Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 08:22 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
This is it exactly. No one here expects her to put out just because she's taken to dinner. It's all about doing the right thing and stop using him because she's not interested in a relationship. She knows he is...so she's getting what she wants out of it for as long as she can.
Hasn't this thread run its course?

The OP has already decided that the CD posters who responded to her are, as she says, S L U T S and have her in tears after reading just two pages. Where that designation comes from I've no idea.

Suggestion as in broken record - how about reading the whole thread before commenting? Anyone who posts without reading the thread and/or those who pop in to say, "Well, I haven't read the whole thread but ..." should take a break from posting. DUH! Yes, feisty old STT Resident here ... Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 08:34 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Hasn't this thread run its course?

The OP has already decided that the CD posters who responded to her are, as she says, S L U T S and have her in tears after reading just two pages. Where that designation comes from I've no idea.

Suggestion as in broken record - how about reading the whole thread before commenting? Anyone who posts without reading the thread and/or those who pop in to say, "Well, I haven't read the whole thread but ..." should take a break from posting. DUH! Yes, feisty old STT Resident here ... Cheers!
Yes, it has. Unfortunately, I have read this whole thread and have kept up with it and commented a couple times. But thanks for the heads up. Fiesty young Okie here!

Old 02-03-2010, 11:26 AM

6,453 posts, read 9,816,761 times
Under the great debate forum she admits that when people take you out and buy you dinner etc you get used to it and expect it lol

i guess she thinks no one else looks in other threads lol

Old 02-03-2010, 11:36 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Under the great debate forum she admits that when people take you out and buy you dinner etc you get used to it and expect it lol

i guess she thinks no one else looks in other threads lol
I don't. I tried to take her at her word. Oh well. Then again I view "gold digging" as a victim less crime anyway.

I've spent too much time defending a woman that's not a blood relative or going to have sex with me. She's on her own tears or not.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:11 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Meh, let the old guy have his fun. If she's 22, he's 44 and that to me is hilarious. Then again my wife is 42. I was 16 and dated a 21 year old. For 2 years, even. The sex was awesome.

Maybe he'll get lucky, eventually. No shame in his game. I don't think I could date someone who could be the same age as one of my children, though. That would creep me out. I'd be suspect that I might be being ..... used. Plus, man.... the difference in musical tastes, movies, just basic interests would be so different, I don't think I could adjust. Imagine meeting her friends...and they want to go thrash on the slopes this weekend. I'd be wanting to go trout fishing at the lake or maybe just mow the lawn, read a book and pass out in the shade with a half-finished tequila sunrise.

Thread reminds me of an Annie Lennox song.

Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
I travel the world
And the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something.

Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:26 PM

45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Joei:
Following on your other thread about people "not wanting to" give you money this is what you do:
tell the guy that "if you want a taste of this it'll cost you $.xx." That solves two problems and you
now have a more honest relationship.

Last edited by North Beach Person; 02-03-2010 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-03-2010, 04:38 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Please....him paying is just traditional dating. And being that he is twice your age he should have the income to cover it. At that age people that were older than me picked up the check quite a few times even when I would try to pitch in. It was not sexual. They just were more set to do so. If he invites he pays anyway. That is the rule.

He was going to use you for sex anyway. Good job at keeping your legs closed. You just played a player twice your age. S - him, his money and his lack of business ethics too.

Guys on this forum are cheap it seems and a lot of the women think its out of line to not like it.

In my opinion cheap dates are for teen years and this guy either wanted to use you for sex or it was just casual dinners for company to not be alone. Either way he invited you. To expect a sexual blossoming is over the line because you work together.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:47 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
I think I already know the answer to this, but recently I've been 'going out' with a guy who is twice my age. We started off as business partners, but then he started taking me out to dinner and movies the past few weekends.

I knew he was attracted to me, but I wasn't sure he wanted to take it to that level. I didnt want to take it to that level either because he's not my type. We havent had sex at all.

Last weekend, he cancelled our 'get together' saying he was busy...and knowing him better than that (since last October), I think he's upset because I'm not putting out to him. He made a few gestures last time he was at my apartment, but I didn't make any moves. I've stayed over at his house several times already...spent 2 days there one time, and he never made any moves on me. So I thought it was all platonic.

The reason I'm not having sex is because #1 we are business partners. We work in photography. #2 he is not my type and I don't want to lead him on just because he buys me dinner and movies.

But at the same time, I feel Im leading him on by letting him pay for my meals. But he always extends the invitation and I just go along with it because I really cant afford but to eat at home right now. Last weekend I ordered a glass of wine with my dinner. Which may have made it to 'datelike' ...I'm a bit of an addict but had I had wine at home like I do now, I would have certainly shared with him.

I dont know, what you think?
Get all you can and don't give him ###T.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:14 PM

Grow up. Its very obvious to me why 44 year old men chase 22 year olds. Sorry we are not all dumb and cheap. I know it would be easier for you guys to get laid and all so I understand. The man is playing the game. She is just the controller of who wins and I can see how men can't stand to allow women to have control over them or anything when they lack personal security.

Money is nothing. You can always make more money. You can't shrink your sex list or erase compromised morals. Get over it you cheapos.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:17 PM

oh and p.s.:

This MF "man" in paticular does not deserve respect because he can't respect a professional working relationship. So sorry..I don't respect men who use work as a p****wagon.

Not all men are like this trash. Those are the ones you don't use. But this dude...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships