Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2010, 08:37 AM

10,175 posts, read 20,796,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've taken so many classes for work over the yrs that I probably could have a Masters, instead of a AA.
You and me both! I swear I spend more time accomplishing CBT's (Computer Based Training modules) than I do actual work. Some of these courses run on for hours and are so tedious. There are several that are designed in such a manner that you can't move along without taking periodic exams or scoring a minimum on the test. Then you're forced to take the damn course all over again. We have to take these damn things every year, there are at least 25 of them required through the course of the year.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:58 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,211,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
You might get free donuts and coffee out of it!
Free food has never meant anything to me! I'd rather not do something painful even if it comes with a box of fine Belgian chocolate!

Old 03-17-2010, 01:06 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,331,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yep, us RE agents do our yearly duty. Makes us have better smarts and ethical people.
Yeah, I got my torture over with earlier this month. Although, I took a course on the disclosure of Meth labs in homes and it was quite disturbing!

Old 03-17-2010, 01:09 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,771,567 times
Working out of the home office today. I was feeling lazy and didn't feel like making something to eat. So I decided to go to an Arby's. We don't each too much fast food, but it sounded good so I went. Well I get up the the window to pay at the drive thru and I had forgotten my wallet. Well the lady said just come back by later and pay..

Well, I was pretty surprised and thanked her. I went back about a 1/2 hour later and paid her. She was thankful that I came back.

I said no, thanks for letting me come back later to pay.

I know its not that big of a deal, but I think people just extended each other a little more courtesies like this, we'd all get along much better.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:15 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,206,877 times
Quote:
Working out of the home office today. I was feeling lazy and didn't feel like making something to eat. So I decided to go to an Arby's. We don't each too much fast food, but it sounded good so I went. Well I get up the the window to pay at the drive thru and I had forgotten my wallet. Well the lady said just come back by later and pay..

Well, I was pretty surprised and thanked her. I went back about a 1/2 hour later and paid her. She was thankful that I came back.

I know its not that big of a deal, but I think people just extended each other a little more courtesies like this, we'd all get along much better.
Sort of the same thing happened to me at Subway yesterday. Went in to get a tuna sub and all I had was my debit card and their debit/credit machine wasn't working so she went to get someone and they said, "Don't worry about it - on the house today." I went back today and paid her for it because I know that kind of thing happens and she was so pleasant and just the gesture itself was worth $5.

It must be nice to people week.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:14 PM

3,277 posts, read 3,529,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Sort of the same thing happened to me at Subway yesterday. Went in to get a tuna sub and all I had was my debit card and their debit/credit machine wasn't working so she went to get someone and they said, "Don't worry about it - on the house today." I went back today and paid her for it because I know that kind of thing happens and she was so pleasant and just the gesture itself was worth $5.

It must be nice to people week.
That was good of you to go back and pay. Those types of restaurants make very little on their margins and every bit helps.

Quote:

People must be a bit nicer in SoCal. Here they would have told me to get lost.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:25 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,771,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
People must be a bit nicer in SoCal. Here they would have told me to get lost.
Naw, they ain't nicer, this was just some strange act of kindness by a stranger.

Sounds like a line out of Street Car Named Desire.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:10 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,015,367 times
Subway sounds good. Too bad they don't have drive thrus. I'm lazy.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:23 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,206,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Subway sounds good. Too bad they don't have drive thrus. I'm lazy.
I always thought the same thing - they'd make a fortune! This one was next to a store I had to go in so it was only a couple steps.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:32 PM

3,277 posts, read 3,529,703 times
A subway in Omaha has a drivethru
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.