Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 11:05 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,903,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
This is a question for the ladies. I have a friend that wants to open up more to women but he has secrets that hold him back. He's an honest guy so he dodges certain questions but he can't dodge them forever. People can tell that he works out everyday and the ladies think he's handsome. He has plenty of money to blow and he's always available. He's always very respectful to people and always tries to help when he can. He has nice cars and a nice house. He is very intelligent and seems to be a jack of all trades.

Here's the stuff that he doesn't want to talk about. Most of his friends are or were hustlers and gangsters. Some of his family may or may not be high rolling gangsters. He never hurt anyone or sold addictive drugs to anyone but most of his money came from the black market. He has a huge collection of guns but he doesn't have them for hurting people, they were given to him so he kept them. He smokes marijuana but doesn't like alcohol, drugs, or pills.

So ladies, if you really liked him would you continue to date this guy? Would you call the police on this guy? What would you say if this guy ever asked you to marry him or travel the world with him?
I find it interesting that a pot user has a stash of guns. He might want to make sure none of those guns was stolen or was used in a crime.

Maybe a younger, easily-influenced, unknowing woman would find him attractive, but I wouldn't want any drama with pot or guns affecting my future employment, driver's license, etc. I wouldn't call the police; I'd just have nothing to do with him in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 11:09 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,414,214 times
I would have written him just for the use of marijuana, but even if he didn't smoke weed, I still wouldn't get involved with him. Chances are my dad probably investigated and locked up some of his family members.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:25 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,132,411 times
I lived around people in the mafia, dated a son of X not knowing who his father was until many years later. There was always something - too many secrets, too much don't ask, don't see, weird stuff. I'm an open book. If you can't be the same with me, I'm going to be really uncomfortable.

So no, I wouldn't date him - life is good with just the right amount of drama, excitement. Drama from danger isn't for me.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:41 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,802,699 times
Quote:
This is a question for the ladies. I have a friend that wants to open up more to women but he has secrets that hold him back. He's an honest guy so he dodges certain questions but he can't dodge them forever. People can tell that he works out everyday and the ladies think he's handsome. He has plenty of money to blow and he's always available. He's always very respectful to people and always tries to help when he can. He has nice cars and a nice house. He is very intelligent and seems to be a jack of all trades.

Here's the stuff that he doesn't want to talk about. Most of his friends are or were hustlers and gangsters. Some of his family may or may not be high rolling gangsters. He never hurt anyone or sold addictive drugs to anyone but most of his money came from the black market. He has a huge collection of guns but he doesn't have them for hurting people, they were given to him so he kept them. He smokes marijuana but doesn't like alcohol, drugs, or pills.

So ladies, if you really liked him would you continue to date this guy? Would you call the police on this guy? What would you say if this guy ever asked you to marry him or travel the world with him?
Do women find him attractive, because he's attractive? Or, do they find him attractive, because of his wallet. He don't like drugs, but he smokes weed. Oh, that's right he smokes, because of the pain. RIGHT!
The weed would do it for me. Fooling around with him I would lose my clearance. That's okay. BTW: Why are "you" hanging out with shady characters?

Old 01-21-2010, 12:45 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,468,732 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlED1nixee8

Fast forward to 1:05 - my favorite line in the whole flick!

Weed is a dealbreaker for me too - so all the rest really doesn't matter in my book.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:56 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,029,016 times
I don't care how nice or handsome this guy is -- he's surrounded by a criminal element and makes big bucks through illegal means. Anyone who gets involved with him could be implicated when the proverbial crab hits the fan. No thanks! I'm not looking to play Bonnie to some Clyde.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:29 PM

29,762 posts, read 34,464,488 times
I can't be the only one imagining this guy in a tracksuit, eating gabagool at the Badda Bing, right?

Old 01-21-2010, 04:57 PM

174 posts, read 230,671 times
no thanks.
I wouldn't feel safe and I'll always be on edge. It's not a good way to live.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:51 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,062,764 times
What if the ladies where unaware of hs "business"? The guy could be a great BS artist, and the ladies wouldn't have a clue for some time.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:50 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,863,790 times
Quote:
He just has to find the right girl. There are plenty out there looking for such a man. Usually they are forced to be pen pals with convicts since the competition is so fierce for those who haven't been caught yet.

Tell him to keep trying!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships