Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2010, 01:24 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times

Advertisements

They just have trouble with going horizontal in parallel especially when going on a small tangent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 01:33 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
I think, as has been said by me before, the entire extrovert vs. introvert thing is simply poor social skills.

WRONG. But I'm not going to try to enlighten you. Have a nice day.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:37 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
I'm geuniely baffled.

I have not said anything that can be deemed inflammatory in this thread. Again, it is my opinion that people who complain about introverts are a bit doo-lally in the head for not recognising that people are different. Take it or leave it.

There is nothing to escalate here.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:06 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
It's not well founded since it comes from assuming that that person is like you. No two people are alike.

The baffled feeling of not understanding an introvert is not well-founded.

What exactly are you trying to say? That you're baffled as to why some people don't understand introverts? What is so difficult about that concept? If you can't relate to someone, then how can you understand them?

Quote:
What wrong did I do?

I think, as has been said by me before, the entire extrovert vs. introvert thing is simply poor social skills.

I'm not in the mood for another argument, I'm simply stating an opinion, which is what human beings do.
Then you're stating an opinion based in ignorance and a lack of understanding. Just because someone prefers to be alone doesn't mean they have poor social skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Speaking of someone who doesn't understand. Introverts aren't afraid of people nor do they find it uncomfortable to be around them. They just prefer to spend more time alone. Big difference between being shy.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:42 PM

I think not understand introverts is illogical, and frankly unfounded. If we cannot relate to others, it simply means they are different. All persons are different. It's infantile to assume that others should meet our understanding, simply because they are not like us. I don't understand why some people use chains in sex, or go to great lengths to kill for religious purposes, but I just acknowledge that they hold a different psychology/motivation to my own. It's just how I think, I see things and people in shades of gray since that is what humanity is.

Quote:
Then you're stating an opinion based in ignorance and a lack of understanding. Just because someone prefers to be alone doesn't mean they have poor social skills.
I don't believe that. Some people as you state are less social. There is nothing wrong in that.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:20 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
Quote:
people who complain about introverts are a bit doo-lally in the head for not recognising that people are different.
This I can agree with. It's almost as if extroverts are expecting intros to be just like them, when that's not the case at all.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:29 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
[quote=DennyCrane;16334249]

Speaking of someone who doesn't understand. Introverts aren't afraid of people nor do they find it uncomfortable to be around them. They just prefer to spend more time alone. Big

Argue with the thesaurus for all I care. Sheesh.

Last edited by JSizzle225; 10-20-2010 at 04:43 PM..

Old 10-20-2010, 04:31 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I think many of the folks claiming to be intoverts are just making an excuse for not having fully developed their social skills.
Which just demonstrates a lack of understanding from both of you.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:56 PM

I don't believe that. I think persons who find introverts baffling lack social skills.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:59 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,110,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
[i]
Introverts aren't afraid of people nor do they find it uncomfortable to be around them. They just prefer to spend more time alone. Big difference between being shy.
Totally agree.

People who know me casually are shocked to find out that I "test" (Myers-Briggs etc) as an introvert.

I'm vocal and friendly. I laugh easily. I'm ok in social situations. I love a good party. I can handle public speaking with aplomb.

But, in truth, I prefer the company of "me, myself and I". I need time alone. That is where I have my most creative and fruitful moments.

It's difficult to balance. Often when I have a month full of being "on" (social, outgoing plaidmom) I need more time "off" to recharge.

I can play "extrovert" to the crowd, but it drains a lot of energy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships