Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 07:35 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,049,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatfastnoodle View Post
statistics doesn't mean much, most of the times. Also the availability of men and women doesn't automatically translate into more marriages. While I suspect this whole show is just a rather distasteful PR stunt by a Chinese dating site. In China, there are indeed tons of single women in their late 20s and early 30s who are unable to find themselves a husband. Just like anywhere, in China, many men think women are too materialistic and too stuck-up, while women think men are too shallow, too focused on looks (the same gender war goes on on Chinese internet just like shallow women vs jerky guy is a perpetual topic here.), and like anywhere, in China, age wise, men can marry down(so they aren't nearly as worried as women.), usually women can't(usually, for women, 25 is the age when she should start actively looking for a marriage material guy, the big black number "30" is pretty much a death-spell for women, after 30, female bargaining power drops precipitously. Men think so, women think so too.)

So for a lot of well-educated women in their late 20s and early 30s who probably did think a bit too highly of themselves when they were younger, getting married is not an easy task. They still want prince charming they always dream about, but reality is their prince charming's eyes are on women at least 5 years younger than them, even those who normally would be considered out of their league, probably don't want them as there is a widely held perception that these women, women who have good eduction, good jobs but still single in their 30s, are difficult to live with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Since there's no link, most likely something totally irrelevant! They may want to get rid of their husbands, lol!
What about all the abortions China has... I think that might be the issue..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 07:38 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,412,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Maybe just a bunch of attention sluts? But no, there is actually a shortage of women, which makes this even more bizarre.

I've got to guess this is some sort of promotion for something.

Hi Jays1983,

You don't understand what a shortage is. I remember reading an article by Thomas Sole who was commenting on the water shortages in California and he asked an obvious question that an economist would ask. Why doesn't the price go up? There is a shortage of doctors willing to work at minimum wage... There is never enough of more...There is a shortage of the best bachelor in China just as there is a horrible and pervasive George Clooney and Brad Pitt shortage.

It just proves exactly what I have been saying all along. Women don't really like most men. It does not matter how many low status men exist in a society. The only thing that matters is getting the best men.

China is a sea full of men but hypergamy is an irresistible tide that commands the sea.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:44 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,262,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
What about all the abortions China has... I think that might be the issue..
Well, they abort girls.

But Chinese society is throwing away its little girls at an astounding rate. For every 100 girls registered at birth, there are now 118 little boys - in other words, nearly one seventh of Chinese girl babies are going missing.

BBC News | ASIA-PACIFIC | China's unwanted girls

Old 03-09-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Women don't really like most men. It does not matter how many low status men exist in a society. The only thing that matters is getting the best men.
Of course, men don't want the best, do they?

Old 03-09-2010, 07:47 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,228,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
China is a sea full of men but hypergamy is an irresistible tide that commands the sea.
And silliness is the irresistible tide that commands CD.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:52 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,049,096 times
Quote:
Well, they abort girls.

But Chinese society is throwing away its little girls at an astounding rate. For every 100 girls registered at birth, there are now 118 little boys - in other words, nearly one seventh of Chinese girl babies are going missing.

BBC News | ASIA-PACIFIC | China's unwanted girls

Wow... I'm ready to check out of this place... I don't see any hope when humans discard so many babies like trash.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Wow... I'm ready to check out of this place... I don't see any hope when humans discard so many babies like trash.
I know...

Old 03-09-2010, 07:55 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,570,702 times
I guess this throws the "demure", "innocent", "modesty" and "high morals" stereotypes out the window.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:34 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,312,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatfastnoodle View Post
statistics doesn't mean much, most of the times. Also the availability of men and women doesn't automatically translate into more marriages. While I suspect this whole show is just a rather distasteful PR stunt by a Chinese dating site. In China, there are indeed tons of single women in their late 20s and early 30s who are unable to find themselves a husband. Just like anywhere, in China, many men think women are too materialistic and too stuck-up, while women think men are too shallow, too focused on looks (the same gender war goes on on Chinese internet just like shallow women vs jerky guy is a perpetual topic here.), and like anywhere, in China, age wise, men can marry down(so they aren't nearly as worried as women.), usually women can't(usually, for women, 25 is the age when she should start actively looking for a marriage material guy, the big black number "30" is pretty much a death-spell for women, after 30, female bargaining power drops precipitously. Men think so, women think so too.)

So for a lot of well-educated women in their late 20s and early 30s who probably did think a bit too highly of themselves when they were younger, getting married is not an easy task. They still want prince charming they always dream about, but reality is their prince charming's eyes are on women at least 5 years younger than them, even those who normally would be considered out of their league, probably don't want them as there is a widely held perception that these women, women who have good eduction, good jobs but still single in their 30s, are difficult to live with.

... and all CD threads lead to the never-ending "Why don't men don't pursue women", "Angry, Anti-Women Sentiment" and "Did Feminism ruin Relationships" threads.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:34 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,412,597 times
Quote:
Of course, men don't want the best, do they?

Not for tonight. Men don't mind slumming it like I am doing now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships