Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 10:07 AM

799 posts, read 1,446,597 times

Advertisements

This is a question for the ladies. I have a friend that wants to open up more to women but he has secrets that hold him back. He's an honest guy so he dodges certain questions but he can't dodge them forever. People can tell that he works out everyday and the ladies think he's handsome. He has plenty of money to blow and he's always available. He's always very respectful to people and always tries to help when he can. He has nice cars and a nice house. He is very intelligent and seems to be a jack of all trades.

Here's the stuff that he doesn't want to talk about. Most of his friends are or were hustlers and gangsters. Some of his family may or may not be high rolling gangsters. He never hurt anyone or sold addictive drugs to anyone but most of his money came from the black market. He has a huge collection of guns but he doesn't have them for hurting people, they were given to him so he kept them. He smokes marijuana but doesn't like alcohol, drugs, or pills.

So ladies, if you really liked him would you continue to date this guy? Would you call the police on this guy? What would you say if this guy ever asked you to marry him or travel the world with him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 10:16 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,332,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
This is a question for the ladies. I have a friend that wants to open up more to women but he has secrets that hold him back. He's an honest guy so he dodges certain questions but he can't dodge them forever. People can tell that he works out everyday and the ladies think he's handsome. He has plenty of money to blow and he's always available. He's always very respectful to people and always tries to help when he can. He has nice cars and a nice house. He is very intelligent and seems to be a jack of all trades.

Here's the stuff that he doesn't want to talk about. Most of his friends are or were hustlers and gangsters. Some of his family may or may not be high rolling gangsters. He never hurt anyone or sold addictive drugs to anyone but most of his money came from the black market. He has a huge collection of guns but he doesn't have them for hurting people, they were given to him so he kept them. He smokes marijuana but doesn't like alcohol, drugs, or pills.

So ladies, if you really liked him would you continue to date this guy? Would you call the police on this guy? What would you say if this guy ever asked you to marry him or travel the world with him?

Soooo where exactly does he get his money from? Certainly he doesn't sell bubble gum on the black market so what gives? I would not want to date an illegal hustler....because THAT'S what it looks like.... he is.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:17 AM

29,756 posts, read 34,444,246 times
The fact that he's comfortable around criminals and lives high on the hog with money that came from criminal/illegal activity is a huge, huge red flag. I would get away so fast there would be a me-shaped hole in the door.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:37 AM

865 posts, read 2,433,510 times
Some women won't care where the $ comes from, as long as it's there. But I do. And if I knew that he was involved in illegal activities, he would not be the man for me.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:45 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,208,750 times
If the police ever raided his home and you were there you would be arrested too just from knowing like say the majiuana in the home. Just ask yourself if he's worth that risk to your own life. I would just walk away from the whole situtuation period - unless you are into the drama and danger then the force be with you.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:52 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,652,355 times
fleetiebelle made a good point. On the other hand, if the guy is nice, treats his woman and family well, I guess we all have some sort of skeletons LOL - In this situation, it's a shame he associates with such people because I can't help but think that his good luck may run out and be in the wrong place at the wrong time one day - so that would worry me. I've known some shady people in my time and I look at the person first before their lifestyle or their friends. If the guy is upstanding and all in all a good guy, maybe for the right woman he may consider her and not associate with the friends that are questionable. With regard to guns, I can relate well. When I met my b/f he told me eventually that he owned some guns - then that he liked shooting competitively and he's got quite a collection. Not all women are comfortable with this but it didn't bother me. I have my own too so I'd be a hypocrit by saying otherwise.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:55 AM

29,756 posts, read 34,444,246 times
Quote:
With regard to guns, I can relate well. When I met my b/f he told me eventually that he owned some guns - then that he liked shooting competitively and he's got quite a collection. Not all women are comfortable with this but it didn't bother me. I have my own too so I'd be a hypocrit by saying otherwise.
But with his past, are this guy's guns legally obtained, registered, safely stored, etc? Like Thursday said, if the police raid his place and you're there, if there's a cache of illegal weapons that's going to be a problem.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:57 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,216,209 times
It's even risky to just be around such a person. No, thanks. I don't aspire to be a mafia GF or wife.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:00 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,652,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But with his past, are this guy's guns legally obtained, registered, safely stored, etc? Like Thursday said, if the police raid his place and you're there, if there's a cache of illegal weapons that's going to be a problem.
Well, you have a good point. I think if the police were to ever come to the home for whatever reason and did a search, this guy would have a lot of "splainin" to do.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:01 AM

10,177 posts, read 20,798,736 times
Birds of a feather, flock together...quack, quack!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships