Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 07:00 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlWhoLovesLife View Post
wow! i'm really glad this topic was brought up because my ex whom i broke up with a few wks ago suggested this the other day!! he said it's a great idea and that if either one of us started seeing someone we'd drag up. I'm really into the idea, but isn't someone gonna get hurt when one of us has a new person? I feel like he'll want to potentially get back together too. That's the reason i'm a little hesitant. what do you think??
I think if you have strong feelings for each other its a bad idea. Even if you don't have strong feelings for each other, you guys dated, and the sex can intensify whatever feelings you did have. And yes, one of you will get hurt if the other has moved on, however it will be hard for either of you to move on if you're still seeing each other, and especially if you're both having sex. On the flip side, if you can do it, without getting all tangled up in each other emotionally, then by all means, go for it!

I'm all for casual sex with someone you have no past with. A lot less complicated, but just remember condoms and birth control! and bail if you think you're getting attached!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 11:32 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
On the flip side, if you can do it, without getting all tangled up in each other emotionally, then by all means, go for it!
That's for the birds! No way in hell it can happen as intended!

Old 03-23-2010, 11:43 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
There are plenty of women up for casual sex. Advice, be up front and you may be surprised how many olblige, things can get more complicated but thats another subject. Obviously you need abit going for you though. Make the most of it, as before you know it your hair will be receeding / greying and other body parts may not work as well either.
Live it up!
I don't get any/much action but I love the song and can play it! Does that count??? Crank up the LP and Marshall and Rock!!!LOL.........

YouTube - ZZ Top - Tush (With Lyrics)

Old 03-24-2010, 01:13 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitwishes View Post
I have personally done the whole casual thing after a long term relationship when I had no interest in anything that even looked like it maybe serious. It is not for everyone but I sure had fun.
A part of me would be fine with that.
But having gone so long without anything kind of kills all desire.
It did for me at least.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:18 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Yep. This is exactly why there is a rise in the baby boom generation for stds and AIDS.

Its not just for saucy sailors or hippies anymore!

Old 03-24-2010, 01:20 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's for the birds! No way in hell it can happen as intended!

Jerry: Why shouldn't we be able to do that once in a while if we want to?

Elaine: I know.

Jerry: I mean, really, what is the big deal? We go in there. (Points to the bedroom) We're in there for a while. We come right back out here. It's not complicated.

Elaine: It's almost stupid if we didn't.

Jerry: It's moronic.

Elaine: Absurd!

Jerry: Of course, I guess, maybe, some little problems could arise.

Elaine: We, there are always a few.

Jerry: I mean, if anything happened, and we couldn't be friends the way we are now, that would be really bad.

Elaine: Devastating.

Jerry: Because this is very good. (Points back and forth between them to indicate friendship)

Elaine: And that would be good. (Points to bedroom)

Jerry: That would be good too. The idea is combine the this and the that. But this cannot be disturbed.

Elaine: Yeah, we just wanna take this and add that.

Jerry: But of course, we'd have to figure out a way to avoid the things that cause the little problems. Maybe some rules or something.

Elaine: Huh.

Jerry: For example, now, I call you whenever I'm inclined and vice versa.

Elaine: Right.

Jerry: But if we did that, we might feel a certain obligation to call.

Elaine: Well why should that be? Oh, I have an idea. I have an idea. No call the day after that.

Jerry: Beautiful. Let's make it a rule.

Elaine: All right, sir.

Jerry: Now here's another little rule. When we see each other now, we retire to our separate quarters. But sometimes, when people get involved with that, they feel pressure to sleep over. When that is not really sleep. Sleep is separate from that. And I don't see why sleep got all tied up and connected with that.

Elaine: Okay, okay. Spending the night is optional!

Jerry: Well now we're gettin' somewhere.

Elaine: What about the kiss goodnight?

Jerry: Tough one. You're call.

Elaine: It's brug-wa (?).

Jerry: Fine. Well.

Elaine: Well.

Jerry: You ready?

Elaine: Ready.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:31 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
There are plenty of women up for casual sex. Advice, be up front and you may be surprised how many olblige, things can get more complicated but thats another subject. Obviously you need abit going for you though. Make the most of it, as before you know it your hair will be receeding / greying and other body parts may not work as well either.
Live it up!
when you've used up all your mojo,and your hair recedes, and your body parts have slowed down....who ya gonna call...

Old 12-08-2010, 08:35 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlWhoLovesLife View Post
wow! i'm really glad this topic was brought up because my ex whom i broke up with a few wks ago suggested this the other day!! he said it's a great idea and that if either one of us started seeing someone we'd drag up. I'm really into the idea, but isn't someone gonna get hurt when one of us has a new person? I feel like he'll want to potentially get back together too. That's the reason i'm a little hesitant. what do you think??

The key to having this type of "relationship" albeit casual is to keep your emotions in check. Understand from the beginning that it's JUST casual, never meaning to amount to anything serious. Men have an easier time keeping it simple than a lot of women do. Gal pals of mine used to ask me all the time how I could keep a guy as just someone to have fun with without developing any feelings and I'll admit, it's not an easy task but it CAN be done.
But I'm also the type of person who can cut someone out of my life and not look back. I can very easily choose who to have feelings for and who not to.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:43 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
The key to having this type of "relationship" albeit casual is to keep your emotions in check. Understand from the beginning that it's JUST casual, never meaning to amount to anything serious. Men have an easier time keeping it simple than a lot of women do. Gal pals of mine used to ask me all the time how I could keep a guy as just someone to have fun with without developing any feelings and I'll admit, it's not an easy task but it CAN be done.
But I'm also the type of person who can cut someone out of my life and not look back. I can very easily choose who to have feelings for and who not to.
You really believe this?

Old 12-08-2010, 08:50 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
You really believe this?
I not only believe it, I practice this and live my life this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships