Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 10:10 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,950 times

Advertisements

So I dated this guy a while back... we were trying to be friends, but sex got involved, so we became FWB but I didn't like that and he didn't want a relationship so I said let's just be friends, but we were still kind of datingish just not sleeping together. I think along the way, we both decided we're not right for each other, but no one really officially broke it off. I thought we were still just going to be friends, having lunch once in a while and talking to each other. Well, one day, he just disappeared. We were getting along fine, then he stopped contacting me. So I contacted him casually, and he seemed fine. But the next three times I tried, I couldn't get through. I figured that he blocked me and didn't want to talk to me again. And I haven't heard from him since (a couple of weeks ago). That's fine. Ego's a little hurt. But we're facebook friends, and he's been "liking" a lot of my posts on there. I don't really know what to think. Most people unfriend me or just ignore my FB things. I have no desire to contact him anymore and I don't really care enough to unfriend him. I'm just wondering what he's thinking? It seems like he disappeared because it was the easy way out instead of just breaking it off. I feel like maybe it's because there's some unfinished business/hopes in the future, or it doesn't matter enough to him to unfriend me but he doesn't want to waste time hanging out with me anymore? Whaddya think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 10:13 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
He feels bad/guilty but doesn't want to get back with you. I'm sorry, I know it stinks.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:14 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,375 times
It sounds like you care. Quite a bit, actually.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:14 PM

354 posts, read 518,009 times
well what do u expect? he's obviously found another fwb. why would he hang out with u when he knows there won't be anymore 'happy endings'.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:24 PM

Well yeah... I feel rejected.. wouldn't you?

Old 12-18-2012, 10:53 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,432,444 times
Anyone would. But that doesn't mean you have to park there. Time doesnt stop and neither should your life over him. Obviously her's moved on continuing to build his support network and there is very well one out there waiting for you to build. So go meet some new friends. And maybe later, there might be benefits of another kind for you to enjoy appreciate

Old 12-18-2012, 10:58 PM

Yes, I know he's not into me, thanks for reminding me. But why are we still FB friends then? It didn't bother me at first, but now that I see his name every time he likes something of mine, I get annoyed because it reminds me of how he rejected me.. grrrr... And I don't want to be the one to unfriend because it will show how he affects me and he shouldn't get that pleasure...

Old 12-18-2012, 11:01 PM

354 posts, read 518,009 times
you mean you haven't heard of ignore function on FB?

Old 12-18-2012, 11:06 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,432,444 times
He may not be into you romantically. And that doesn't mean you're undesirable just because you may not be his favorite tune. But from what you say, it doesn't appear that he dislikes you. That's why the 'liking' on Fb. I also have some people on Fb who may not appreciate everything I post and certainly on here as well. But life is bigger than what they approve of. And like I said, it keeps rolling along regardless of how I feel about it.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:49 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,787 times
You sound like all of my exes.
The point was, it wasn't ever going to work.
But, hanging out was still fun.
Until it became boring...
And I decided to do something else.

I might contact you later.
Just to say hi.
But, I don't know.
I could never talk to you again.
And that's fine too.
As it would never have worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships