Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:22 PM

52 posts, read 153,128 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I'd like to ask you all especially all the women on this matter. I live in KC, Missouri and I have a slavic accent, even though I lived here in Kansas City since I was 13. I am 24 now. I feel as if it hurts my dating chances really bad and I can tell that when I go on first dates or parties, I see that a lot of girls tune me out. It seems like they'd rather talk and date a guy who is originally from here. What do you all think about this matter? Would you pass up a guy just because of his accent. Now, as far as my looks go, most people including guys say that I am good looking. My personality is little bet on the quiet side, but that shouldn't matter.

Anyways, please don't be optimistic and tell the truth. I'd like to hear it please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 10:23 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500 View Post
Hello all,

I'd like to ask you all especially all the women on this matter. I live in KC, Missouri and I have a slavic accent, even though I lived here in Kansas City since I was 13. I am 24 now. I feel as if it hurts my dating chances really bad and I can tell that when I go on first dates or parties, I see that a lot of girls tune me out. It seems like they'd rather talk and date a guy who is originally from here. What do you all think about this matter? Would you pass up a guy just because of his accent. Now, as far as my looks go, most people including guys say that I am good looking. My personality is little bet on the quiet side, but that shouldn't matter.

Anyways, please don't be optimistic and tell the truth. I'd like to hear it please.
Personally I think accents are very sexy - no matter what kind they are! I just like hearing something "different" than the accent I usually hear

Old 02-07-2010, 10:24 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,989,273 times
No, I don't think it's a problem. Perhaps you need to try to be a bit more out going??
Give it a try.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:38 PM

109 posts, read 202,775 times
Quote:
Hello all,

My last 'interest' had a bulgarian accent....luv, luv, luved it...

Old 02-07-2010, 10:40 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Foreign accents are usually considered "exotic" and "intriguing," I don't mean to be harsh, but there's a very good chance your lack of success is despite, not because of, your accent.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Foreign accents are usually considered "exotic" and "intriguing," I don't mean to be harsh, but there's a very good chance your lack of success is despite, not because of, your accent.

Fine, give an example...things like what????

Old 02-07-2010, 11:32 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Quote:
Fine, give an example...things like what????
Well without actually being there, I can't really say. Maybe you have a strange tic, maybe you smell like ass, maybe you're just hanging out with the wrong crowd, who knows. But I'm pretty sure the accent isn't the problem.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Well without actually being there, I can't really say. Maybe you have a strange tic, maybe you smell like ass, maybe you're just hanging out with the wrong crowd, who knows. But I'm pretty sure the accent isn't the problem.
smell like ass...ha ha...that's a good one...doesn't apply to me though...I know for a fact. As far as the wrong crowd..could be...some say that KC is a very conservative place, so I don't know.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:42 PM

557 posts, read 1,353,969 times
Regarding the accent- if someone mentions it, make a joke about it. (lightly). women find it t redeeming a man that doesn't take themselves too seriously.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:45 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,032,219 times
The accent isn't a problem. Accents are hot. Unless you can't understand what the person is saying. That gets old after a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships