Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 12:23 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,037,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
No need to shy about it: HELL YEA THEY ARE F$$$$N HYPOCRITES!!! Pastors are nothing more then CON MEN/WOMEN behind pulpits!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
Every group of people is comprised of some good and some bad people. Don't lump all pastors together in the "bad" category. While I've known some pastors of questionable character over the years, I also personally know a lot of pastors who are genuinely benevolent and of the highest moral character, who "walk the walk" rather than just "talk the talk."

Sorry all - I know this is off topic. I just had to stick up for my pastor friends.
I second the highlighted post. That's my grandfather you're including there, and a more practice-what-you preach person Ive never met.

Not every preacher is a slimeball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 01:36 AM

23,254 posts, read 29,103,005 times
No prior phone conversations here!

I know what the certain quality of a voice can do to you: screw up your objectivity totally, worse than seeing a photo!

Old 03-24-2010, 09:18 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,655,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I continually respond to ad without photo's, and do not send photo's out.
The old-fashioned way, with words.

I agree, a photo doesn't say much at all, just like seeing someone walking down the street.

IMO, words can be worth thousands of words.
Photos can be misleading, but sharing one shows that you have nothing to hide. A lot of times, people will describe themselves one way, but appear to be something else. For example, a guy might say he's average when he's really overweight. It's a lot harder, though not impossible, to conceal what you are if you have a photo.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:23 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,230,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
For example, a guy might say he's average when he's really overweight.
True. As we've talked before, if a guy says he's average, he's probably overweight; if a woman says she's average, she might be actually thin and fit.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:29 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,168,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
True. As we've talked before, if a guy says he's average, he's probably overweight; if a woman says she's average, she might be actually thin and fit.
Tell that to the girls on Match.com

I had to take out "about average" as a body type search option out of my search criteria for the very reason that the "about average" women are a little overweight, or their pictures tend to only show them from the neck up...

Old 03-24-2010, 09:52 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,638,050 times
Unfortunately there are people out there who will attempt to exploit someone both on the internet and in everyday life. I've never used Craigslist because it doesn't appeal to me but I've read alot of the ads and there's been a number of men who have posted information on the women looking for men section about women who should be avoided. Apparently in the Nashville area there's a woman who gets to know men and then finds out all of their personal financial information and attempts to steal from them. A man posted her photo and said that she took him for thousands of dollars and the police are looking for her.
People need to be extremely cautious and sometimes con artists are so good that they can convince others that they're something very different than they really are.
I still don't see the internet as being any worse than the people you meet face to face in other circumstances though. Both men and women just need to take every precaution and don't allow people you don't know that well access to personal information. It sounds like the woman I mentioned would get guys to let her move in with them and then go through all of their financial records when they weren't home.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:39 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,655,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
LOL. Go to match.com and search some profiles. You'll see a lot of overweight women who categorized themselves as having an average body type. I don't expect someone to have a perfect body, but I do expect them to be honest about what they are and aren't. I workout and don't have any excess weight on me, but I would never list myself as "athletic and toned."

Old 03-24-2010, 12:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,230,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
LOL. Go to match.com and search some profiles. You'll see a lot of overweight women who categorized themselves as having an average body type. I don't expect someone to have a perfect body, but I do expect them to be honest about what they are and aren't.
If that's how it works, if I ever put up a profile again I'll say I'm a 18 yr old stick!

Quote:
I workout and don't have any excess weight on me, but I would never list myself as "athletic and toned."
Why not? Modesty doesn't pay off in this particular game! If ever really...

Old 03-24-2010, 12:10 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,985,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
This might be better addressed in the rental forum, but there are a couple of lawyers who post in relationships.
I'll just make one comment though, if these allegations are false, he's still abusing you as well as making false statements, you need an attorney.
I agree with the above.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:30 PM

25 posts, read 61,152 times
Thanks, I thought internet dating was suppose to be fun but I been doing it more than 10 yrs. The one is not out in this world... lol I give up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships