Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2009, 07:01 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times

Advertisements

Army general in Iraq issues pregnancy ban - Military- msnbc.com

Even married couples (Yes there are some here) can be court martialed if they choose to procreate. God help you if the rubber slips.... You're now a Dad, with a possible dishonorable discharge, and you've got a baby on the way.

http://www.tac.usace.army.mil/deploymentcenter/tac_docs/GO-1.pdf (broken link)

Sex isn't banned here in totality. Accidents apparently are. Which, would make some people stop having se.... I can't even type that with a straight face. There's a few things that drive your typical male. Getting laid is one of them. Getting pregnant... is sometimes a side effect of the getting laid thing.

How the hell can you threaten legal action against someone for getting pregnant? Or getting someone pregnant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 07:18 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,895,302 times
shouldn't this be in the Military forum?

Old 12-19-2009, 07:56 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
I both think it should be an a different forum AND
I don't think pregancy belongs in Iraq. It is a huge dangerous military operation the logistics of, including personnel, is very complicated. Personally I think that the Army has gone beyond being nice or smart by allowing and in sometimes providing for married members to be together when deployed.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:07 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
My DIL, who retired from the Army, said that many female soldiers got pregnant intentionally to get out of the war.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:09 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for fighting, this is for fun! Remember that.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:10 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
If the Army wants people to have babies they'll issue them!

That being said, having babies has no place in combat operations, can become a logistical and personnel nightmare and quite frankly, should be treated like any other self-inflicted wound that makes the individual unavailable for their usual duties. Furthermore, unless the mothers and fathers are married, the Army shouldn't pay for the birth.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:12 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
If the Army wants people to have babies they'll issue them!

That being said, having babies has no place in combat operations, can become a logistical and personnel nightmare and quite frankly, should be treated like any other self-inflicted wound that makes the individual unavailable for their usual duties. Furthermore, unless the mothers and fathers are married, the Army shouldn't pay for the birth.
What he said^^^^^. BTW, what happened to salt peter?LOL.......

Old 12-19-2009, 08:34 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
A baby is a self inflicted wound? Never thought of it quite like that. Interesting to note that if a female gets pregnant she goes back home, gets 9 months to deliver + 1 year baby time. During that time, someone else has to fill her billet.

I'm curious why some think being told what type of relationship you can have and how far you can take that relationship should be in another forum. Is there a military relationships forum?

Last edited by 70Ford; 12-19-2009 at 08:49 AM..

Old 12-19-2009, 09:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My DIL, who retired from the Army, said that many female soldiers got pregnant intentionally to get out of the war.
That's always the case. They like the money, the free college from the GI bill, even the travel but when it comes time to honor their military committment, they get pregnant and believe they should still receive all the military benefits and pay.

Today there is no excuse - there is such a thing as combining birth control methods, use birth control pills, a diaphram, a condom and the foam, plus avoid sex on fertile days and it would be extremely unlikely for a pregnancy to occur.

The other way - don't sign up for military service if you intend to become pregnant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships