Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 04:39 PM

124 posts, read 328,910 times

Advertisements

I kind of agree, I do believe that girls who are pretty from outside can also be pretty from within and ugly girls can be the meanest and cruel too, so neither they are pretty nor good from within... What a crazy world we live in

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Hey I did put a disclaimer in there: "generally"! Of course the opposite is also true in individual cases. I've known quite a few pretty girls who had fantastic personalities as well, and ugly girls who were the meanest nastiest thing you can imagine, but I wasn't talking about specifics I was speaking in very general terms.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:05 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
If the "pretty" girl acts like she's better than others because of her looks, that's not attractive. There aren't many woman out there that I would rate--for attractiveness--above or below a 7. One looks very much like another to me. It's the personality that matters.

Personality may be reflected in the way she dresses. Jeans and T-shirts are preferable to dresses and skirts to me.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:08 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
What about this other scenario..

Pretty girls attractiveness INCREASES as you get to know them. While ugly girls attractiveness DECREASES as you get to know them.
that scenario is non existent. quit drinking the kool aid my friend

Old 02-08-2010, 04:43 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,845 times
Ugly or Attractive .. im a destiny's child ..no not that girl band geez lolz .. i believe in destiny ..so if lady luck shines on me ..i might find a 10/10 hanging in my arms

Old 02-08-2010, 08:12 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Interesting.

I have talked to hot women who say they don't get hit on or asked out.

Most often though they are admired from a far. Untouchable. Men seem to think they wouldn't have a chance.

I have met some women who have a special something that makes them attractive other then their looks. Perhaps the way they carry themselves.

I do agree to some extent of the OP's thoughts. However it's not always the case.

If we all can get past that stereotype of ugly and just get to know someone first then we can have some great friendships.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:22 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Interesting.

I have talked to hot women who say they don't get hit on or asked out.

Most often though they are admired from a far. Untouchable. Men seem to think they wouldn't have a chance.
These women are lying. What they mean is they don't get hit on by rich good looking doctors, lawyers, CEO's, guys like that. Decent looking women get hit on, approached, or asked out constantly that's why they always have their guard up and seem kind of b**chy.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:01 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Funny how no one on this thread has mentioned a pretty girl with a personality, or an ugly girl without one...
Oh, they exist. The idea that looks always equals a crappy personality is just something said to be PC, and make ugly people feel less bad.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:02 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Guys, generally speaking, would you agree with this statement:

Pretty girls attractiveness DECLINES as you get to know them. While ugly girls attractiveness INCREASES as you get to know them.

No jokes about it being better if women just don't speak at all please
Too much of a blanket statement.

I've known pretty girls who were rotten and selfish... yes, certainly. But, I've also known not-so-pretty women who weren't that nice to begin with.

Cases in point.

1. A 34 year old woman I know just got married last year. Extremely cute girl. Tall, slim, pretty face, very classy and attractive... and a total sweetheart. Had I met her earlier on, I myself would've developed an interest.
2. A 29 year old woman I know who is single and not pretty and is judgmental and annoying. She has a habit of staring at people. I've had to hold the urge to snap at her.

Some pretty girls are really sweet and down to Earth. They may ALSO be materialistic or what not, but let's remember that ugly women can be shallow and superficial and covet material goods as well.

The end.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:20 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Too much of a blanket statement.

I've known pretty girls who were rotten and selfish... yes, certainly. But, I've also known not-so-pretty women who weren't that nice to begin with.

Cases in point.

1. A 34 year old woman I know just got married last year. Extremely cute girl. Tall, slim, pretty face, very classy and attractive... and a total sweetheart. Had I met her earlier on, I myself would've developed an interest.
2. A 29 year old woman I know who is single and not pretty and is judgmental and annoying. She has a habit of staring at people. I've had to hold the urge to snap at her.

Some pretty girls are really sweet and down to Earth. They may ALSO be materialistic or what not, but let's remember that ugly women can be shallow and superficial and covet material goods as well.

The end.
Not only a blanket statement but prejudice as well.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:15 PM

133 posts, read 290,392 times
If you are ugly, well you are ugly, personality doesn't make you hotter, it makes you cooler to want to be around, talk to, be friends with. If you ain't hot to begin with well you just can't be attractive IMHO(This simply applies to me, it obviously doesn't apply to everyone) Physical attractiveness is the first thing that draws me to a girl, everything else follows, if you aren't physically attractive to me it already ends there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships