfriend (1) gets fat when they haven't, and/or (2) starts to nag more than usual. That is, if they can get away with it.

I once heard of a ferret who could yodel. Hand of God, they swore he could YODEL! I heard rumours he could juggle too, but I think that was just a bunch of bandwagon sensationalism.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:44 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,403,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I once heard of a ferret who could yodel. Hand of God, they swore he could YODEL! I heard rumours he could juggle too, but I think that was just a bunch of bandwagon sensationalism.
Considering your rep to post ratio, I am certain you have mastered saying the "right thing"...for this forum, anyway.

My friends complain to me about their spouses' weight ... and roll their eyes or make sarcastic comments about the nagging.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:47 PM

42 posts, read 46,853 times
Out there there is good , honnest and faithful men who doesn't cheat and my man is one of them.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:49 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,398,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
What are your thoughts on whether or not you think that all men cheat?
It just seems like maybe all men cheat at some point in their life.
I'd like to believe that there are actually good men out there who haven't ever cheated, see it 100% wrong to do so and won't go there.
No, not all men cheat. But also, no, there aren't any good men out there

Old 03-09-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Considering your rep to post ratio, I am certain you have mastered saying the "right thing"...for this forum, anyway.

My friends complain to me about their spouses' weight ... and roll their eyes or make sarcastic comments about the nagging.

Mssr. Polyglot, the point there is that what you said regarding having heard of men who will cheat for such mundane reasons is both broad in terms of "this might happen" and confined with regard to progressive thinking on the matter at hand. That kind of list could stretch on infinitely. I heard of a guy who cheated on his wife because her breasts lost some size after nursing their child. I heard of another who beat the first guy up because that guy's wife was Guy 2's sister -- but cheated on his own wife because he preferred redheads.

However, you ARE correct in your assertion, I cannot argue. There are guys (however, read PEOPLE, not only men) who cheat on their spouses after they become physically dissatisfied for whatever reason, be it weight gain, deteriorating looks (wrinkles, graying hair), or familial reasons which are abhorrent in and of themselves, such as "she spends all her time with the children and never gives me any attention."

Oddly, even ironically, the majority of divorces filed in America are filed by women, and one of the chief reasons cited has to do with "feeling unappreciated". Often there is a third party involved.

I suppose that doesn't change anything I said earlier:

Do all WOMEN cheat? There's your answer for whether or not all men cheat.

Sorry you didn't like my joke -- but I did and felt it applied. Oh, well...

Old 03-09-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
No, not all men cheat. But also, no, there aren't any good men out there

I couldn't rep you, must "spread the love"; but this made me chuckle.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:12 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,753,497 times
Quote:

All I can conclude is you have a pathetic bunch of friends. Maybe you should broaden your horizons a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships