Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 04:30 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,681,199 times

Advertisements

Well someone who puts their child first IMO would still be married to the father.
You chose him, you make it work.
Otherwise you raise your child while your life goes into a holding pattern. 18 years is a small investment for a child's well being. You are away from your child while working, why spend even more time with a date? Put your child first.
OK, now the bricks may fly.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:37 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,628,860 times
solytaire wrote:
Quote:
But after a second of thought, I realized that he figured what most men I know who find single mothers figure: "Ive hit the jackpot. Obviously this chick is no stranger to uncommitted sex, as she already has a bastard child. So it will be a pretty easy process to get mine and move on".

I still dont see why he would complain when the plan goes awry but I do know thats how many, many men view single mothers.

The other old trick is for no good men to shack up with single mothers because they know they will be taken care of: "Hmm..Obviously she can take care of herself and her child. So if I sex her up and move in with her, as long as I put up with little Timmy, Ill be in for a free ride because she's desperate and Im a jobless loser...worst case scenario I can mooch off of her foodstamps and WIC benefits...jackpot!"
I hate to stir up trouble but why do you have to say things like "she already has a bastard child"? Your whole post sounds trashy and seems to dwell on the worst qualities of humanity.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:40 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,728,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Well someone who puts their child first IMO would still be married to the father.
Otherwise you raise your child while your life goes into a holding pattern. 18 years is a small investment for a child's well being. You are away from your child while working, why spend even more time with a date? Put your child first.
Yeah, more fantasy world. I'm sorry sweetie, mommy DOES love you. I never thought your meth addicted dad would actually sell you to his friends for another fix...honest I didn't. Or....I'm sorry baby, but momma is dying from AIDS, I couldn't bear to leave daddy when he was cheating on ..I was only thinking of you first. Oh honey, please forgive me, I thought I was doing the right thing by staying with your daddy.....I had no idea that he was molesting you while I was at work, (because daddy turned out to be a drunk who couldn't hold down a job).

Old-fashioned? What old fashioned? Hide it? Send your kid away to "stay with Aunt Laurie in Kansas (you live in Texas). We'll just tell everyone your aunt is sick and she needs your help for a few months. Where did you really go? Oh....to get fat with pregnancy and give up the baby for adoption. Please.... There is no such thing as "the good old days". Old-fashioned and better aren't always interchangeable.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:40 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,125,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
solytaire wrote:

I hate to stir up trouble but why do you have to say things like "she already has a bastard child"? Your whole post sounds trashy and seems to dwell on the worst qualities of humanity.

bas·tard (bstrd)
n.
1. A child born out of wedlock.
2. Something that is of irregular, inferior, or dubious origin.
3. Slang A person, especially one who is held to be mean or disagreeable.

Does reality offend you?

Old 01-23-2010, 04:42 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Sadly, two wrongs do not make a right.

Many times a young lady gets pregnant (foolishly) then discovers what a cad the father really is.

Staying with someone just for the sake of that baby for 18 years is not a realistic plan.

Young women need to wizen up and avoid jerky guys to begin with. But no way should they have to be stuck married to him just because he contributed some sperm.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
bas·tard (bstrd)
n.
1. A child born out of wedlock.
2. Something that is of irregular, inferior, or dubious origin.
3. Slang A person, especially one who is held to be mean or disagreeable.

Does reality offend you?
Give me a break We all know the word bastard is used 99.9% of the time in a derogatory way. It is crude to label a poor, defenseless, INNOCENT little child this way - and I think you know that.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:45 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,977,770 times
Quote:
solytaire wrote:

Am I being too forthright?...Is the term "daddiless child" more sweet sounding? What else do they call children with no father?

Am I supposed to sugarcoat the term because they're someone's child? Whatever the case, you are free to translate it to something that is more palatable to your eyes/ears.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Am I being too forthright?...Is the term "daddiless child" more sweet sounding? What else do they call children with no father?

Whatever the case, you are free to translate it to something that is more palatable to your eyes/ears.
EVERY child has a father - conception is impossible without the male contribution

Children whose fathers are cowards and opt out of their lives are still just children - no need to "call" them anything special.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:49 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,977,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
EVERY child has a father - conception is impossible without the male contribution

Children whose fathers are cowards and opt out of their lives are still just children - no need to "call" them anything special.

whoa whoa whoa...lets not offend anyone here...the children's deadbeat fathers ARE NOT cowards...they are merely unable non custodial parent figures...

remember..we're trying to soften it up here...spare feelings and all.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:50 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,728,378 times
Quote:
solytaire wrote:

I always wonder how karma will play out for some of these folks. Imagine the shock and horror of people making statements like these when they find out their parents weren't married when they were conceived...hence, bastard calling someone a bastard.... Or an unplanned pregnancy in your "yet unborn" child's future. Some people are so crude, it's unbelievable. It is really so unimpressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships