Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 01:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Facebook makes it easier. I mean you can look up just about every person you ever had a relationship w/ and they are only a click away....not me tho, I stay far away from Facebook.
I don't stay away from it at all -- but the only "friends" I have are family members including nieces and nephews, cousins I haven't seen in years.

You have full control over who you look for and who you have as "friends". It's all what you make it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 01:12 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,254,763 times
I still think it was adam that took that apple and then wrote it the other way around.

Old 12-26-2009, 01:14 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I still think it was adam that took that apple and then wrote it the other way around.
LOL! Yes -- could be, but neither one wanted to accept the blame for his or her deliberate actions. In the end they both tried to blame some snake.

Old 12-26-2009, 01:15 PM

Probably because she snuck one in around the same time for pms munchies and did not say anything.

Old 12-26-2009, 01:37 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
per OP
nope-- facebook is the weapon. the cause is the basic need of both spouses is no longer being met. b4 the war called "divorce frenzy", which btw guys are losing. 50 years ago, our grandparents had obligations . they were not perfect , were not 100% compatible, but had obligations and met them. how many do that now? i think not.
You're getting warm.

This is why my stance on marriage and relationships = no interest to me.

Then I've spoken of the consequences that Men face if it doesn't work out (here in the CD relationship threads) from most Men I speak to and from other research venues and I get all types of ridicule from certain posters here, but that's okay if they can't see past my speaking about it from the male side of things verses what they may feel of as me bashing, hatred and the like - their loss really.

I feel that hatred of people is wrong, however I can hate their certain actions - huge difference.

Yes, both genders have their faults and both suffer but by the facts and figures (just google it) that Men lose more times than not in divorce and such.

There's good people that wouldn't "mess" with hurting anyone, but there's also too many of the "bad ones" or ones that change to that realm so in my view I'm not taking any chances.

I'm approachable, pleasant and nice to people as long as they don't try to "double-cross" or use me in a matter of speaking and proceed with caution, just for the females not to expect any type of close relationship with me and that would be communicated by me immediately.

Facebook is one place I'll never be interested in unless I'm possibly under a "XYZ" type alias to play it safe.

Old 12-26-2009, 01:46 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,712,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Facebook makes it easier. I mean you can look up just about every person you ever had a relationship w/ and they are only a click away....not me tho, I stay far away from Facebook.
Sophie, what's your facebook id?

Old 12-26-2009, 02:08 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,541,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
You're getting warm.

This is why my stance on marriage and relationships = no interest to me.

Then I've spoken of the consequences that Men face if it doesn't work out (here in the CD relationship threads) from most Men I speak to and from other research venues and I get all types of ridicule from certain posters here, but that's okay if they can't see past my speaking about it from the male side of things verses what they may feel of as me bashing, hatred and the like - their loss really.
Where is this loss? LOL.

You're kidding yourself, and no one else, if you really believe that what you do is actually considered simply speaking from a male perspective.

Quote:
I feel that hatred of people is wrong, however I can hate their certain actions - huge difference.
I agree with this statement, but the intent behind it is not what you present it to be. You hate their "actions" but you focus on how men are so victimized by "females", not their actions. At no time have I ever seen you stand up for the rights of a woman who actually got screwed over. I don't see you getting all malignant over men who leave their kids with nothing. I don't see you so quick to jump in on a thread that discusses abuse at the hands of a man. The only time you jump in is to agree with someone like Huck or NAR, or to show the other "possibilities" of a situation that goes in favor of a woman or that paints men in a bad light. Being objective doesn't serve the movement.

Quote:
Yes, both genders have their faults and both suffer but by the facts and figures (just google it) that Men lose more times than not in divorce and such.
Post these facts and figures for once, seriously. I personally would love for you and your clan to actually back up what they say, and not just by posting a number, but by being smart enough to acknowledge all the factors and variables that go into the results. It's not enough to say "85% of women get custody" and start picketing without considering that some men are actually not suitable or able to be parents, for example.

Quote:
There's good people that wouldn't "mess" with hurting anyone, but there's also too many of the "bad ones" or ones that change to that realm so in my view I'm not taking any chances.
Your life to spend it as you choose. But the fact that you choose to dismiss the good ones, who are out there in abundance, because you prefer to cling to the negative for the sake of furthering your bitterness speaks volumes. You don't give the rest of the world credit for actually having a brain.

Quote:
I'm approachable, pleasant and nice to people as long as they don't try to "double-cross" me in a matter of speaking and proceed with caution, just for the females not to expect any type of close relationship with me and that would be communicated by me immediately.
Again, your entire focus is on being screwed over. Kudos to you for not engaging "females" in a relationship.

Is there a particular reason you capitalize "Men" while referring to women as "females"? I suppose it is just a grammatical error.

Really, dude. Hate women all you want, it's a free country. But take off that cloak and stand by your convictions. People who don't usually have reason to be ashamed of them.

Last edited by PassTheChocolate; 12-26-2009 at 02:18 PM..

Old 12-26-2009, 02:15 PM

Men lose at divorce because you guys still make more money. Its been shown. Whoever the bacon bringer is shall suffer. So fix that for all of us. I need to go shopping more.

Old 12-26-2009, 02:48 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,176,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Yeh....I knew that thing was trouble. People can't control thier impulses why? Chronically unsatisfied? Immature? Built a life before they LIVED a life? Just too g.d. randy for thier own good?
The internet enables people to connect. That means that people who are lonely or missing something (or someone) are now better able to find one another. Facebook is simply a vehicle, a conduit for people to connect. This has been happening forever; we now have technology now that simply makes connections such easier.

Old 12-26-2009, 03:02 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,997,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
The internet enables people to connect. That means that people who are lonely or missing something (or someone) are now better able to find one another. Facebook is simply a vehicle, a conduit for people to connect. This has been happening forever; we now have technology now that simply makes connections such easier.
Yes, and you can do it from the comfort of your own home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships