Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 10:52 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times

Advertisements

I'll admit, here on city Data there are a lot of threads about your size preferences as it relates to how big, small, tall or short a potential mate is.

At the end of the day does someone's height and body size rally matter?

To some of you it's a deal breaker but does that mean your relationship will not work because the person is short and you like'm tall?

Chime in?

Ronnie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 10:56 AM

3,301 posts, read 11,717,786 times
My type is usually medium build, 5'8'' or so (I'm short, so 5'8'' is quite tall for me), dark hair, green/brown eyes, etc.

That said, if I hit it off with a guy who's 5'4'' (or 6'4''), blonde, skinny (or chubby), in the end it really doesn't matter at all. Sure, there has to be some sort of physical attraction, but I'm not going to reject a great guy because he has the wrong hair color or is too short/tall. Multiple times I've had massive crushes on guys who looked nothing like how I'd describe my "type", just as I've been bored to death with guys who were (physically) right up my alley.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:58 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I'll admit, here on city Data there are a lot of threads about your size preferences as it relates to how big, small, tall or short a potential mate is.

At the end of the day does someone's height and body size rally matter?

To some of you it's a deal breaker but does that mean your relationship will not work because the person is short and you like'm tall?

Chime in?

Ronnie

Not really because when it comes down to it. The people who are not superficial marry for love and sometimes your partner doesn't fit the "wish list".

I always dated tall, athletic, lean guys and my b/f is still taller than me but he's broad and just height / weight proportioned. He is not the picture of the guys I used to date but, everything about him spoke to me and it turned out to be a good match. He's a handsome man, great personality, hard worker, smart and funny.

At the end of the day, looks fade and you better have something really great going for you.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:11 AM

865 posts, read 2,432,258 times
I don't think size is a deal breaker. It's just a preference, but at the end of the day, their character and personality is way more important. Anyway, what difference does size make if you're horizontal?

Old 02-04-2010, 11:19 AM

1,237 posts, read 3,449,350 times
Maybe I'm a horrible person, but I think size matters. Yes, it's personal prefernce. I'm not extraordinarily tall (5'7'') but I've found that dating guys who are my height or only slightly taller just don't work for me. It's really just a matter of what I'm attracted to.

Is it a deal breaker? Not sure - there have always been other deal breakers.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:29 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfurman View Post
I don't think size is a deal breaker. It's just a preference, but at the end of the day, their character and personality is way more important. Anyway, what difference does size make if you're horizontal?
Agree. It's not a deal breaker [as long as she is not at the extreme end of the both ends of the spectrum]. I have no problem dating a woman who is overweight, to an extend, or a woman who has tiny micro weeny tiny boobs, or if she has a totally flat bum, as long as she is the right person for me, I can overlook all over that. Same with height, as long as she isn't a 6'4 giant or a 4'2 midget, I'm cool with anything in between.

I have preferences [like big round bum, nice tasty thighs, sexy legs etc ] but it's not a requirement or a deal breaker. Just a preference, that is all.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:33 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
At the end of the day, looks fade and you better have something really great going for you.
A lesson some of us learn the hard way. When you're young, it's easy to become enamored with the hottie to the point where you overlook a lot of their negative personality traits. But imagine marrying them, even having kids together. When the looks fade, you realize you're stuck with someone you don't really care for as a person. If you're a guy, I can understand wanting to be with someone who isn't taller or heavier than you. But beyond that, I think it's a bit silly to be fixated on size. Like other posters have said, you sometimes discover the best person for you looks like nothing like what you imagined you'd end up with.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:42 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
Quote:
Does SIZE really matter........
To be perfectly honest even though I'm not exactly statuesque I would have a problem having a girlfriend that was only two feet tall.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:51 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfurman View Post
Anyway, what difference does size make if you're horizontal?
Um, at that point the size of something might be an issue.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:57 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
DennyCrane wrote:
Quote:
Anyway, what difference does size make if you're horizontal?
Um, at that point the size of something might be an issue.
You must be referring to something that's vertical in this position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships