Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 06:42 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,657,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
And what does this have to do with Internet dating...? You can't meet jerks otherwise?
Precisely what I was thinking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 07:45 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,392,297 times
Internet dating has its dangers, but one just has to trust their instincts and make sure they are who they say they are prior to meeting.

if this means a private investigator, or at least spending a while to get to know them, then it's worth it in the long run.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:50 AM

239 posts, read 597,125 times
I don't think internet dating is any different than meeting people in real life. When you meet someone for the first time, you know very little about them. The only way you're going to find out if you're a match, is to take the risk and get to know them.

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Meeting a new person, regardless of where you met, brings with it risk.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:57 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,169,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
I refuse to internet date, a picture is not always worth a thousand words.
Exactly, because it's impossible to meet an abuser or fraud offender in person or by any other means. Frauds and wife beaters are only found on the internet. It should be avoided at all costs.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:46 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,343,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Yea, that's true.... But I will admit, I think I'm pretty good a qualifying a women over the phone... In fact, I refuse to see any women with out talking to her on the phone a few times.
Wow I didn't know the telephone could be so useful to a GUY... I totally understand where u r coming from. I like to email a before there is any personal contact. And then maybe a phone call. How can u tell if a woman is worth dating over the phone? I mean what makes a woman more attractive or less attractive over the telephone?

Old 03-23-2010, 09:22 PM

44,386 posts, read 20,111,153 times
Quote:
No need to shy about it: HELL YEA THEY ARE F$$$$N HYPOCRITES!!! Pastors are nothing more then CON MEN/WOMEN behind pulpits!!!
Every group of people is comprised of some good and some bad people. Don't lump all pastors together in the "bad" category. While I've known some pastors of questionable character over the years, I also personally know a lot of pastors who are genuinely benevolent and of the highest moral character, who "walk the walk" rather than just "talk the talk."

Sorry all - I know this is off topic. I just had to stick up for my pastor friends.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:27 PM

37,702 posts, read 46,130,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Wow I didn't know the telephone could be so useful to a GUY... I totally understand where u r coming from. I like to email a before there is any personal contact. And then maybe a phone call. How can u tell if a woman is worth dating over the phone? I mean what makes a woman more attractive or less attractive over the telephone?
I don't see why it makes any difference if you are guy or a gal. Having a few conversations over the phone gives you a much better sense of a person...their voice, how well (or how poorly!) they speak, tone, humor....even confidence. I'd never meet anyone with at least a couple of phone conversations.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:06 AM

23,269 posts, read 29,122,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
I refuse to internet date, a picture is not always worth a thousand words.
I continually respond to ad without photo's, and do not send photo's out.
The old-fashioned way, with words.

I agree, a photo doesn't say much at all, just like seeing someone walking down the street.

IMO, words can be worth thousands of words.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:18 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,343,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't see why it makes any difference if you are guy or a gal. Having a few conversations over the phone gives you a much better sense of a person...their voice, how well (or how poorly!) they speak, tone, humor....even confidence. I'd never meet anyone with at least a couple of phone conversations.
Well thanks for that insight

Old 03-24-2010, 12:20 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,248,621 times
Quote:
Yea, that's true.... But I will admit, I think I'm pretty good a qualifying a women over the phone... In fact, I refuse to see any women with out talking to her on the phone a few times.
Wow, that's some wording!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships