Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 02:55 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,559,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
A girl I know has one with t hree fairies on her lower back in the "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" pose . I know a guy who has "your name" tattooed on his but. He was the career planner in one of my old units. When you checked into th euni, he was one of the people you were required to see. He used to do this bit with new joins when they checked in. When they handed him their check-in sheets he'd go "Wow, this is crazy! I got your name tattooed on my [butt]! That's crazy. You wanna see?!" if they'd agree he proceeded to moon them.

LOL -- that's FUNNY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 02:57 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,559,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Catman, I've always heard those preachers daughters can be a little on the wild side. Makes me want to read the bible.
LOL -- kinda makes you wonder where that girl in the picture had the proverbs and psalms written! LOL

Old 01-02-2010, 02:59 PM

562 posts, read 2,403,633 times
I know Tamajane, its hard being a girl! Age will make you worry less about these things.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:02 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
LOL -- kinda makes you wonder where that girl in the picture had the proverbs and psalms written! LOL
Could give a guy a whole new meaning to "A Religious Experience"

Old 01-02-2010, 03:04 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
I don't have a tramp stamp, but I do have those dimples on my lower back waist and I know a girl who has dermal anchor peircings in hers. I think those look pretty cute if you have dimples back there (not everybody does I guess).

Old 01-02-2010, 03:38 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We were all feeling good at a party last night and the conversation drifted to tattoos and tramp stamps (tattoos on the lower back). My wife is completely the non-tattoo type of person but after her Chemo treatment a few years back got her tramp stamp that said "Survivor"

Some of the best ones I saw at the party was "Daddies little Sl*t" and "Thank you for coming". Not exactly something you want your kids to see. One guy dropped his pants and just had boat propellers tattooed on his butt cheeks. That one was funny.

Do you have or have you seen some funny or sexy tattoos or tramp stamps you can share ?

Funny how loose people get when showing their body art.
I know this will sound snobbish but those people have ZERO class! I would never get a degrading tattoo like that on me and I would be apprehensive to date any woman with a tattoo like that (e.g. "Daddies little Sl*t"). That is incest!!!!!

BTW, I love tattoos (I have 2) but unfortunately, mainstream culture has found yet another underground hobby/lifestyle to exploit all for the the sake of being cool.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:49 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Morph, those women were all married and the tats were meant for their husbands. At least they had a sense of humor when getting their art work.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:49 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, good point. People put you in a box no matter what ya do.

People I'm sure label me. I dress casually and have long hair. So I'm sure I'm sized up as a loser and put in the "loser" file.

Oh well, the things people don't know.

I actually like to be misread, cause when people actually find out more of me........
Well you have to ask yourself, Do I really want to be around folks that would classify me as a loser (OR even a Hippie Loser )?
It's probably a good thing Chow, that there are people who don't like that kind of thing and are willing to make those judgments based on superfluous stuff without getting to know you because it really does save a lot of time and heartache in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Are you saying you'd be happy and willing to sign your name on a list after a dozen as in the example earlier?
No, I don't believe I said that. Names aren't really my thing but I have to admire the guy in the earlier example for having a sense of humour about his body art and not being afraid to run the gauntlet of people who would judge what he has done with his body art negatively. It seems almost a very self deprecating thing to do and being an Aussie I love a self deprecating sense of humour.

Occasionally I toy with the idea of having a lyric tattooed on me and then I think what if I detest the songwriter after a few years? So I stick to symbols and pictures simply because the meaning and nuance of that can change over time. But that's me. Other people can do what they like on their bodies. Ultimately it's just a picture painted on the skin and I don't see it as attributing much of anything to a person's character or personality other than it probably seemed like a good idea at the time to them and they may or may not feel differently about it now or in the future.

I lived through the 80s

Old 01-02-2010, 04:17 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Well you have to ask yourself, Do I really want to be around folks that would classify me as a loser (OR even a Hippie Loser )?
It's probably a good thing Chow, that there are people who don't like that kind of thing and are willing to make those judgments based on superfluous stuff without getting to know you because it really does save a lot of time and heartache in the end.

No, I don't believe I said that. Names aren't really my thing but I have to admire the guy in the earlier example for having a sense of humour about his body art and not being afraid to run the gauntlet of people who would judge what he has done with his body art negatively. It seems almost a very self deprecating thing to do and being an Aussie I love a self deprecating sense of humour.

Occasionally I toy with the idea of having a lyric tattooed on me and then I think what if I detest the songwriter after a few years? So I stick to symbols and pictures simply because the meaning and nuance of that can change over time. But that's me. Other people can do what they like on their bodies. Ultimately it's just a picture painted on the skin and I don't see it as attributing much of anything to a person's character or personality other than it probably seemed like a good idea at the time to them and they may or may not feel differently about it now or in the future.

I lived through the 80s
It's funny, moonie, the thought of certain people judging you in a negative way because of your tattoos, because IMO you're one of the most "sane," smart, kind and level-headed persons in these forums. I mean that sincerely. (No, you don't have to rep me. )

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 01-02-2010 at 04:31 PM..

Old 01-02-2010, 04:30 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
A woman decides to spice up her marriage, and, knowing that her husband is a huge fan of Brigitte Bardot, she decides to do something unique. Off she goes to the tattoo artist and has a stylized B carved on each butt cheek. When her husband gets home they get romantic and she bends over to reveal her new artwork. He has this shocked look on his face and stammers, "Who, who, who's BOB!?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships