Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 08:32 PM

206 posts, read 571,819 times

Advertisements

Someone is hiring somewhere. Have you truly exhausted all your options? Fast food, temp agencies, internet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 08:46 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm The Supporter View Post
I don't play "woe is me" and I want to kick people who do. I may have sounded like I was on this thread but I was gathering info on how to do something I couldn't do. I honestly don't have money for a psychiatrist (even though I would like to see one (for more than this reason)) and my friends are either at college with me or at work (something I don't have). Seeing a professional is out of the question until I can get up some money for the thing I want to do and I'll be doing this for my own personal gain.
You said that you are going to school. If it is a four year school they, will offer counseling services. You pay for them eith your tuition. Most communities have a free clinic that will also offer services.

btw, the point of the song is that you are YOUNG. You will meet and have feelings for many women before you find "the one". Look at each relationship as getting practice for the real thing and each break as getting closer to "the one".

Old 01-03-2010, 08:50 PM

152 posts, read 303,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrja View Post
Someone is hiring somewhere. Have you truly exhausted all your options? Fast food, temp agencies, internet?
I have. The only other places that are hiring either interfere with my school schedule or are places where I would need a ride. And unfortunately I don't have the car anymore. My parents took it back when I was supposed to ship off to basic.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:08 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
I reiterate my suggestion to booze up. Seems like any other suggestion gets shot down for some reason or another.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:27 PM

152 posts, read 303,596 times
Only those which cannot happen when they have no basis to exist in the moment. I will be going back to college and the campus hires. I will try there. I would love to work in the library.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:19 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,034,235 times
Quote:
What does it mean when you know that you have friends who love you, and you also have God there but you feel this relentless pain of loneliness? I guess it's because I'm still single and I absolutely hate being single. I am too bored. Any thoughts.
Not being single won’t necessarily help.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:56 AM

201 posts, read 648,635 times
i mean, my first impression of this post was like wow, you know?

Old 07-21-2010, 09:01 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
Quote:
What does it mean when you know that you have friends who love you, and you also have God there but you feel this relentless pain of loneliness? I guess it's because I'm still single and I absolutely hate being single. I am too bored. Any thoughts.
If you bore yourself, you'll surely bore anyone you date. Be interesting, and someone will be interested.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:55 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
You know, the one thing I have always wanted ever since I can remember is to have a family of my own. A wife and two little girls (I wouldn't be able to raise a son). If y'all want to know more about the situation I would be more than happy to fill you in. One of my favorite things to do is get to know who a person is. That's why I don't like forums so much is because you HAVE to be anonymous and you can't share information like e-mail or anything. So you don't make friends.

I feel for you. Your loneliness is palpable. But I also worry that you are just not the type, nor the man, right now,to have a relationship with anyone. You say you are lonely but there are people you can't be with. You want children but no sons. What happens if you have a son? You are the one biologically responsible for determining the sex of your children, but you really can't control which you will have. I frankly believe you are not ready to have a relationship, as you seem really unstable and maybe even dangerous, for whatever vague reason. I hate to say it, but maybe you are better off alone.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:53 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
All living things don't make changes unless they are being enticed to change by some kind of "offer too good to refuse" or their present situations are causing pain. This is true for plants and animals and is the basis for evolution. So, your painful feeling is a message from your soul that you need to make a change. Respect and listen to your inner self and work to find a path to happiness and contentment. But that does not mean you should leave a winding road if it is taking you in a direction that will lead to future promise. In other words, don't quit education or friendships that you are now involved with that empower you .. but DO find things to learn and people to add to enrich your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships