Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 11:17 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,656,069 times

Advertisements

himain wrote:
Quote:
No I just look intimidating..Its something I hear allll the time..
Now you've got me curious about what it is that makes you appear intimidating. What do you think it is? Anyway, I wish you good luck, at least you're making an effort and it just might work out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 11:21 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,424,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaguy View Post
himain wrote:

now you've got me curious about what it is that makes you appear intimidating. What do you think it is? Anyway, i wish you good luck, at least you're making an effort and it just might work out.
+1

Old 03-01-2010, 11:24 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,387,063 times
I'm an internet dating success story. I placed my ad with a now defunct service which I think match.com absorbed. I lived in the US but placed my ad in Ireland as Irishmen appealed to me. I paid for the service and heard from some very bad matches and after about 11 months into my one year contract I heard from a Scot.

Been married to him for 10 years and live in Scotland.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 AM

37,771 posts, read 46,255,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
This is the second time I've done this since I ended the relationship with the ex back in August. The first time was a total disaster with all the responses I got that totally did not match my requirements..I was more speicfic this time, so I'm hoping that will weed all that stuff out. The two dates I went on were pathetic: The first guy looked nothing like his picture and the second guy was soo boring and uptight, I couldn't believe it. I did email someone today so lets see what happens with that. I'll keep you guys posted, LOL.
You know, if you write your profile properly, you can usually avoid this nonsense. You should state "We should both agree that when we meet, if either of does not look like the images we have presented to the other, it will be a very short meeting." That has always worked for me.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:51 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,656,069 times
ChessieMom wrote:
Quote:
You know, if you write your profile properly, you can usually avoid this nonsense. You should state "We should both agree that when we meet, if either of does not look like the images we have presented to the other, it will be a very short meeting." That has always worked for me.
That's not a bad idea, I've seen profiles of women who were near my age but the photos they had of themselves must have been twenty years old. It doesn't make any sense to do that because they're just setting themselves up for a date that's a disaster because the guy won't even be able to recognize them.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:52 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,189,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Now you've got me curious about what it is that makes you appear intimidating. .
Me too. Do tell, himain!

Old 03-01-2010, 12:43 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,672,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
That's not a bad idea, I've seen profiles of women who were near my age but the photos they had of themselves must have been twenty years old. It doesn't make any sense to do that because they're just setting themselves up for a date that's a disaster because the guy won't even be able to recognize them.
I'll never understand why people do this. Do they really think the other person will be so charmed by their personality that they'll overlook the fact the person lied to them? If you think that, then must have an awfully high opinion of yourself.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:31 PM

20,738 posts, read 19,430,975 times
Did anyone else get that haunting feeling when you saw the spokesmen? Is he not reminiscent of an escaped Nazi eugenicist re-emergent from South America? A - let me see that your love papers are in order behind a slick phony grandpa friendliness ...

Old 03-01-2010, 01:37 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,807,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
This is the second time I've done this since I ended the relationship with the ex back in August. The first time was a total disaster with all the responses I got that totally did not match my requirements..I was more speicfic this time, so I'm hoping that will weed all that stuff out. The two dates I went on were pathetic: The first guy looked nothing like his picture and the second guy was soo boring and uptight, I couldn't believe it. I did email someone today so lets see what happens with that. I'll keep you guys posted, LOL.

so why did you decide to pay for this? this is the part the continues to elude me.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:43 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,315,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Wow, you really do business seriously, Chess! Hard to believe such a mushy story came out of that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships