Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 04:51 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,506 times

Advertisements

If I want stimulating conversation it'll likely be with guys. I rarely encounter women that wants to talk sci-fi, techie, politics, etc. Attractive women I've noticed could care less about such things. And it's getting worse too with the gossiping and celebrity rag garbage. I think that's because traditionally women got more conservative when they married and adopted views that synced with their husbands and vice versa. Now that women are marrying less and less they're sticking with their single girl attitudes and topics, which for the most part I just don't find interesting.

The only female friends I've had were ones that I didn't find attractive. If I'm attracted then I don't want us to be friends, I want to makeout and see her naked, and as quickly as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 04:56 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
Nutz76 wrote:
Quote:
The only female friends I've had were ones that I didn't find attractive. If I'm attracted then I don't want us to be friends, I want to makeout and see her naked, and as quickly as possible.
Why doesn't your post surprise me? You obviously see women as being basically shallow and yet when you make a statement like this one it puts you into the top category of shallowness.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:12 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,618 times
If you're a male who easily makes friends with women expect that to change when you do find a SO. You might be thinking it's all platonic, she won't be!

Old 03-11-2010, 05:20 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
If you're a male who easily makes friends with women expect that to change when you do find a SO. You might be thinking it's all platonic, she won't be!
Actually I was thinking that this a actually true of guys. I've only had two successful friendships with guys: 1) my ex and 2) my gay co-worker. Every other male I've ever tried to befriend either wants sex eventually. I recently made a new friend but I think he's thinking I want more (NOT!)

There are waaay too many guys looking for FWB for me to ever really feel comfortable in a friendship with them.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:20 PM

924 posts, read 1,644,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Nutz76 wrote:

Why doesn't your post surprise me? You obviously see women as being basically shallow and yet when you make a statement like this one it puts you into the top category of shallowness.
Here comes MontanaGuy with his insane moral compass.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:41 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
I'm getting off of City data for the day, wake me up in the next 500 responses!!

Old 03-11-2010, 05:47 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Nutz76 wrote:

Good for you for being friends with women you want to stick your pee-pee into. Do you want a cookie to go with your blueballs? Personally speaking I'd rather turn things up a notch. If things don't work out then so be it, but it beats the hell out of being stuck in friend-zone hell.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
My "friendships" with men don't work too well, so I don't specifically seek them.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:57 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
Llewelyn wrote:
Quote:
Ok, why don't you explain to the rest of us why I have enjoyed the friendships of women who were either married or not someone who I would have sought a relationship with but I enjoyed something about their personality and have remained friends with them for many years? Your sidekick Nutz76 bared his soul with his childish remarks which seem to insinuate that women have no substance without help from their male mentors and aren't worthy of being friends because they're not quite up to the task. I'm going to go out on a limb and take a guess that you're probably not a very successful person and you find it convenient to blame others for your own shortcomings.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:59 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Most of my female friends are lifelong and I consider them sisters I never had because I'm very, very close to them. I am really close with one of them, someone I've known my whole life and we get closer each day and although I'm thinking about taking it to the next level; I also have to take into consideration if she would reciprocate it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships