Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 07:02 AM

796 posts, read 1,845,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Honestly. to many young men even up to my age of 33, we just like women who are A) still very attractive and B) we're not really concerned with how successful they are in life. Sadly a lot of women who finish college, have stressful jobs with too many hours and flaunt their indepence and are just not very desirable. We see them as tight and flight risk b/c they think they dpnt need a man.
A lot of women arent into looks on a man, its more of what his position;credit rating, ect... FOr men, thats like number 5 on the list. Is she sexually attractive and does she have a lot of availabilty are the key terms for a lot of guys, especially young ones. I wouldn't care if a woman was a professional nanny with a young child if her rating is a 9 on a scale of 1-10 and she made time for me, as opposed to the woman that what 8-6 and is waaaay to busy to come and see me.
That's pretty sad...why would any man want a woman who couldn't take care of herself, and has half a brain? 1950's attitude, much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 07:14 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,761,487 times
compare it to your diet. we seek the quick gratification of sugar, red meat, fats, bread, chocolate, et cetera. either we're taught, or we learn, the value of healthy but tasteless food for our well-being.

for a man, at least, the sort of woman who is most suitable for monogamy is like that healthy but tasteless food.

Last edited by le roi; 03-15-2010 at 07:23 AM..

Old 03-15-2010, 10:20 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,390,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
compare it to your diet. we seek the quick gratification of sugar, red meat, fats, bread, chocolate, et cetera. either we're taught, or we learn, the value of healthy but tasteless food for our well-being.

for a man, at least, the sort of woman who is most suitable for monogamy is like that healthy but tasteless food.

Hi le roi,

I had already looked at the female hormonal cycle where research indicates women desire boy friend material when they are not fertile and square jawed, testosterone filled jerks that are impossible to live with when they are fertile. It seems a woman's organs have their own plan which is to cuckold the very man their brain seems to love.

Yet as I have been reading about sperm wars, it seems that men, as horrified as they may be at being a cuckold of their wife, tend to have economy style orgasms with their loyal partners. Conversely if his wife were to be oogled and groped all evening, he will have an intense full blast orgasm from competition anxiety. His organ seems to operate independently the only way it knows how and that is to up the pleasure when the monogamy is under threat.

The god of bio mechanics is a trickster god.

Of course knowing its tricks may from time to time allow one to trick it back.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:56 AM

437 posts, read 675,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
They look hot and do it a lot. The only requirements for most 20 something males.
Pretty much.

To the OP: these women may only be losers are YOU define them, not as the men define them. A 20 something man wants a hot girl who puts out. Bonus points for a nice personality and no kids. the bar is lower, especially if it's just about sex.

Now, for a long term relationship, yes men will raise the bar often. Until then though...

As for strippers, strippers are seen as hyper sexual creatures that are unattainiable. Getting a stripper into the sack is seen as an achievement among most men (been there/done that btw) that getting a nice girl isn't. Now, we're not looking to MARRY the stripper, mind you and would freely admit that the nice girl is the one who would be better marriage material.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:59 AM

Just adding: as for single mothers... well they tend to put out so guys go after them.

As for depenent or needy women, some men really like a woman who needs him. It makes him feel wanted/important/powerful which appeals to his mandhood. I like women who need me over a "strong and independent powerful woman."

Old 03-15-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Just remember that what you think is attractive in another woman is not necessarily what men would find attractive.
Pure Gold.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:18 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,980,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
I was referring to the 20-something male set when I ask this. I used to have a friend (no longer a friend, long story) who would debate this issue with me. I spent SO MUCH of my 20s wondering why I couldn't get a guy to give me the time of day...Now Im no longer single and over it, but sometimes I find myself reminiscing about the past alot i.e. "my single days" My single days were not happy because i felt I was not sought after. I saw guys my age going after women that I felt had nothing to offer someone. They were *******, dependent women, needy women, wom en with three kids by two different dads (is that possible? LOL) women who did drugs, worked as strippers, etc. So my question is what is it about worthless women that attracts twenty something men? I don't know. I asked my fiance and he said "It is because you're not easy. You've got values." My girl-friend at the time miught have said something similar. I am 32 right now. I ask this question not to bash men but because I'd like to get some answers on why guys never looked at me in my 20s much ( I did have what you call "platonic friends".) Yes I know I have heard men say that women are attracted to losers when they are young. There are worlds of men who will claim that women are attracted to worthless men when they are young, I know. Id just like some enlightenment on why society is the way it is. Thanks.
I thought this was an interesting choice of wording you employed...you didnt say that you were not sought after..you said that you "felt" you werent sought after.

This suggests to me that you were sought after to a degree, but didnt want the ones who were seeking you. I keep having to tell women this: not wanting the ones who wanted you, doesnt mean that you werent wanted at all.

I could be wrong. I also think it interesting that you have "values", yet you were a lil butthurt because none of the sleezeballs were chasing you...(Being frank: Men of character, who have like values as the ones you say you have, wouldnt be pursuing strippers, single moms, nor druggies)

so imo, this only really leaves one explanation, and it isnt an explanation unique to yourself: you were pining for the affections of men that every other slutty woman wanted. straight women want the men that other women want, and other women wanted the guys you were talking about.

To be honest, you look suspect for even still questioning this. I would think that by now not only would you have moved on, as you say you have, but you would thank God that those kind of men didnt want you.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:18 AM

19,682 posts, read 12,265,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
Pretty much.

To the OP: these women may only be losers are YOU define them, not as the men define them. A 20 something man wants a hot girl who puts out. Bonus points for a nice personality and no kids. the bar is lower, especially if it's just about sex.

Now, for a long term relationship, yes men will raise the bar often. Until then though...

As for strippers, strippers are seen as hyper sexual creatures that are unattainiable. Getting a stripper into the sack is seen as an achievement among most men (been there/done that btw) that getting a nice girl isn't. Now, we're not looking to MARRY the stripper, mind you and would freely admit that the nice girl is the one who would be better marriage material.
How about a bar skank? Is this also some unattainable creature? I don't think so. Because they will go for the bar skanks over better looking classier women who are not skanked out. Then, I hope they realize that normal women will not want them after they have been there.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:30 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,390,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
Pretty much.

Hi Ameiko,

Actually I think this post is a little flawed. Strippers are not classically unattainable. I believe that men may think of them as unattainable for a woman of that physical beauty for an exclusive LTR. In other words, a lessor man is depending upon her lack of discretion and sexual nature to get what would otherwise be difficult. Beautiful, chaste women are inherently difficult to seduce.

I am not sure if that is what you mean or not.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
Actually I was expecting this question to be asked with the gender roles reversed...
Haven't we already asked it 50 times here with that reverse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships