Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 07:08 PM

44,372 posts, read 20,080,080 times

Advertisements

Can You Think Of Any Celebrities Who Probably Couldn't Get A Date If They Weren't Famous?

Most of them.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:35 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,545,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I strongly disagree with the bolded.
I have also seen Lucy Liu in person and she is very much average looking.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:37 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,545,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Exactly!
Pam's high school pics were great.
She looked much better with darker hair and natural boobs though!
Pamela Anderson has had quite a few procedures sense her high school photos. I have seen her up close without makeup and I will honestly say that I have seen average housewives who look better.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:39 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,176,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I find most Asian women attractive.

I actually saw a picture of her without makeup. Didn't look bad at all to me.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:40 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I disagree, I think that both of these women are natural beauties and they're both very talented. I don't think you could take a woman at random walking out of a supermarket or wherever they might be and make them beautiful by applying makeup or even plastic surgery. I suspect that the reason that both of these women were even noticed in the first place before they became famous was because they exuded a natural beauty and were fortunate enough to also be very gifted as actresses.
Oh, that's BS only a man can believe in. Many average women with average (own) make-up on the streets would look better in a low-quality cell-phone picture than many celebrities with all the professional hair, make-up, lighting, photography, AND photoshopping. I'm not even gonna add the other alterations to the list!

Old 02-27-2010, 08:00 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,151,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Aw, but he's fairly up in age now! He was quite cute when he was a bit younger. Besides, he just has this presence to him. He's one of my favorite actors.
Oh, as an actor I like him a lot too. But I sure wouldn't think he is much of a ladies man. Even when he was in his "prime" he was not really what you would call attractive, do you think?

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-27-2010, 08:42 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,391,434 times
Quote:
Jennifer Aniston (actually she can't get a date and she is famous)
Gisele Bunchen
Lucy Lui
Vivica Fox
Kirstie Alley
Jennifer Lopez
Kirsten Dunst
The Olson Twins
Nicole Richie
Paris Hilton
Everyone one of the above could easily get a date if they weren't famous. Jennifer Lopez is breathtaking in life (I know, I've met her).
Jennifer Aniston is constantly dating, even though she is not in the relationship.
Kirstie Alley just needs to lose a few and she'd be out on the market.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
^^^The first one I thought of-LOL!

And these (some are living, and some are dead):

Sarah Jessica Parker
Ricki Lake
Jack Black
Weird Al Yankovic
All the members from the band, The Ramones
Carrot Top
Bob Dylan (nowadays)
Hugh Hefner
Dan Aykroyd
Penn and Teller
Richard Lewis
Bill Maher
Ben Stiller
Lady Gaga
Val Kilmer (nowadays)
Gerard depardieu
Arnold Schwarzenegger AND Maria Shriver
Caroline Kennedy
Prince Charles AND Camilla Parker Bowles
W.C. Fields
Jimmy Durante
Tori Spelling
Joe DiMaggio
Frank Sinatra
Quinto Tarantino
Uma Thurman
Aretha Franklin
Ella Fitzgerald
Sonny Bono
Carol Burnett
James Taylor
KD Lang
Leonard Cohen
Bob Newhart
Michael Douglas
Bill Maher, Ben Stiller, Tory Spelling??? Come on!!!! Easily could get a date. And I have no idea how Uma Thurman is on that list.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
You seem to be under an impression that an average looking person cannot get a date. Majority of people on this planet are pretty average looking, but yet, majority are in a relationship/married/dating.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:54 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,176,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
You seem to be under an impression that an average looking person cannot get a date. Majority of people on this planet are pretty average looking, but yet, majority are in a relationship/married/dating.
Exactly. If you read a lot of celebrities' biographies, you'll find a lot of them got their foot in the door by dating people with some sort of connections. And this is before many of them even got plastic surgery.

On a semi-related note, Kathy Griffin and Jack Black dated before anybody knew who either of them were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships