Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 05:36 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttz View Post
If Single means not having to deal with the following things:

-Having to explain where you are at, all times of the day
-Have to keep the cell with you at all times so when you are being checked on you answer it
-Have to promptly respond to txt's, emails or phone calls or else #1 will happen
-Have to clear everything with the SO, even if you are going to lunch with co-workers at work! Forget about even hanging out and having a few drinks with co-workers after work!
-Can't have any time consuming hobbies or will take ANY times away from SO (Gym, biking, working on car, etc)
-Can't hang out with friends on the weekend unless SO is with

Then I am glad I am now not in a Relationship! Lets the good times roll!
Non of the above is a relationship. You need a dog collar and leash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 05:53 PM

964 posts, read 3,160,777 times
Whomever said it had to be the holidays to hold hands in the mall? Besides, I usually go there on my own merit. I just get depressed whenever I see couples there holding hands and stuff.

I've been to the Mall of Georgia before. Very nice place btw.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:58 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,036,650 times
Why get depressed??...generally, when ever i see couples in the mall together..i am happy for them..or thank god that i are not in their relationship...(In-the-middle-of-the-mall arguments are classic)..just please don't distract me as i look for more skinny ties..

Old 01-01-2010, 06:42 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,902,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croye22 View Post

I've been to the Mall of Georgia before. Very nice place btw.
I miss it actually, the mall that is. Reminded me of the Trafford Centre in Manchester a little, only better restaurants, IMO.

It doesn't have to be Christmas, but I believe a persons reaction to things like that comes from what you're feeling on the inside. If you'd like to be in a relationship you're either jealous or you get depressed because you don't have that. Or, if you've just come out of a bad relationship, you might be happy you're not having to deal with one right now. I'm actually like that when I see pregnant women. I hated being pregnant.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:13 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttz View Post
If Single means not having to deal with the following things:

-Having to explain where you are at, all times of the day
-Have to keep the cell with you at all times so when you are being checked on you answer it
-Have to promptly respond to txt's, emails or phone calls or else #1 will happen
-Have to clear everything with the SO, even if you are going to lunch with co-workers at work! Forget about even hanging out and having a few drinks with co-workers after work!
-Can't have any time consuming hobbies that will take ANY time away from SO (Gym, biking, working on car, etc)
-Can't hang out with friends on the weekend unless SO is with
-Can't even go out with your kid for dinner without being questioned/accused!

Then I am glad I am now not in a Relationship! Let the good times roll!

The greatest thing about being single is YOU CAN DO WHAT THE !@#$ YOU WANT, WHEN YOU WANT AND NOT HAVE TO ANSWER TO ANYONE!!!
Boo, you are not describing a relationship, you are describing h*ll. You need to meet a real woman.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:38 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
OP, what are you going to do for money if you break up w/ your BF?
Huh? I have a good job and make a decent amount of money myself. By the way the house he bought is in my name as well as the cars. So I'm good but thanks for your concern.

Oh, a little update: I actually threw him out on the morning of January 1, only to have him crawling back last crying like a baby. I still love him though so I took him back. If he continues to behave in a way I would like him to behave, perhaps he will stay a little longer.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:39 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
Not to be snide either..but maybe she caught him doing more than watching her walk her dog? Hey, you never know.
Dream on, Floridadreamer.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:41 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
Huh? I have a good job and make a decent amount of money myself. By the way the house he bought is in my name as well as the cars. So I'm good but thanks for your concern.

Oh, a little update: I actually threw him out on the morning of January 1, only to have him crawling back last crying like a baby. I still love him though so I took him back. If he continues to behave in a way I would like him to behave, perhaps he will stay a little longer.
You threw him out of the house he bought

Old 01-03-2010, 12:40 AM

133 posts, read 301,293 times
Quote:
Being single is not always fun but perhaps in the long run it's a better option than being in a relationship. I mean, imagine the heartbreak, tears, the loneliness and all when parting ways with someone you have been with for sometime? Relationships can be fun for a while but when you hit rough patches it can get really rough..

I'm seriously thinking of parting ways with my BF but when I think of months of heartaches to follow, I get really afraid. Wish I was not with him in the first place and just continued to be single. Life seems so much easier that way.

What do you guys think?
Being single sucks! Its harder to find love and or even someone who likes you and wants to to be more than a notch in his belt.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:57 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Was the neighbour walking her dog again
Quote:
No, he has jealousy and controlling issues.
OH MY GOD! I think you just described yourself. HE'S controlling and jealous? (wipes laughter tears away) Sounds like a match made in heaven. //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ks-my-bfs.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships