Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:17 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times

Advertisements

So I want you to discuss your thoughts on this specially your work environment. In the past say 10 to 15 years ago , dating and flirting seemed easier in the work place without PC or lawsuit exploitation happening. Now it seems the topic has made companies go to the point of having classes and handbook rules given when you go to work for them. It is certainly that way at my place plus the fact we did have one female employee with two separate law suits in play for "sexual harassment" recently at our company. I can tell you she is not the friendliest person you would meet.

However recently a new female started and she has been well, borderline flirting with me , while I am not really sure what she is thinking I caught her checking out my azz today when I walked by. So safe to assume she sees something. But I am reluctant to push the possible situation because of the repercussions and PC hat has infested the workplace regarding dating and stuff.

On the other hand while I care about my employment if I really met somebody great I wouldn't care the risk, but you don't know if they are great unless you take it up a notch right? It kind of peeves me that even though you are doing your job good that these days your personal life is under scrutiny besides the fact by your employer thanks to the advancement of fighting sexual harassment that went so far to the point you are afraid to say you look good or even ask someone out that you work with.

What do you think?, how is the atmosphere regarding all this where you work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 07:19 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,342,445 times
One word of advise I follow very strictly: I don't shyt where I eat.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:20 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,409,437 times
I'd have to turn gay to date at my work place. I told a co worker we should have a bro date at a bar and I think he hates me now.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:22 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
I work with 40 women. Nothin' doin'.

When I did work with men, I loved it. We had the best time. I think the key is the people - people who aren't going to miscontrue every move you make. We flirted all the time and no one took it seriously.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:25 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
One word of advise I follow very strictly: I don't shyt where I eat.

Yeah I know, heard that before. But I have flirted and dated with who I worked with before (a few years ago) and even after it ended it didn't bring on a big dark cloud.

And I am not talking about someone you directly work with but maybe just at the same employer.

I am not asking for advice on what I should do, I'll make up my own mind on the matter, but more I am asking people's experiences and how their work place seem s today regarding people in a relationship who work at the company or where ever. Does your company give lectures and stuff on it?

Old 02-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,171,522 times
if its a serious job just dont do it. too much potential for damaging your career, losing job, or worse. HR will always side with female if she wants to start crap

Old 02-08-2010, 07:28 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,099,641 times
Let *her* kick it up a notch if she wants to. Back in the day, and of course then I was single, I did date ladies from work, many jobs I have had essentially the whole day is done at work, but with the PC climate anymore it ain't worth it.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:17 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,593,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I am not asking for advice on what I should do, I'll make up my own mind on the matter, but more I am asking people's experiences and how their work place seem s today regarding people in a relationship who work at the company or where ever. Does your company give lectures and stuff on it?
As far as I can recall, every place I have worked the past 20+ years has had some sort of sexual harassment clause (usually really short) in personnel policies but I believe the first time I encountered anything more formal was around 2004-2005. All employees had to take a 2-hour training and sign off on a new policy. They hadn't really had issues with it, just jumped in on the new trend. Covering their asses too, I suppose.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
if its a serious job just dont do it. too much potential for damaging your career, losing job, or worse. HR will always side with female if she wants to start crap
Been there done that? Have you?

Old 02-08-2010, 08:31 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Does your company give lectures and stuff on it?
I work for a small company. There are a few very clear paragraphs in the policies.

I'm with Gato on this one. It's not worth the trouble, LK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships