Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:50 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times

Advertisements

I don't like him. He wasn't upfront with you and obviously still has feelings for his ex. You don't want to be anyone's second choice, you can do better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 08:51 AM

851 posts, read 3,626,599 times
Here are the rules to define cheating. It's not cheating if:

1. the cheated and the cheater are living in two separate area code.
2. you are in a foreign country, state or another city, basically out of the line of sight
3. you don't remember his/her name, especially not the last name
4. you don't feel guilty
5. you cannot tell if it actually happened or not
6. your SO hasn't found out
7. you get caught, but you deny it and your SO believes you
8. you haven't had sex with your SO for more than a month

:-)

Last edited by TheStupid; 03-23-2010 at 09:09 AM..

Old 03-23-2010, 08:56 AM

622 posts, read 1,279,811 times
Since he was honest its not really cheating. But I would walk. He may like you but him using the term "off-gf" instead of "ex" is a red flag. That tells me that the may soon be "on" again. So you are just the filler girl till then.

If your ok with that fine. But he is not over her. And if I were on the other side of that coin, which I have been I would never take a girl back if she slept with someone else. Break or not. I tell every girl I date that once they touch someone else that bridge is burned forever. But thats just me.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:05 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Wow! What a great setup! FOR HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-23-2010, 09:21 AM

44,353 posts, read 20,056,503 times
Walk. Now.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:27 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missolemiss View Post
I met this guy about 5 months ago, then we started dating.
He told me he wasn't seeing anybody and off course i thought that he was single
We shopped together,sometimes i cook for him,spends weekend together,and do that sort of thing.
I was starting to falling into him.

A week ago he told me that actually he has a GF but they're in their "Off" Period
He met his "off-GF", and his "off-GF" wants to get back on
I was shocked when he told me that he has an "off-GF"

Does that make me the other woman ?
If i told him to choose between me or her,does that make a b*tch ?
You don't even need to put yourself in that position. He clearly is not someone whom you would want to pursue a relationship with. While it may not be cheating, it was wrong of him to get you emotionally attached when all along, he was willing to make amends with his "off-GF".

Seems like he was just looking for someone to fill his time until "off-GF" came around. Tell him thanks for the ride but you will be getting off now.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:41 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
I think guys (and women) who do this are scum. I'll never understand these people who take breaks for relationships. Either it's on or off. You don't take vacations from relationships. Seriously, these people need to grow up. But if someone I was seeing came to me and said she was thinking of getting back together with her ex who she was on a break from, I wouldn't waste any more time with her nor would I give her a second chance when things didn't work out with her ex.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:45 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
Quote:
I met this guy about 5 months ago, then we started dating.
He told me he wasn't seeing anybody and off course i thought that he was single
We shopped together,sometimes i cook for him,spends weekend together,and do that sort of thing.
I was starting to falling into him.

A week ago he told me that actually he has a GF but they're in their "Off" Period
He met his "off-GF", and his "off-GF" wants to get back on
I was shocked when he told me that he has an "off-GF"

Does that make me the other woman ?
If i told him to choose between me or her,does that make a b*tch ?
Wow, what an insensitive jerk. I say cut ur losses. If he is on and off with her, he will be the same way with u. And maybe other women too. U don't want to be just another chicken in the barnyard. U can do better

Old 03-23-2010, 06:26 PM

5 posts, read 7,007 times
I appreciate all of yours advice truly, thanks

Here's an update
He said he broke up with his "Off-GF" (now ex), and said that he wants to be with me. He apologized for what he did
But honestly i still can't get over the fact that he lied to my face for the past few months
I still have feelings for him though, all my life he's one of the several person who really understand me beside my parents and a bestfriend.

If i say no to him, i'm afraid that i'd regret my decision and couldn't move on from him
If i say yes, this would be one hard relationship because i have to learn how to trust him again, because at this point after the lie the trust part has pretty much gone

If you were me,what would you do ?

Old 03-23-2010, 06:41 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Quote:
I appreciate all of yours advice truly, thanks

Here's an update
He said he broke up with his "Off-GF" (now ex), and said that he wants to be with me. He apologized for what he did
But honestly i still can't get over the fact that he lied to my face for the past few months
I still have feelings for him though, all my life he's one of the several person who really understand me beside my parents and a bestfriend.

If i say no to him, i'm afraid that i'd regret my decision and couldn't move on from him
If i say yes, this would be one hard relationship because i have to learn how to trust him again, because at this point after the lie the trust part has pretty much gone

If you were me,what would you do ?

If you want to be with him, you are going to have to put this behind you and move forward with a clean slate. However, if you are not able to do that and will always wonder if he's being truthful with you, then your relationship is pretty much doomed.

I've always said...no trust, no relationship but that's me. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships