Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 09:56 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
There is even a vacation exercise in China and India, I think..... it's a fun trip for folks from the corp world where you can go to the Chinese or Indian farms/paddy fields and be a farmer for a weekend. I'll see if I can find the links.
Well, if we're talking real farms, I can see how this experience may benefit the spoiled corporate brats who don't know what to do with their money...

Darn, I already knew I wasn't welcome on this thread! It's Antlered's fault - he sucked me in with his cows. I'm out. There's plenty of crap waiting for me anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 09:58 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Quote:
One guy said it helps him appreciate the simplicity of life with farming

There is even a vacation exercise in China and India, I think..... it's a fun trip for folks from the corp world where you can go to the Chinese or Indian farms/paddy fields and be a farmer for a weekend. I'll see if I can find the links.

It's like a break from the corporate world. And the whole experience is VERY expensive. It's like booking a resort or something. Some of it is company sponsored. In my ex-ex-job in 2006, I was given one of those for the yearly appraisal perks
Okay...this gave me a chuckle! Apparently, this guy wasn't raised on the kind of farm that I was raised on. LOL..... because there was no real "simplicity" there.....always something new happening, always something to do...from sun up til sundown. Summer vacation from school, was NOT a vacation. I always looked forward to going back to school in the fall...for a BREAK!

Old 01-03-2010, 12:13 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,940 times
Quote:
They were sooooooooooooooooooo bored with corporate lives that farmville and facebook over the weekend is their only retreat

Now add mafia wars, and the females play sorority
I have never understand the allure of farmville. Of course, this is coming from the girl who occasionally plays sorority life and diva life, but those are becoming stale too. I think we humans like to experience achievement and when we grow our farm. . . voila!

That's so funny though that corporate types are playing farmville. One of my father's friends once made a joke about it and I remember thinking it was hilarious that a lawyer played farmville.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, if we're talking real farms, I can see how this experience may benefit the spoiled corporate brats who don't know what to do with their money...

Darn, I already knew I wasn't welcome on this thread! It's Antlered's fault - he sucked me in with his cows. I'm out. There's plenty of crap waiting for me anyway.
Nooooo, we'll always have a nice, soft pillow waiting for you here! And some Godiva truffles!

Old 01-03-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Here's some personal sappy..... my daughter and I...hehe....will sometimes stand in the card aisle and read sappy cards...we're TERRIBLE!...we get all choked up and teary eyed, pass the "offending/good" card to the other...and then end up busting out in laughter at each other's sappinness!! LOL Does anyone else do that? or go looking for a card for someone...and if it makes you bawl, say to yourself, "sniiiiiff....oh yeah, that's the one....while choking back sobs?" LOL
I've read some cards that made me tear up! I always feel bad giving a card with a really deep, meaningful message inside to someone that I don't care too much about. I always feel like I'm lying.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Nooooo, we'll always have a nice, soft pillow waiting for you here! And some Godiva truffles!
I tend not to display my emotions too much in playville, but it's sweet to know there is a soft pillow and chocolates for me. Thanks.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:55 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,507 times
I got a bit teary-eyed earlier today when I read a friend's post on Facebook. Today is the two year anniversary of her 18 year old son's death (sudden cardiac arrest). Another friend of hers told the story of how today is the day that her adopted son was born, and how someone elses sacrifice had meant so much. I was so touched by the whole thread.

I just feel bad for my friend and wish I could take her pain away

Old 01-03-2010, 01:04 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
I got a bit teary-eyed earlier today when I read a friend's post on Facebook. Today is the two year anniversary of her 18 year old son's death (sudden cardiac arrest). Another friend of hers told the story of how today is the day that her adopted son was born, and how someone elses sacrifice had meant so much. I was so touched by the whole thread.

Your poor friend! I don't know how she coped with it.

I know someday my parents will pass. I know someday I will pass. I was weepy on New Year's Day about this because my father asked for my social security number for beneficiary purposes. Nobody had died, yet it really made me sad. Hard to explain.

Dying is so all too real. And it's a part of life.

Somehow I will have to cope when it happens.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:04 PM

522 posts, read 1,405,787 times
I like Sorority Life. It's the only place I can get paid to beat the living day lights out of other women. I can then use all that money to buy more accessories and shoes.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:22 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I've read some cards that made me tear up! I always feel bad giving a card with a really deep, meaningful message inside to someone that I don't care too much about. I always feel like I'm lying.
LOL <blank parser>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post

That's awful, Tropical. I'm sorry for your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Your poor friend! I don't know how she coped with it.

I know someday my parents will pass. I know someday I will pass. I was weepy on New Year's Day about this because my father asked for my social security number for beneficiary purposes. Nobody had died, yet it really made me sad. Hard to explain.

Dying is so all too real. And it's a part of life.

Somehow I will have to cope when it happens.
Yes, it's very scary to think about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships