Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 03:52 PM

7 posts, read 6,602 times

Advertisements

am a 20 year old girl living at home . i cant leave because i go to skool and getting a job is way to tiring for me as i tried before but ended up getting fired in less than a week , my mother whom i live with is VERY well financially , yet she is not willing to get me my own place as she says am not responsible enough only cuz i had some issues with drinking before. anyways my problem which is really embarrassing 2 days ago i was over my friends house and we were bored and tried ( meth ) but it was my first time ever and i really JUST WANTED to try that is all ., my mom found out and she got really mad wouldnt even hear me she told me that am grounded for a week and she took my car keys ! imagine this an adult like myself being grounded at 20 for something so stupid and petty . what can i do ? i need to make her BACK OFF ! i don't deserve to be treated so poorly at my age . do you think SOMEHOW shez justified at what she did ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 03:59 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,845,822 times
Maybe try acting as a responsible adult-you would be "curb" living if I was your parent. Also as a newbie you come here????

Old 03-16-2010, 04:13 PM

10,212 posts, read 17,864,610 times
I agree with the other reply - start acting like an adult and maybe she'll treat you like one.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:23 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah 1989 View Post
am a 20 year old girl living at home . i cant leave because i go to skool and getting a job is way to tiring for me as i tried before but ended up getting fired in less than a week , my mother whom i live with is VERY well financially , yet she is not willing to get me my own place as she says am not responsible enough only cuz i had some issues with drinking before. anyways my problem which is really embarrassing 2 days ago i was over my friends house and we were bored and tried ( meth ) but it was my first time ever and i really JUST WANTED to try that is all ., my mom found out and she got really mad wouldnt even hear me she told me that am grounded for a week and she took my car keys ! imagine this an adult like myself being grounded at 20 for something so stupid and petty . what can i do ? i need to make her BACK OFF ! i don't deserve to be treated so poorly at my age . do you think SOMEHOW shez justified at what she did ?
OMG

I don't know where to begin.

OMG

20yrsinBranson
so very, very, very happy to be childfree at this moment.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:23 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,810,449 times
Your mother was way too lenient!! Shame on her!!

P.S. I wouldn't give you a dime..You showed absolutely no responsibility. It would take you years to recover trust in my eyes.

Glad your mother is well off so she can afford rehab for you later.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:25 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,797 times
I'm almost at a loss for words. You're still in skool? You just tried meth because you were bored? What grade are you in? If you are 20 years old, then NO, your mother is not justified in grounding you. She is, however, justified in kicking you to the curb.

On the other hand, it really is a shame that your rich mom won't pay for you to have your own place, since working is so tiring for you. Maybe you should contact the authorities.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:53 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,813 times
Your 20 years old, your mother is not "legally" obligated to do anything for you.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:59 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,620,342 times
Do you have any idea at all what meth can do to you? It's not like smoking pot or having a beer while you're underage. You're dealing with something that is extremely addictive and will destroy your body. Do a Google search under images and look for before and after photos of meth users. If that doesn't sink in there's probably no hope for you. Your Mother was acting responsibly and you were not.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:01 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,618,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah 1989 View Post
... what can i do ? i need to make her BACK OFF ! i don't deserve to be treated so poorly at my age . do you think SOMEHOW shez justified at what she did ?
I know EXACTLY how you feel.

When I was 16, my mom refused to buy me my first slave. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?! I mean, c'mon!!! THEN she tells me to take my dead-cat-and-dog collection outside to air out! GEEZE!!!

But I fixed her...she won't be bothering ME anymore...I dropped a hit of acid, then threw her down into that dark, stinky hole in the basement. Now, if it doesn't put the lotion on its skin, it gets the hose again! Hahahahahaha...

Old 03-16-2010, 06:05 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,112,180 times
If you were my child and I found out that you had been doing drugs in my house, you and your would be on the curb so fast you wouldn't know what hit you. You are disrespectful and as long as you act like a child you should be treated like one.

If you want to be an adult, get a job and move out! That's what adults do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships